ADVERTISEMENT

Wojo out at Marquette

Cause Marquette has a long history of winning Natties

Goodman is reporting Shaka Smart to Marquette. If true I wonder who Texas gets? Fans on the Texas board seem pretty happy and think Beard may take the job. Sounds like a win-win if Texas gets Beard.

Last edited:
Shaka leaving UT for Marquette is a strange choice, unless he saw the writing on the wall and jumped before they let him go. The facilities and the talent you can attract at UT are far better than the prospects at Marquette....Lifestyle in Austin vs Milwaukee ...no brainer.

Reactions: christophero
I checked the Texas board and the general feeling is he was going to be fired. The loss to a smaller Texas school in the first round was the clincher. It would be like us losing to UNC Ashville. (Would have been painful but I'd still rather be in the tourney. )

Shaka Smart has a style that is more suited to VCU or Marquette or Wichita State. He likes recruiting wings who drive and dish, and play defense. He wants to play close games and win at the end. He prefers toughness to elite talent. It's really admirable, but not the best strategy at Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT