ADVERTISEMENT

Breakdown of CS Fullerton

Ha, I was there for Mercer.

I will say too, I was there for the first weekend in Charlotte in '15. Remember writing about how awesome their defense was against San Diego State in the 2nd round.

On one level it is frustrating as hell to not quite know which Duke team is going to show up. Will we be the team that rolled over UNC at UNC? Or the team that rolled over for UNC at Cameron.

On another level it adds a certain excitement for sure! Before UNC we were on a nice roll and playing with confidence. If we bring that confidence anything is possible. If we don't we could be sent home real early.

Reactions: timo0402 and Liftee
Every team in the Tournament has some redeeming qualities, but Fullerton appears to be worse than their 15 seed. According to the article, Fullerton's best win was against UC Santa Barbara and the worst loss was against UT Rio Grande Valley.

Every scholarship player for Duke should play at least 8 minutes against Fullerton

I feel good about our opening game. I think we overpower them, win the next game and cruise into the sweet 16. After that we will see. I think a week of practice will be good for this team.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanInNJ
All I want is keels to come off the bench for the entire tourney
It’s too late at this point to start Roach and expect him to run the point . Had he started this season from start to finish through better through worse we might be in better shape. You can’t keep fluctuating or tinkering with roles during the season and expect a player to play a certain role at the end of the season and be successful in order to win…..

It’s too late at this point to start Roach and expect him to run the point . Had he started this season from start to finish through better through worse we might be in better shape. You can’t keep fluctuating or tinkering with roles during the season and expect a player to play a certain role at the end of the season and be successful in order to win…..
Sure you can, you just do it. He’d be just fine doing it too. Bad example since we lost that year but coach k did it with kyrie. We play better with roach and keels is much better off the ball

Reactions: geddoughton23
Sure you can, you just do it. He’d be just fine doing it too. Bad example since we lost that year but coach k did it with kyrie. We play better with roach and keels is much better off the ball
I agree but roach isn’t a Kyrie . We’ll see . Maybe Mark can defend the high ball screen and Roach can run the point NOW lol

If we could have these guys for 4 years this would give us versatility in the future…but 1 year IMO you just have to go with what you start with and get guys comfortable in their roles…too much to learn

Example. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Mark on the perimeter defending ball screens ..It was a lot of games throughout his career we were asking wheres mark followed by it’s a bad match up or whatever…Now all of a sudden in the ACC championship game he’s supposed to succeed at it….just short sighted man….it costs us late in the season

Man Rutgers starts 3 seniors and a junior. I thought that didn't happen anymore?
Rutgers/Notre Dame goes to OT

Last edited:
If we could have these guys for 4 years this would give us versatility in the future…but 1 year IMO you just have to go with what you start with and get guys comfortable in their roles…too much to learn
Does keels being streaky in his role means he’s uncomfortable? Roach is still playing about 25 minutes a game I don’t see how moving him to the starting line up would change much in a “ role” he’s run the team through large stretches before. Keels knows how to work off the ball too. Probably won’t happen though because for whatever reason coach k sees keels as the best pg

Does keels being streaky in his role means he’s uncomfortable? Roach is still playing about 25 minutes a game I don’t see how moving him to the starting line up would change much in a “ role” he’s run the team through large stretches before. Keels knows how to work off the ball too. Probably won’t happen though because for whatever reason coach k sees keels as the best pg
Idk…idk what the hell to do lol. Most of our guys havnt had roles all year IMO. We need to get and stay hot is all I know!

Reactions: ioliva
Idk…idk what the hell to do lol. Most of our guys havnt had roles all year IMO. We need to get and stay hot is all I know!
Brilliant! I've watched 85% of Duke's games this season. I have no clue if there is a strategy . The defense actually looked pretty good three weeks ago. Recently, unc , Miami and Virginia Tech ran the most basic pick and roll game I've ever seen and there was no response. There are so many offensive weapons, but no cohesion. Just enough time for a solution. Fullerton is awful. Davidson and Michigan State are flawed. Should advance past this weekend, but then major adjustments are required

All adjustments should have been made this week of practice. I think we will know what to expect with this team tomorrow and Sunday.
It’s March. Past time for the lapses to stop.

Reactions: pisgah101
I really hope Duke looks at this Kentucky loss because it can happen to them if they play with the same emotion as the Virginia tech game

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT