ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Blue Devils 2015 NCAA Basketball Champions

th
OFC

Considering how absolutely butthurt a number of folks are on rival boards, I agree, keep the thread going. Also, someone throw in some pics of the trophy presentation for added effect.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Good thread to share links etc. If you guys have a chance watch the banquet, it's on goduke.com. Awesome stuff.

I don't think I will ever forget this group. What a season. What a coaching job and what a team that came together through with so many big time contributions from the great eight. If you look at the run we had every player had a hand in it . For example IMO we would not have beaten Wisc. in the title game without Marshall and Amile coming in and holding their on while Justise and Jah were on the bench. If not for Tyus just taking over we would not have won the game. Matt's D went a lot longer way to the victory than any of us could see. Quinn although he didn't score his usual led this team to reach back and grab some more energy. And Jah near the end did make a difference while dealing with a sub par game and foul trouble. Justise made plays that were needed and very well could have been the outstanding player if he could have stayed on the court. so next season when we are going through some struggles and doubts let's remember this team and how they won it all OFC

I re watched the title game a couple days ago while working from home. I found myself still nervous even though I knew the outcome. But it was very different watching it again. You could see how much these group of guys really wanted it. And after listening to Bo Ryan again I lost all respect for him again.

My brother randomly text me last night and said that it finally hit him and he realized he never gets to watch that group play a game together again. Then it got me thinking....while they gave us the ultimate season, it does still hurt knowing we don't get to see them play another game together. It was such a fun season.

Yes it was the most enjoyable season for me for a Duke team ever because mainly of this board. Sure we all loved 91, 92, 01, and 10 but I didn't follow a board then and only had a handful of friends from work to be happy with. It was so wonderful sharing the great experience with so many Duke lovers.

Yes it was the most enjoyable season for me for a Duke team ever because mainly of this board. Sure we all loved 91, 92, 01, and 10 but I didn't follow a board then and only had a handful of friends from work to be happy with. It was so wonderful sharing the great experience with so many Duke lovers.

I certainly agree with ^, I have really enjoyed sharing this season with my new Duke buddies, especially since this is my first year posting. I've learned so much about posting and how most of you feel.
I really loved this team and this year, and I will never forget the above teams! Thanks to you all for making my first year here so enjoyable!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

I agree. In '10, I was posting on the old ESPN message boards and there were a couple of us Duke fans, but mostly UNC, KU and KY fans. It was nice then because KU and KY were the "teams to beat" but Duke got it done. However, DI is easily my favorite board of all-time and it was much more enjoyable sharing it with all you old farts on this board. :D

I agree. In '10, I was posting on the old ESPN message boards and there were a couple of us Duke fans, but mostly UNC, KU and KY fans. It was nice then because KU and KY were the "teams to beat" but Duke got it done. However, DI is easily my favorite board of all-time and it was much more enjoyable sharing it with all you old farts on this board. :D

Everything goes better with old farts, FTB!;)

OFC

I watched the game again last night. I couldn't help but remember how I was more nervous when we were winning down the stretch than when we were down by 9. We went down by 9 and I thought we've been here before and can do it again. Then I was sweating the entire last 4 minutes, haha.

Ran into an UNC fan/friend for the first time since we won our 5th. Didn't discuss it much. He did have this to say. He said our success is all due to Coach K and once he's gone we will go back to being just an average program. He didn't care who our next coach would be whether it will be Wojo.Capel,Dawkins, Collins, Amaker , any of Coach K's former players or anyone else. He didn't care for Coach K but admitted he couldn't stand him but he was a great basketball coach and knew the game. He then said when we beat Wisc. in the championship game he got sick to his stomach. I told him I knew exactly how he felt because whenever UNC wins at anything whether it be basketball or women's wrestling I get sick on my stomach. No come back from him just a shake of his head and a smile. Bless his heart though Yeah folks I admit I got it bad when it comes to root for the Tar Heels in anything. I even pull against them when they have College Jeopardy and an UNC student is on there. OFC

Last edited:
Ran into an UNC fan/friend for the first time since we won our 5th. Didn't discuss it much. He did have this to say. He said our success is all due to Coach K and once he's gone we will go back to being just an average program. He didn't care who our next coach would be whether it will be Wojo.Capel,Dawkins, Collins, Amaker , any of Coach K's former players or anyone else. He didn't care for Coach K but admitted he couldn't stand him but he was a great basketball coach and knew the game. He then said when we beat Wisc. in the championship game he got sick to his stomach. I told him I knew exactly how he felt because whenever UNC wins at anything whether it be basketball or women's wrestling I get sick on my stomach. No come back from him just a shake of his head and a smile. Bless his heart though Yeah folks I admit I got it bad when it comes to root for the Tar Heels in anything. I even pull against them when they have College Jeopardy and an UNC student is on there. OFC

Yeah, all the Heel fans, and UK fans keep saying it's all over when K leaves Duke. Sure, it is going to hurt big time, but Duke did pretty well before K got to Duke (Final Fours just no championships). Any program is going to see some type of drop off when a HOF coach leaves. But in the long run...Duke will be fine.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Coach K has elevated the program and the Duke brand to unbelievable heights, and it is now one of the five best jobs in the country. That, as much as anything, will be his legacy. The Duke name now rings out, and whoever is at the helm of that ship will have that cache that goes with it. There is no replacement for the best there ever was, but Duke is not going to fall off the map either.

So every time someone around here asks about Duke basketball, I still respond with "you mean the reigning national champion Duke University Blue Devils?". I still have a big smile on my face when I ask that question. NEVER GETS OLD!

Last edited:
I've watched the last 13 minutes way to much! That was the beginning of the Grayson show.

Yep. Got the DVD and just keep it in front of the tv. Try and watch that final 13 minutes 2 or 3 times a week. Watch the ones posted in the video thread from time to time too. What a season. Had a hole fan tell me that we ( Duke fans) were gonna be "disappointed" when the NCAA handed down their final ruling on unx. I pointed out that Duke just won the title , signed the nation's top class for the second year in a row , appeared to be on the verge of making it 3 times in a row , was in the midst of a 16-year domination of unx and the holes were mired in Year 5 of a massive cheating scandal that had tainted their entire athletic department. He was gonna have to choose a better word than "disappointed." Lulz.

How many times have you guys watched the championship game? Or at least the last 13 minutes?

I think I've re-watched the entire game once but I've watched the last 13 minutes probably at least 10 times.

How many times have you guys watched the championship game? Or at least the last 13 minutes?

I think I've re-watched the entire game once but I've watched the last 13 minutes probably at least 10 times.
Probably about the same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT