ADVERTISEMENT

Zion

They wanted him to be the next larger than life NBA star like MJ, Shaq. With Lebron in his twilight and Curry soon to follow the NBA is in dire need of a new generation of superstar. It’s telling that Shaq who’s been retired forever is in more commercials than any active player best I can tell. Tatum is a great young star, but not sure if he’s a household name yet.
If Zion doesn’t keep his weight under control it will put more strain on his ankles, knees, and back possibly shortening his career Not throwing shade, just want him to reach his full potential
That’s ,” They!” Not him . Didn’t once hear Zion say he wanted to be the face of the NBA . One would say the French Kid is the next face of the NBA the way he’s been hyped or even Luka or Tatum .
I’m sorry but I keep hearing how analyst and fans want him to reach his full potential. Haven’t heard not one person say what Zion wants .
That would be like me asking can we get Bryce Young’s money back for his contract with the panthers .

Well he got that huge contract with the hope he would reach that full potential; so I think it is a fair question if he's not because of something he can control. he's in the big leagues now he's not 18. Of course I wish him the best; but he's had plenty of chances. My guess is the injuries will start to accumulate, but he's a Dukie I'm pulling for the guy.

Well he got that huge contract with the hope he would reach that full potential; so I think it is a fair question if he's not because of something he can control. he's in the big leagues now he's not 18. Of course I wish him the best; but he's had plenty of chances. My guess is the injuries will start to accumulate, but he's a Dukie I'm pulling for the guy.
Sorry on this one Chris but he got the huge contract and agreed to it because New Orleans didn’t want to be left empty handed.
As far as plenty of chances goes he’s still producing . Don’t get the weight issue either because Ingram has missed plenty of games with injury and he’s still thin .
He could have turned down the max easily but New Orleans promised him to build around him and Ingram and I don’t see them keeping their end up . CJ McCullum has stayed injured since arriving there as well.
A lot miss the fact that his coaching staff has changed three times and his core group .
Some need to get over the fact that Zion plays his own race and not what people want ! The Pelicans could easily fine him or sit him with out pay if he didn’t live up to his contract . Have they done it yet ? What about the weight clause being reported he has ? Has he been fined for it ? If he signed the clause he’s liable for it . If he’s not living up to his contract he can be docked pay . Haven’t heard any of that being reported like KI was his last season with the nets . I’m just wondering why everyone is wanting Zion to be what THEY want . Kids still playing and putting up numbers but because they wanted him to show out Lebron James and he didn’t he’s not ! I mean come on if the Pelicans had a leg to stand on he’d be sitting with out pay . They don’t .

Zion isn't alone in being a professional athlete that doesn't do certain things a professional athlete should do to keep their body in peak condition. He's just such an unbelievable athlete and unique talent, that no one wants to miss a second of greatness from him.

No one gave a shit when Oliver Miller was such a fat slob he couldn't make it up the court twice before needing to sit. Zion is just different, in a good way.

30 when you lived . At 23 he’s still a young man four years removed from 19 and two years removed from being able to buy alcohol at 21 .
It's good to know you're the grand decider on when someone has "lived" enough to have gained experience in life.

It's good to know you're the grand decider on when someone has "lived" enough to have gained experience in life.
It’s glad to know you think a 23 year old has lived ! I have a 24 year old son and I still think he’s stuck in high school! I was 23 years old once as were you and if you tell me now you were thinking about being the face of your occupation I call BS! And that’s coming from some one who has two grandchildren, three kids, house is paid for and owns three vehicles and a boat at 41 !
He’s 23 what in the world could he have possibly experienced since basketball has been his entire life basically? Now he’s got the money to do as he wants and weather anyone likes it or not he’s still producing in his professional career ! He simply went to the same team that saw Anthony Davis and Chris Paul NEVER put together a championship roster around them and maybe he’s realizing what they should have which is money ain’t everything if your not getting help around you .

Last edited:
It’s glad to know you think a 23 year old has lived ! I have a 24 year old son and I still think he’s stuck in high school! I was 23 years old once as were you and if you tell me now you were thinking about being the face of your occupation I call BS! And that’s coming from some one who has two grandchildren, three kids, house is paid for and owns three vehicles and a boat at 41 !
He’s 23 what in the world could he have possibly experienced since basketball has been his entire life basically? Now he’s got the money to do as he wants and weather anyone likes it or not he’s still producing in his professional career ! He simply went to the same team that saw Anthony Davis and Chris Paul NEVER put together a championship roster around them and maybe he’s realizing what they should have which is money ain’t everything if your not getting help around you .
Haha, dude, come on with this take. You never know another person's experience. Age and maturity don't always go hand in hand. My brother is in his 30s and acts like a teenager. On the flip side, my 19-year-old niece has her shit together better than most 40-year-olds I know.

Haha, dude, come on with this take. You never know another person's experience. Age and maturity don't always go hand in hand. My brother is in his 30s and acts like a teenager. On the flip side, my 19-year-old niece has her shit together better than most 40-year-olds I know.
I agree with this everyone is different. I have a friend in the hall of Fame for drag racing. He was asked how he was so successful and his answer was I only worry about myself and what I can control not concerned about the car I'm running. If Zion stays healthy and takes care of what he can control maybe he gets traded to a team that can be competitive. His career will be on the down side at 30 years old. If he were a Doctor or Engineer he would be on the upswing at 30.

He’s from Spartanburg , he’s been on every social media account here in NC since he was 14 . You simply want the kid to be what you want him to be an expect and by all accounts even out his own mouth, he’s running his own race . And if that’s not up to your standard or anyone else’s . I don’t think he gives two cents !

Reactions: Fourteen44
He’s from Spartanburg , he’s been on every social media account here in NC since he was 14 . You simply want the kid to be what you want him to be an expect and by all accounts even out his own mouth, he’s running his own race . And if that’s not up to your standard or anyone else’s . I don’t think he gives two cents !
Dude I see your point - some here think their scale and/or pace is what matters, not what the person they’re trying to tear down is living through. And 23 years old…..that’s still so young in todays environment.

Reactions: sheyduke
Yeah he is. That's kind of the point I was trying to make. How do you know if he has experienced enough or what his maturity level is? You can't base it off of his age. It's his experience. But let's keep talking in circles. Please.

I remember when he was under Van Gundy and his inner circle was demanding he be traded ( not Zion ) I even think it was his step dad and Zion came out and said it had nothing to with him what was being reported . I think the kid simply doesn’t care to be in the lime light he simply just wants to play basketball which by all accounts he’s still doing and producing.

Reactions: Fourteen44
Most normal people understood that.
Wow, right over your head. No surprised. Guess it’s time for another blabbering podcast.

Here’s the part where you ban me, you know because you can take personal shots but can’t take them 😊

Literally the point I was making. Wtf
Was it?

You realize you tried to refute Shey…..all while reinforcing what he said? Yikes. The attempted wheel-spinning after that was funny, though.

Don’t waste keystrokes replying - I’ll go ahead and block you. Your consistent whining and sensitivity has grown old. Cheers.

Last edited:
At the end of the day it’s Zions life to live . I enjoy watching him play but hopefully he will wise up and leave the pelicans before it’s too late .

At the end of the day it’s Zions life to live . I enjoy watching him play but hopefully he will wise up and leave the pelicans before it’s too late .
i think the pelicans have a pretty good roster

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT