ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS APPALACHIAN STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Starting to feel like their commitments were all a dream and we will not see them play at all. So frustrating.

I agree, he just needs to develop a better basketball IQ, especially on defense.

And the weird part is that he's an exceptional communicator. Usually those guys have a good grasp on where to be but he's just not been on it in that regard.

Reactions: Dukesince90
I'm like what I'm seeing from Big Vrank! I like his position under the boards, would like to see him set his feet a little wider when setting screens. Damn he's big.
Was right about to say the same thing! He's playing strong.

Looking at the stats it looks like we really played well. Knocking down those free throws have been impressive the last few games. Keep that foot to the floor. OFC

That first half was vintage Allen. He looked closer to the player we watched last year than he has in any other game thus far. He still doesn't completely have his full explosiveness attacking the rim, but he looks better. That's a good sign.

This team could have been the old Runnin' Rebs-like in blowing teams out had they all been healthy.

Reactions: SkookPSU&Duke
Maybe I don't understand basketball, but I don't get that travel they've been calling on Amile all season.

Glad Grayson got his 4th, a little rest before MSU for him won't hurt us.

Adrian, funny you mentioned that. my daughter and I rewind them and slow mo them. 90% of Amiles travel calls are 100% BS.

Amile appears to hold his pivot foot really well. He is pretty awkward in his movement, but I just don't see the walks!

I love Coach K, but I can't think of any circumstance where (a 50% healthy) Grayson Allen needed to be in the game after he left with 4 fouls.

Dang Grayson was looking like he was getting better.

I love Coach K, but I can't think of any circumstance where (a 50% healthy) Grayson Allen needed to be in the game after he left with 4 fouls.
Because the lead was only 35 points?

Frank Jackson blows my mind on his layups. He goes in there and I say "no way in hell he makes this" and then he readjusts in midair and lays in the sweetest, softest touch layup ever executed. LOL

I'm stuck at work and following the game on line. Is Grayson still in the game? Are there pro scouts in the stands or something?

Frank Jackson blows my mind on his layups. He goes in there and I say "no way in hell he makes this" and then he readjusts in midair and lays in the sweetest, softest touch layup ever executed. LOL

Sort of the way Kyrie used to do it. OFC

Reactions: Leatherface1983
I'm liking what I saw from Vrank as well and very impressed watching Javin come along with each game. Very impressed with this performance, but man just think if we had AT LEAST two of our guys healthy. Would have been even more of a beat down.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Vrank/White/Delau have proven they can play 5 minute stretches without hurting us. That's huge if we have a full roster. We could have 2.5 bigs out there at all times and still run on every possession.

Honestly when is the last time K has removed the starters with 9 minutes left in the game no matter how big we are up? A majority of the time when we are up big, our starters don't get relieved until there is about 3 minutes left. Been that way for years. If Allen doesn't get injured I think Amile and Luke would have played a lot more as well. His injury scared K into pulling them IMO.

If I had to guess whatever injury Grayson has been diagnosed with I would imagine it's all pain tolerance and he's not at risk of injuring it further. I would guess we need to come to grips with the fact that we are going to see a 75% Grayson all year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT