ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS BOSTON COLLEGE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I think the injury to Amile sort of caused the guys to lose focus. It's very understandable with the injuries this year. I hope Capel does not forget Kennard is our best shooter.

Reactions: OHballer and dbav
Who is complaining that Jeter isn't playing? He's still 1 or 2 games out from playing.

Vrank isn't an ideal rotational player but he may need to be based on necessity (especially with Javin being out for a bit).

Who is complaining that Jeter isn't playing? He's still 1 or 2 games out from playing.

Vrank isn't an ideal rotational player but he may need to be based on necessity (especially with Javin being out for a bit).

A lot of bad would have to happen for that to come to fruition.

Very concerning game indeed. Offensively I loved our balance. Thought we moved the ball really well. Defensively, eeek. Our inability to stay in front of guards is VERY concerning. Teams like Ucla and Uk could kill us.

What has happened to offensive rebounding? Watched the last half of the game, no defense and no offensive rebounding. I saw that in other games as well.. Well, at least they won. They are going to have to play a helluva lot better than this to beat a lot to teams in the ACC this year.

He hurt his foot...they don't know severity...he will undergo test...

This was the game that has reset my expectations for the season. I just don't see Bolden contributing 15+ quality minutes, and now with Amile down (foot injury, shocking, thanks Nike), this team's floor is pretty low.

This was the game that has reset my expectations for the season. I just don't see Bolden contributing 15+ quality minutes, and now with Amile down (foot injury, shocking, thanks Nike), this team's floor is pretty low.

Way too early to think that way. We don't know about Amile and Bolden is still developing. OFC

Bolden has missed a lot of time. He's still adjusting. Giles is also still getting up to speed, but is already looking a lot better than the last game.

Reactions: MyDudeG
Game was blacked out up here in NY. I saw they were up big in the first half. My guess, judging by all these comments, is that we took our foot off the gas like we do every game. The fact that we still struggle to defend is concerning seeing as it is all about effort. You can struggle offensively and still win a game if you play solid defense.

Like I said before, defense used to be a hallmark of Duke basketball. Hasn't been the case for years.....

Pathetic defensive effort by kennard.

Today you saw the potential of this team and at the same time how this team isn't completely on the same page.

Hopefully amile is ok.

Dukehokie announcers were even discussing how Giles doesn't run hard down the court. It bothers me because he'd have so many easy looks..

Transition d we attempt to stop the bAll handler in the middle of the paint. Way too late. You need to slow the dribbler down before the 3 point line.

A ton to work on and get better at but at least we can see the potential if amile is ok.

The best thing that I saw today was ASSISTS. Grayson having 11 and I think the team had 20. Meaning that half or more of the points were created off an assist. Hard to beat any team when they work together.

Reactions: dbav
Amile is not replaceable but this really is Bolden's chance. I hope Capel had that talk with him because so far I see a kid in need of a second year in a big way. Prove me wrong big fella!

Amile is not replaceable but this really is Bolden's chance. I hope Capel had that talk with him because so far I see a kid in need of a second year in a big way. Prove me wrong big fella!

Bolden has crazy high potential and a ways to go to reach it. He plays soft and timid. He isn't aggressive but reactive. He needs to play like the big man he is and create his own space. And I don't know if it's just a matter of conditioning, but he plays lazy - lapses on D, silly reach ins, etc. I want to see Bolden play confident and energetic; he has the ability to be dominant.

NYBluedevil-I watched the game on the YES network. Probably because it was against BC.I

I thought Bolden played well early. Give the kid some credit and a break.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
I actually saw plenty from Bolden yesterday. Things are coming together for him, yes fouls piled up, but they always seem to with young big guys. Especially at Duke, where they hedge hard etc.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
Still have yet to see Bolden play very much. Couldn't find the game until second half was well underway. Guess I must be jinxing them, every time I tune in they seem to play their worst. Oh well, lot of season left . Still remember the good old days when we would go down after work and buy tickets at the door. Anyone else remember doing that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT