ADVERTISEMENT

***ACC TOURNAMENT QUARTER-FINAL - DUKE VS NOTRE DAME OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Play who exactly? Pagliuca??? Sure lets bring him in to back up Grayson. Have you ever followed this team or just joined a few days ago??? Please enlighten the board on what Coach K is doing wrong and what in the hell you could do better. Please tell everyone!?!?!

Once again when Duke was up by 16 I would have sub in Jeter for Allen and gave him a breather. Jeter Plumlee Ingram Luke and Thornton would have played 2-3 minutes. I would have then brought Allen in to give Ingram a breather if he would have needed one. Allen was dead tired and you could tell in his shot.

not mentally ready

I don't agree with this at all. I just don't. He had no idea where the defender was when he was coming around the curl. If he could see what everyone else saw that the defender was further behind and couldn't have disrupted his normal shot I guarantee he would have taken a normal mid range jumper. But not mentally ready, I don't agree with that whatsoever.

Once again when Duke was up by 16 I would have sub in Jeter for Allen and gave him a breather. Jeter Plumlee Ingram Luke and Thornton would have played 2-3 minutes. I would have then brought Allen in to give Ingram a breather if he would have needed one. Allen was dead tired and you could tell in his shot.

But you're a great basketball mind. The rest of us, Coach K included, are just trying to soak in all your knowledge.

Hindsight is always 20/20. If K had done what you said and it failed you'd be ragging on him for something else. The bottom line is this....Duke smelled blood and had a chance to put ND away for good and didn't do it. If we make one or two shots at the beginning stages of their run we're probably talking about a rematch with UNC right now. But guess what? It didn't happen. We just so happened to play maybe our best and worst basketball of the season in the same game.

I watched the majority of the first half and missed the whole second half. I did get to see OT unfortunately. I remember the play in the first half where Ingram was lazy with the inbounds pass to Grayson and ND got the quick steal and scored. I thought then, I hope this doesn't come back to bite us. Unfortunately, it did. Hind sight is 20/20 and you can look back at any game and see numerous plays that are "what if" moments.

I don't agree with this at all. I just don't. He had no idea where the defender was when he was coming around the curl. If he could see what everyone else saw that the defender was further behind and couldn't have disrupted his normal shot I guarantee he would have taken a normal mid range jumper. But not mentally ready, I don't agree with that whatsoever.
You might be right, but he had the opportunity to get off a really good wide open elbow jumper. Instead, elected for a going left right hand shot. Reasons behind it I do not know for sure, but i'm sticking with mentally not sharp the entire game therefor he was throwing up a desperation shot instead of getting off a really good shot.

But you're a great basketball mind. The rest of us, Coach K included, are just trying to soak in all your knowledge.

Hindsight is always 20/20. If K had done what you said and it failed you'd be ragging on him for something else. The bottom line is this....Duke smelled blood and had a chance to put ND away for good and didn't do it. If we make one or two shots at the beginning stages of their run we're probably talking about a rematch with UNC right now. But guess what? It didn't happen. We just so happened to play maybe our best and worst basketball of the season in the same game.
Thanks for taking the words right outta my mouth. Couldn't have said it better myself

All I am saying is guys need a breather and Coach K should have found a way to give Allen a break. I mean a 2-3 minute break around the 12 minute mark would be huge down the stretch. Grayson Allen played 39 minutes against NC State then turned around in 24 hours and played 44 minutes. We all know that fatigue was a reason we lost, when the team was up he could have taken Allen out for a break and had a lineup of Plumlee, Ingram, Kennard Jones n Thornton out there. I am not second guessing Coach K or saying I am better than him just saying that you have to find a couple of chances to get your star players a little break. You can't play back to back games and expect someone to perform at a high level for 40 minutes in both games.

All I am saying is guys need a breather and Coach K should have found a way to give Allen a break. I mean a 2-3 minute break around the 12 minute mark would be huge down the stretch. Grayson Allen played 39 minutes against NC State then turned around in 24 hours and played 44 minutes. We all know that fatigue was a reason we lost, when the team was up he could have taken Allen out for a break and had a lineup of Plumlee, Ingram, Kennard Jones n Thornton out there. I am not second guessing Coach K or saying I am better than him just saying that you have to find a couple of chances to get your star players a little break. You can't play back to back games and expect someone to perform at a high level for 40 minutes in both games.
It's the duke way, K's way, and it works a lot. The best players are going to play large large large minutes. Duke shot terrible as a team, could it be fatigue, yeah it could. To me, the team as a whole got mentally weak, a few players specifically. Duke had the chance to put ND away then rest the players the last few minutes of the game. They didn't even come close to matching ND's intensity and the game went to OT and the rest is crap history. Couple shots go down and more importantly the bone head plays are eliminated and duke wins easily and looks real good going into UNC. Not the case. To me it shows the weakness of a team when your leaders are not the best players. When you have teams where the best players are also the leaders, you have something special. You also don't give up that big of a lead with 10 minutes to go.

Really loved listening to K in the presser praise and defend Grayson.
Agreed. G is a special player. Everyone outside the Duke family talked about how his explosion in the 2nd half of the NCAA championship was a fluke and he wasn't shit. Now they all are eating crow and hating Grayson with a passion because he my friend is the real freakin deal. What a Kid. Will never forget him. He is in my eyes what Duke basketball and Coaches program is all about. Heart Hustle and the will to win. When everyone at the ACCT hates on you, you my friend have become what Coach wants every one of his players to strive for. Excellence.

I hope Grayson plays 4 years just to irritate his haters. Sure he made some mistakes but he doesn't deserve all this backlash. There's not a coach or program in the country that wouldn't want him and that includes UNC. If he was on UNC's team they would be heavy favorites to win it all. OFC

Reactions: Dad2ze and tison31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT