we beat them in 2001 and went to the Sweet 16

we beat them in 2012 and went to the Elite 8

we beat them in 2018 and went to the Elite 8

So, that’s:
1 Runner Up
2 Final Fours
4 Elite 8’s
5 Sweet 16’s

it’s crazy cause 2001 sticks out like a sore thumb as that Duke team was the defending National champions and if Jay Williams hit his free throws, all 5 of K’s wins vs. UK in the regular season would have resulted in an Elite 8 or better.

If K reaches the Elite 8, he will have won exactly 100 NCAA Tournament games. History seems to be on his side, but I thought it was interesting to see how those games were a predictor for the post season. He’s never won a title in the season he beat UK in the regular season (so hopefully he can buck that trend). Ironically, he beat UK in the ‘92 Elite 8 for his second title.

If we hadn't had guys cramping up we would have won by 20. Although the question is why were we cramping up? I've never seen Moore cramp up so maybe a fluke thing.
I don't mean to derail the OP. Interesting stats for sure.....but......

I swear I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I contend something funky happened the other night. These are 18-21 year olds in top physical shape. They have the best medical staff in the country behind the bench. It wasn't like guys were cramping up in double overtime after playing 48 minutes. Multiple guys were cramping up 5 minutes into the second half. That makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Reactions: christophero
I don't mean to derail the OP. Interesting stats for sure.....but......

I swear I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I contend something funky happened the other night. These are 18-21 year olds in top physical shape. They have the best medical staff in the country behind the bench. It wasn't like guys were cramping up in double overtime after playing 48 minutes. Multiple guys were cramping up 5 minutes into the second half. That makes no sense whatsoever to me.

very unusual, but the only thing I can think of is the secret scrimmage is the culprit. First time doing it; first time cramping in the first games. Coincidence? I think not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT