ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Blue Devils 2015 NCAA Basketball Champions

mike-krzyzewski-ncaa-basketball-final-four-championship-game-wisconsin-vs-duke.jpg

383102_NCAA-Duke-Title-Celebrat10.jpg

64519.jpg

Reactions: skysdad

I visited my old work place today which is full of Tar Heel fans.I wore the blue championship T-shirt on purpose. Not a word was said about the shirt or about Duke-UNC. I loved it. OFC

I visited my old work place today which is full of Tar Heel fans.I wore the blue championship T-shirt on purpose. Not a word was said about the shirt or about Duke-UNC. I loved it. OFC

Nope. Ain't got squat to say anymore. I'm in Charlotte and see 'em all the time. In the old days , unx fans would approach to talk smack even if they didn't know ya. A Duke shirt/hat was a magnet for 'em. Not anymore. I like how they avert their eyes and just look at the ground. God forbid they make eye-contact. Kills 'em too. So much of their self-esteem is wrapped up in the tarhole fandom. They're lost without it. Kinda sad and pathetic to watch. Funny as a mofo but sad and pathetic too. lol

How many times have you guys watched the championship game? Or at least the last 13 minutes?

I think I've re-watched the entire game once but I've watched the last 13 minutes probably at least 10 times.

I've watch game about 2 dozen times. If I'm just doing office work, I will play it in the background. I actually like to watch the whole game because I thought K's game management was brilliant throughout. I also like to laugh at all the mugging to the camera the Wisconsin players did in the first half and early in the second. Nice to see how that turned aroudn.

Reactions: Neue Regel
I've watch game about 2 dozen times. If I'm just doing office work, I will play it in the background. I actually like to watch the whole game because I thought K's game management was brilliant throughout. I also like to laugh at all the mugging to the camera the Wisconsin players did in the first half and early in the second. Nice to see how that turned aroudn.

I like to start usually when Wisky is up 48-39 in the second. Amazing what Grayson Allen did, he comes in hits a 3 pointer and the 3 point play and suddenly its 45-48 and "game on." Later it was tied 54-54 after a Tyus 2 point basket and Grayson scores again on a drive with an incredible basket over Dekker to give Duke its first lead since the first half. When it's 58-56 Wisconsin, Tyus Jones comes down and nails a 3pointer to make it 59-58 Duke. Then Okafor hits back to back baskets. I thought one of the biggest of the game was when Duke was up 61-58 and Okafor gets a put back off a Winslow miss. Put Duke up 63-58.

The defense though was just outstanding. Duke was all over them defensively and switching beautifully. Wisconsin was not able to take advantage of matchups like they were against whomever Kentucky had guarding Dekker and Kaminsky.

That is similar to one of the things I always notice. As you watch, you can see the general deterioration of the UW psyche. The catalyst for all of it seemed to be the leader of the ship, Bo Ryan and his schtick. After even the most obvious of calls, they are throwing their hands in the air, like "What? We are UW..we DON"T foul!!" I remember a play where Grayson drove and Dukan swings his arm and hammers Grayson right in the head, and the ref made the obvious and easy call, and Dukan throws his hands up in disbelief. On what planet could he possible argue that call? I thought their focus down the stretch was poor due to Ryan's antics and ravings. The focus wasn't on making plays, it to a certain extent became a desire to present victimization in a game where the final foul count was 13 to 15.

That is similar to one of the things I always notice. As you watch, you can see the general deterioration of the UW psyche. The catalyst for all of it seemed to be the leader of the ship, Bo Ryan and his schtick. After even the most obvious of calls, they are throwing their hands in the air, like "What? We are UW..we DON"T foul!!" I remember a play where Grayson drove and Dukan swings his arm and hammers Grayson right in the head, and the ref made the obvious and easy call, and Dukan throws his hands up in disbelief. On what planet could he possible argue that call? I thought their focus down the stretch was poor due to Ryan's antics and ravings. The focus wasn't on making plays, it to a certain extent became a desire to present victimization in a game where the final foul count was 13 to 15.

When Krzyzewski decided he was going to have his guys drive the ball relentlessly, it turned out to be something Wisconsin just could not handle and Tyus Jones and Grayson Allen just dominated out there. And Tyus Jones abused Koenig on the high ball screen repeatedly. Basketball is a game of matchups, Duke and Wisconsin played twice and Duke won twice. Duke had no business winning the first meeting at Wisconsin's place and yet they did and by double figures. I think Duke was just a tougher matchup for the Badgers.

I thought Dekker was taken out of the game very quickly. I chalked a lot of it up to fatigue, but he looked really frustrated in the second half.

I thought Dekker was taken out of the game very quickly. I chalked a lot of it up to fatigue, but he looked really frustrated in the second half.

Could not get his jumper to go down at all.

That made smile due to all of his posturing.

Bo was just out coached by a long shot in the game. That's the bottom line. OFC

Reactions: dbav
Ryan lost his composure with refs & it affected his team as they cried over every call in last 10 mins. Quite noticeable.

I like when my team wins championships. There, I said it...

Ryan lost his composure with refs & it affected his team as they cried over every call in last 10 mins. Quite noticeable.
No doubt and exactly what I was referencing. That inability to maintain composure killed them, especially against a team made largely of guys who rose to the moments, particularly Tyus.

Don't blame the refs, blame Tyus Jones...

...and Grayson Allen.

DC on Tuesday...

Duke to Visit White House Tuesday

The 2015 NCAA champion Duke men's basketball team is set to visit the White House Tuesday, Sept. 8. The Blue Devils will be welcomed by President Barack Obama prior to a ceremony that will take place in the White House.

In addition to the ceremony, the team is also scheduled to tour the White House Tuesday morning.

Duke earned the 2015 national title after defeating Wisconsin, 68-63, in Indianapolis, Ind. Tyus Jones scored a game-high 23 points on 7-of-13 shooting from the field and hit all seven of his free throw attempts en route to earning NCAA Final Four All-Tournament Most Outstanding Player honors.

The Blue Devil Network will be on site, providing coverage of the trip. Check back to GoDuke.com for BDN's inside look into the Washington, D.C., visit.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=210316244

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT