ADVERTISEMENT

Will the NBA resume?

I did not see that coming, but I think Miami used everything they had to get to this point. They just don't look like they have much left, Butler in particular.

Reactions: christophero
After tonight, I can buy LeBron being considered above the likes of Duncan, Shaq or Kobe. Even though the Title was rather interesting, the best players he defeated were Harden, Jokic and Butler?

NBA might be forced to implement some major rule changes to increase viewer interest, so we will see how LeBron transitions. Commissioner Silver already announced changes to the product off the court.

I think that what is remarkable in regards to Lebron is the longevity. This guy has basically been operating at his prime, and as the first or second best player in the league, for 16 straight years. That is insane.

Not a fan of Lebron at all for a multitude of reasons but strictly as a basketball player, what he’s done in terms of longevity is remarkable. I still have him #3 all time behind Jordan/Kareem and just ahead of Magic/Wilt/Bird but he’s definitely in the conversation now.

Reactions: christophero
And the Lakers are the favorites for next year as well.

And what I think is good about that, for the league as a whole, is that they aren't way out in front of anybody like those Durant Warriors teams when everything was really a forgone conclusion barring injury. There are multiple other teams that should be right there - including a healthy Warriors team with the addition of whatever they can get for that #2 pick to go with what they have already.

I don't know what roster changes the Lakers can make. I think KCP is a free agent, but they should also get Avery Bradley back, which is probably an upgrade there or at least a wash. They would really benefit from another shooter - imagine if they had a Duncan Robinson type with the attention that Lebron and AD get.

And what I think is good about that, for the league as a whole, is that they aren't way out in front of anybody like those Durant Warriors teams when everything was really a forgone conclusion barring injury. There are multiple other teams that should be right there - including a healthy Warriors team with the addition of whatever they can get for that #2 pick to go with what they have already.

I don't know what roster changes the Lakers can make. I think KCP is a free agent, but they should also get Avery Bradley back, which is probably an upgrade there or at least a wash. They would really benefit from another shooter - imagine if they had a Duncan Robinson type with the attention that Lebron and AD get.
Next year should be awesome again, there should be 6-8 teams with a chance to win the title. The Warriors will be back and healthy (plus have some trade assets for another star), the Nets have KD and Kyrie, and the Clippers I expect to not choke again.

There should be little free agent movement, due to lack of big time free agents this year but also teams scared to sign guys to big-time deals with the lack of information on what the salary cap could become due to Covid. This should help the Lakers honestly, because they don't have the room to sign anyone and there only young asset is Kuzma, who wasn't great in the Bubble.

Reactions: HuffyJB
Next year should be awesome again, there should be 6-8 teams with a chance to win the title. The Warriors will be back and healthy (plus have some trade assets for another star), the Nets have KD and Kyrie, and the Clippers I expect to not choke again.

There should be little free agent movement, due to lack of big time free agents this year but also teams scared to sign guys to big-time deals with the lack of information on what the salary cap could become due to Covid. This should help the Lakers honestly, because they don't have the room to sign anyone and there only young asset is Kuzma, who wasn't great in the Bubble.

I don't think the pieces fit well, but I am curious to see what Doc can get out of that Simmons/Embiid combo, and whether or not he can find a way to maximize them.

Reactions: jwill133
I don't think the pieces fit well, but I am curious to see what Doc can get out of that Simmons/Embiid combo, and whether or not he can find a way to maximize them.
I think the Sixers will improve and won't be the joke that they were this year. But Simmons/Embiid just don't fit well together. Neither is a great shooter and in 2020 that's a massive problem. They are both young and could still improve, but time is ticking and it may be time to explore trading 1 of them for some support pieces (shooting.)
Also the Sixers main problem is they are paying Horford and Tobias Harris an insane amount of money and Horford is washed with Harris being an average starter at best. Those contracts are TERRIBLE.

There was a rumor floating around (before Doc took the job) that D'Antoni was gonna coach the Sixers and a possible trade would be Harden for Embiid. Sixers get Harden to pair with Simmons. Rockets grab Embiid (5 years younger than Harden) and can start planning for the future because they have no other way to improve their roster and they aren't winning the West the way they currently are. This would be a lot of fun even though it's not happening now.

Next season will start late. Hopefully the length of the regular season will be reduced by at least six weeks. The regular season lasts too long to keep my interest

There was a rumor floating around (before Doc took the job) that D'Antoni was gonna coach the Sixers and a possible trade would be Harden for Embiid. Sixers get Harden to pair with Simmons. Rockets grab Embiid (5 years younger than Harden) and can start planning for the future because they have no other way to improve their roster and they aren't winning the West the way they currently are. This would be a lot of fun even though it's not happening now.

Wow, that would have been interesting. I know, particularly with a new coach, they are going to give him time to see if these assets they already possess can function together, so I seriously doubt they make any moves any time soon.

Another team that really intrigues me for next year is Denver. They have two legit All-stars who do seem to play well together, and Porter showed some real flashes in the bubble. Injuries have derailed his trajectory, but there was a time when he was the #1 player in his class. If he can continue to evolve and be a reliable guy for Denver, they are going to be tough.

Another team that really intrigues me for next year is Denver. They have two legit All-stars who do seem to play well together, and Porter showed some real flashes in the bubble. Injuries have derailed his trajectory, but there was a time when he was the #1 player in his class. If he can continue to evolve and be a reliable guy for Denver, they are going to be tough.
Not only could Porter possibly develop into a superstar, he could be traded for a star. Considering the Nuggets are in "win-now" mode with Jokic and Murray, they may not want to wait on Porter JR to develop. He could possibly be traded for Brad Beal or Jrue Holiday are the rumors. The Nuggets are 1 piece away IMO from being true title contenders.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT