ADVERTISEMENT

2014-2015 = My favorite team (This made it official)

Mr Blue Devil

All American
Feb 9, 2007
I know we did not have Duke Blue Planet, social media, etc back in the days of the first 3 titles, but I loved watching the 2010 team off the court. You could feel and see this amazing chemistry. They easily became my favorite team.

I think this 2015 team surpasses that. What an amazing group, what amazing chemistry. I love seeing stuff like this!

This was a great team to root for. It went by too quick. Very hard not to love this team. Of course, it was hard not to love Scheyer, Singler, Smith and co. cutting down the nets too.

Why did DBP (or whomever) remove that post-game highlight vid from the title game? Not talkin' about the one with the music an' all. There was one with highlights and a good bit of post-game locker room footage. Some of that footage was in the vid linked in this thread. I remember when it was first posted , some people wanted to know what song the guys were rapping/singing/dancing to etc. Anyway , it's gone. Wassup?

I spent most of 3 years being down on Quinn Cook; the way he grew up and became a man this year was a beautiful thing to witness. His redemption and leadership are what define this season for me.

There are uniquely special things about each of Duke's 5 title teams. I generally find that each subsequent one gets better because it builds on everything that came before it.

I spent most of 3 years being down on Quinn Cook; the way he grew up and became a man this year was a beautiful thing to witness. His redemption and leadership are what define this season for me.

There are uniquely special things about each of Duke's 5 title teams. I generally find that each subsequent one gets better because it builds on everything that came before it.

I think one of the reasons this team won the championship was Cook and Jefferson being the leaders for the young guys to look up to. MP3's energy rubbed off on the team in some big games.

Welcome back, Dat.

Reactions: Dattier
2010 still trumps for me. I remember being in high school and CONSTANTLY getting slammed for Zoubek, Jon, Lance and just how pathetic our teams were and how embarrassing our early NCAAT losses were. All those tough losses to UNC. Those boys absorbed an unreal amount of criticism, just UNREAL. So to watch them go out on top of the world and prove everybody wrong was truly one of the best feelings. Plus it was the first national (for duke) I watched. That team also had Kyle and Kyle is probably my second favorite Duke player of all time behind Duhon. Duhon is the reason I became a duke fan.

Gosh what I would give for one more year of Kyle.

2010 still trumps for me. I remember being in high school and CONSTANTLY getting slammed for Zoubek, Jon, Lance and just how pathetic our teams were and how embarrassing our early NCAAT losses were. All those tough losses to UNC. Those boys absorbed an unreal amount of criticism, just UNREAL. So to watch them go out on top of the world and prove everybody wrong was truly one of the best feelings. Plus it was the first national (for duke) I watched. That team also had Kyle and Kyle is probably my second favorite Duke player of all time behind Duhon. Duhon is the reason I became a duke fan.

Gosh what I would give for one more year of Kyle.
Yeah, the crowning glory for 3 seniors in 2010 represents more obstacles overcome and hardships endured than what Quinn experienced as the lone senior this year. It is also the least likely of title teams wrt the ready-made NBA talent, and somewhat of a last hurrah (owing part to Butler, too) for old-fashioned, stick-around-and-develop seniors in an increasingly OAD environment. No other year can touch 2010 for that.

What makes 2015 an extension from that is that it's make-up is so very, very different, dominated by freshman NBA talent. 2010 was its own story w/ its own narrative arc and happy ending, but 5 years removed it's now prelude to 2015's story, the incredible contrast that shows K's brilliance and adaptability. Like flavor combinations -- sweet and sour, salted caramel, etc -- the addition of the second elevates the whole.

Reactions: dbav
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT