ADVERTISEMENT

Wojo and Ricky Price's last home game.

The first game I attended at Cameron was the game before this. It was against UCLA and Duke won 120-84. UNC lost the day before when they were ranked #1 so we would move up to #1. With that game being a blow out, of course th GTHC, GTH chant started and lasted for about 20 minutes. I still get chills.

Damn we had a good team that year. Forgot how loaded we were. Remember the game very well.

This is one of my favorite games in the rivalry. I can remember watching this game with my brothers who are huge Carolina fans. I endured just an awful amount of grief during this game until Duke came back. And I unloaded!

Little did Ricky Price know that his last meaningful game as a Dookie was as a Freshman.

Thought it might be nice to mention that my best buddy got Tix from his uncle, Howard Hurt, for him and his family for the game last night, and he's a huge Tarhole fan(Really just doesn't seem right that he got to go and I've never even made it to a Duke/UNC game, grrrrrrrrr.)

Anyways, he said right to his right were Trajon Langdon, Laettner, Melchionni, Jabari AND RICKY PRICE!!

Thought it was awesome that he's still around the program. He'll forever be known as the most 'what could have been' player we've ever had. Still to this day he MAY have had the quickest and most explosive first step of any Duke player ever.

Seriously, for any of you guys that are like, who was Ricky Price, please go find some old highlights of him. What could have been?

But my boy was reeling off players left and right that were there. Duke is an incredible family, all players talk like they are still on the team. Love it!!

This post was edited on 2/19 11:37 AM by shicashicu

Wojo and Roshown McLeod were the big seniors on that team. Price was academically ineligible the first semester and barely played during the second semester.

Price was third-team All-ACC as a sophomore (1996) and his buzzer-beater at College Park put Duke in the NCAAs.

But he regressed as a junior and his relative absence was a blip on the radar screen the following season.

I thought he had a long NBA career ahead of him. An intriguing might-have-been.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT