ADVERTISEMENT

One thing you love about THIS Duke team

Yeah, 10 loss season or more imminent. Can’t win on the road in the ACC will get them down to a #6 seed at best. All they can do is try to improve.

My guess would be 7-9 losses. That would get us to the dance, probably a 5-8 seed. Too many moving parts at the moment to tell. Get Roach, Whitehead and Lively healthy and win our next 2 games. We did beat 2 tournament teams, maybe 3 if Xavier makes it. Jon needs to keep up their confidence. I do think we need to spilt with UNC/and/or Virginia to get a few more quality wins. We can't go 0-4 against those 2. Miami is looking like a top 25 team.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
My guess would be 7-9 losses. That would get us to the dance, probably a 5-8 seed. Too many moving parts at the moment to tell. Get Roach, Whitehead and Lively healthy and win our next 2 games. We did beat 2 tournament teams, maybe 3 if Xavier makes it. Jon needs to keep up their confidence. I do think we need to spilt with UNC/and/or Virginia to get a few more quality wins. We can't go 0-4 against those 2. Miami is looking like a top 25 team.
Unfortunately I think we only play away against UVA.

Reactions: christophero
Unfortunately I think we only play away against UVA.
Then that's likely penciled in as a loss. In that case, a 2-3 vs UVA, MIA and The Cheaters becomes a Must. 'Canes are tough, and a split vs them would help. OFC

Sky I wish I thought we BELONGED that high. Oh well.

OFC
Well I'm not complaing about it. I thought we may have fallen past twenty but still in the top twenty five. No way are there 68 better teams than we are in the country. You know me hart and I try to be positive and look to the upside. I feel we can win the natty every year because that is just me. Of course we haven't won and never will win the natty every year but with some of our posters here when we do lose they know how we could have won the game. With that said if they were coaching we would never lose and since we would never lose we would win the natty every year. Makes sense right? But I'm just an old fart who doesn't know jack squat ( how long has it been since you heard that term?) about the game but I am what I am and not about to change. OFC

Last edited:
I was surprised we only dropped to 17. I figured we'd be around 25. Jon's gonna feel the heat if we lose to FSU. But I doubt we do. We're at home, and should have all our guys back. Really need to beat a 4-10 team at Cameron. The road games at Clemson and at NC State will be tough. Winning 2 out of 3 would be good.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Well I'm not complaing about it. I thought we may have fallen past twenty but still in the top twenty five. No way are there 68 better teams than we are in the country. You know me hart and I try to be positive and look to the upside. I feel we can win the natty every year because that is just me. Of course we haven't won and never will win the natty every year but with some of our posters here when we do lose they know how we could have one the game. With that said if they were coaching we would never lose and since we would never lose we would win the natty every year. Makes sense right? But I'm just an old fart who doesn't know jack squat ( how lonh has it been since you heard that term?) and the game but I am what I am and not about to change. OFC
Don't EVER change my friend! That's what makes you Sky!!! I will never give up on a Duke team either!! OFC

Way too early to even estimate seeding two days after Christmas. I agree with Sky, no way there are 68 teams better than Duke. Just two games ago we stated five freshman so it shouldn't surprise anyone when we take multiple bumps along the ride.

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
No there isn’t 68 teams better then Duke. We just need to stay healthy and figure out a working offense

Reactions: JimboSlice00
There will always be more action when we lose than when we win- captain obvious.

More practical, saying there are 68 teams better or not isn’t even accurate. That’s not how the tournament is selected. You’re basically in a scrum of 30ish other teams that you have to beat out to be an at large if we don’t win the ACCT. So basically if you’re going to use that argument, at least do it right haha

Reactions: christophero
There will always be more action when we lose than when we win- captain obvious.

More practical, saying there are 68 teams better or not isn’t even accurate. That’s not how the tournament is selected. You’re basically in a scrum of 30ish other teams that you have to beat out to be an at large if we don’t win the ACCT. So basically if you’re going to use that argument, at least do it right haha
Wasn't an argument and I'm aware how teams are selected. My point was no need to overreact two games into conference play. Very broad point of aside from the automatic bids that will occur from conference championships- I don't think we should worry about these things at this point in time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT