ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting

Really tim? How come?

I guess I would've been but with Slater picking us I definitely wouldn't say I'd be surprised at this point.

I’m with @timo0402. Ziaire has made some serious connections with UNC and Stanford.

Not that we couldn’t make up the room, but I never have a good feeling when these recruitments shift from precursory to full on. Especially when the kid has already expressed possible leaders and the school misses out on other players at the same position (and that kid goes to the same high school).

Reactions: timo0402
He doesn't look good in black. No Duke player looks good in black. Why did they put him in black. It is not a Duke color. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: QC Dukie
Who is Tipton? I have never heard of him. And is he the one who made up the jerseys? In other words, does he know anything at all about this particular recruit?

Thanks for the link. I guess the bottom line is we should read nothing into the photos.

I would tend to agree with this, however, he's wearing # 1 in each other jersey but #23 in the UNC one and holding the jersey. Also, in two of the pictures, he's looking at ahead, UNC and Stanford, all others he's looking away. Just hope that UNC misses on him no matter where he goes.

Duke and K is looking to add 3 STUD wings to the 2020 class

One is a lock in Jalen Johnson and the other 2 are trending (Z. Williams and Kuming in a reclass)

Reactions: jwill133
Duke and K is looking to add 3 STUD wings to the 2020 class

One is a lock in Jalen Johnson and the other 2 are trending (Z. Williams and Kuming in a reclass)
Not saying Johnson, Williams, and Kuminga would be Zion, RJ, and Cam....but it would be the next closest thing and we would again be the most popular team in sports, not college basketball...sports.

Don’t leave out DJ Steward either. We want him and are still in the lead for him. He’s a huge possible pickup and could be a tremendous multi year guy. He’s no throw away.
247 does the comparisons and they compared him to Myles Powell. I know they aren’t very accurate and I’m not expecting him to be that good but just throwing that in there.

Reactions: dukehokie
247 does the comparisons and they compared him to Myles Powell. I know they aren’t very accurate and I’m not expecting him to be that good but just throwing that in there.

That’s not really off. Size and play style could be considered similar.

If we want a Duke comparison, I like Daniel Ewing. He’s definitely a shooting guard, not a combo. Same with Powell.

Possibly Henry Coleman too but if we were to get those 3 then i doubt he comes too.

Coleman is a must for this class, whether we get Kessler and Williams or not. This team needs some post depth and unless someone sticks around, we’ll need 3 post bodies in this class.

Roach, Z. Williams, Kuminga, Johnson, Kessler.

That would be obscene.

Let’s pretend Kuminga stays in 2021, as of today, I feel like Roach, Johnson, Kessler, Williams, Coleman and Steward are the class we see. I don’t think we get Ziaire, and I’m not banking on Kuminga coming in early.

With that in mind, in 2021, Duke is in high regard for AJ Griffin, Max Christie and Patrick Baldwin. Kuminga would overlap with Griffin and I don’t know if they’ll want to split time.

The Kuminga recruitment has been interesting because of how good he is, how quickly his stock has risen and Duke’s connection with him (his coach, Andy Borman). I’m excited to see what happens.

Reactions: LH24ND
By the time Kuminga lands in college, his strength will be ridiculous. Power dunks.

Probably so. I still don’t think we have offered him yet even though we are in his top 6, and with him announcing on September 14 is way too soon for Duke to be able to make up ground. Could be wrong though
Yep. Very confident he lands with Kentucky. I think we end up with kuminga and Baldwin tho so I’m more than fine with that.

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
Yep. Very confident he lands with Kentucky. I think we end up with kuminga and Baldwin tho so I’m more than fine with that.
I think he is reclassing, Clarke that is. Would have great to have him with Johnson and Roach!

Good gosh i love duke and i generally like all duke fans but Matt Giles is something else. His articles are badddd. And this is not good look at all. Gives duke fans a bad look.
Geez! I thought his other articles were generally well written for the most part, but this makes us look really really silly!

Geez! I thought his other articles were generally well written for the most part, but this makes us look really really silly!
All of his articles are so duke bias. Like I’m a bias duke fan but he’s just absurd with it. You can’t read his articles and take anything away from it because he has some stupid spin off on every story in favor of duke. Sometimes, especially as writers, you gotta be real. He’s a clown

Reactions: timo0402
All of his articles are so duke bias. Like I’m a bias duke fan but he’s just absurd with it. You can’t read his articles and take anything away from it because he has some stupid spin off on every story in favor of duke. Sometimes, especially as writers, you gotta be real. He’s a clown
On top of that, i read that tweet ten times and still couldn’t understand his point. If he was smart he’d delete the tweet and the stupid write up he did on his site. It’s quite frankly cringeworthy and embarrassing.

Reactions: Hurley22
I would take Williams over Kessler if we get those wings we want. We need a big man that can be dominant on defense and rebounding. Not a big man shooting threes. Williams can be that perfect complimentary piece.

I would take Williams over Kessler if we get those wings we want. We need a big man that can be dominant on defense and rebounding. Not a big man shooting threes. Williams can be that perfect complimentary piece.

Williams and Kessler are hardly mutually exclusive and Duke is recruiting them that way, as complements to each other.

Williams and Kessler are hardly mutually exclusive and Duke is recruiting them that way, as complements to each other.
I’ve heard auburn has made some ground up with Kessler and it’s a two horse race

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT