ADVERTISEMENT

Will the NBA resume?

Ask Kyrie. He knows everything. He doesn't have to worry about the safety of the players (himself), all he has to do is run up and down the court once and hurt his wittle toe and then he will get paid full salary.
OFC

Reactions: Hollawn
Ask Kyrie. He knows everything. He doesn't have to worry about the safety of the players (himself), all he has to do is run up and down the court once and hurt his wittle toe and then he will get paid full salary.
OFC

Will, agree I am not a Kyrie fan. His ego is simply too much for me. Personally I also reiterate my view Rivers plan is better. Its much more PROACTIVE, and sports is generally thought to unify everyone and promote a healthy environment.

OFC

Reactions: Willcampbell
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I could not possibly care less about the NBA. It s....s.
OFC

Will I am right there with you generally on that point. At this point, I would just like to see some. LIVE sports.....However I would prefer baseball, and doesnt look like thats going to happen. OFC

22 teams is ridiculous!!! It should be 12. The top 2 in both conferences get byes. They only expanded to 22 to get Zion in the mix. Kyrie needs meditation and a hypnotist. He's rich and he has a title, but for some reason he is not happy

Reactions: hart2chesson
22 teams is ridiculous!!! It should be 12. The top 2 in both conferences get byes. They only expanded to 22 to get Zion in the mix. Kyrie needs meditation and a hypnotist. He's rich and he has a title, but for some reason he is not happy

Ged you are spot-on. Zion will be a surefire ratings bump, and I agree Kyrie is not happy. I applaud his efforts to honor the BLM movement by proposing a sit-outl.However I cant help but wonder too if part of his proposal is so Kyrie can get more time off....He has become much more self-centered IMO last few years.....OFC

OFC

I've been getting my Basketball fix watching old games on Youtube and playing NBA2K20

The NBA will definitely be back. I think they will use their platform to promote social justice and do it very effectively. These games starting end of July are gonna get a MASSIVE rating. All of the stars will be playing, it's gonna be very interesting.

The way the NBA has handled everything with getting play resumed and taking into account every single aspect of what could happen with the possibility of a second wave coming is 98673764664322 times better than the way baseball has handled things. Baseball is nothing but a bunch of petty owners who are too cheap to lose some money this year even though everyone else is losing money.

Last edited:
The NBA will definitely be back. I think they will use their platform to promote social justice and do it very effectively. These games starting end of July are gonna get a MASSIVE rating. All of the stars will be playing, it's gonna be very interesting.

The way the NBA has handled everything with getting play resumed and taking into account every single aspect of what could happen with the possibility of a second wave coming is 98673764664322 times better than the way baseball has handled things. Baseball is nothing but a bunch of petty owners who are too cheap to lose some money this year even though everyone else is losing money.

So the MLB players greed has no hand in that? What they offered the players was pretty damn fair imo.

Reactions: Mac9192
The players and owners should have agreed upon an Arbitrator six weeks ago. It would be simple to construct a scheme in which both sides would make much more money than if they cancelled the season. Play 72 regular season games and expand the playoffs to 16 teams and we are all satisfied

Personally I really cant see any team sports being played this year.Too much close contact,13 Texas Longhorn football players already tested positive for Covid 19,Dallas Cowboys and Houston Texans already have players testing positive.I hope I'm wrong,but its not looking good I.M.O.

Personally I really cant see any team sports being played this year.Too much close contact,13 Texas Longhorn football players already tested positive for Covid 19,Dallas Cowboys and Houston Texans already have players testing positive.I hope I'm wrong,but its not looking good I.M.O.
Testing positive is not an issue. They’re athletes. They’re fine.

Testing positive is not an issue. They’re athletes. They’re fine.
I hope you right,Baseball I can see because they stand so far apart while playing,Football,basketball,hockey I'm not so sure because of the close physical contact,but again,i hope your right and I'm wrong,i'm missing my sports!

After watching Last Chance during this lockdown, I appreciate the old NBA even more and have no desire to watch the current version that is a parody of the Jordan NBA days...

they will resume but what happens when a few players get the virus? Will they shut back down?

At this point CD, I agree with you..OFC

Reactions: Canadian Dukie
My gut tells me we’ll have sports, but it won’t be the same way we have been accustomed to. I’m having a hard time seeing Cameron packed this upcoming season.
We don’t even know what our local school systems are going to do, and schools start in 2 months.
Everything is just so upside down right now, like we’re living in a foreign country.

Last edited:
My gut tells me we’ll have sports, but it won’t be the same way we have been accustomed to. I’m having a hard time seeing Cameron packed this upcoming season.
We don’t even know what our local school systems are going to do, and schools start in 2 months.
Everything is just so upside down right now, like we’re living in a foreign country.
Actually,i am living in a foreign country!:p

All, or most of them, are completely asymptomatic, just a heads up. They’re being tested every week right now - if we tested all 337M people in America since the beginning, I’d forecast at least 80M would be or have been positive. Just a thought.

Also most overlook the fecal/oral route of transmission, a big reason for spread, and that’s going to happen in locker rooms, it just is unfortunately.

For anyone who likes to read/learn, read this below. A non-political stance on covid that makes some points that haven’t, or can’t be, refuted. Long read but interesting:

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=239530

Last edited:
I’ve thought all along that the NBA and NHL should have just scrapped their seasons and moved on already.

I’d like to see football this fall, although it seems incredibly unlikely at this point.

MLB finally got something done tonight.

Reactions: skysdad
I’ve thought all along that the NBA and NHL should have just scrapped their seasons and moved on already.

I’d like to see football this fall, although it seems incredibly unlikely at this point.

MLB finally got something done tonight.
The NBA really wants lebron to get another ring. They’ll do every thing they can to give him that chance.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Paranoid much?
Paranoid of what? Just stating something that’s obviously in Adam Silvers best interest. The social justice (except Hong Kong) “king” bringS home a title to the lakers the year kobe dies and civil unrest is at the center of every national news story.

Last edited:
I hope there is a documentary made one day with footage of all these players living right next to each other for the playoff run. It would be fascinating.

Reactions: TheDude1
I'm starting to get a bit worried that the season may never come back. Apparently there have more guys test positive than what has been reported in the media.

I hope there is a documentary made one day with footage of all these players living right next to each other for the playoff run. It would be fascinating.
i’ve been saying this since I first heard about this… What an awesome show that would be.

And by the way, this can be serious, even for people in good shape. I have a friend, my oldest friend, 40-year-old marathon runner, he was in the hospital for two weeks and on a ventilator for six days because of this. it’s certainly less risky for younger in shape people, but you never know.

I'm starting to get a bit worried that the season may never come back. Apparently there have more guys test positive than what has been reported in the media.

I don’t see how if one guy testing positive shut it all down before, they can get going again with all the positives that have come out already. There also isn’t a worse possible state to be doing this in than Florida.

I don't see it happening. No way that players can stay quarantined for the entire season and 14 days after that. The danger is not only to them but their families and everyone they come into contact with. That's why I think leagues and schools shut down when the virus starts spreading.

Heard today on a Sports network Zion down to 270 and in terrific shape. Will enjoy seeing that if they get to play.

Nuggets acting like they've never been there before and complaining about the calls. This might be a short series. Heat vs. Lakers would be a good series, although the Celtics can still get back in it. I'd like to see Lakers Celtics. Didn't see another NBA thread so I bumped this. Do we really not have one NBA playoff thread? Man this board is dead lately. :)

Last edited:
Nuggets acting like they've never been there before and complaining about the calls. This might be a short series. Heat vs. Lakers would be a good series, although the Celtics can still get back in it. I'd like to see Lakers Celtics. Didn't see another NBA thread so I bumped this. Do we really not have one NBA playoff thread? Man this board is dead lately. :)
I admit to being away since the ACCT got cancelled. Still have a bad taste in my mouth that of all the seasons that were ruined prematurely, it was the one where Duke had the stud PG, best odds to win a title, and swept the dumpster fire known as UNC .... who couldn't even make the NIT!! Anyways, I focus all my energy on Duke once the Miami Heat are eliminated---which usually happens in April-May, giving me months of prep before the Champs Classic. Not this year! I'm thinking Lakers in 7.

Reactions: christophero
I think the Lakers in 6. They will have the best two players on the floor every night, and while LA is not an elite shooting team, I think they'll be harder to zone consistently with AD or Lebron in the middle as playmakers. But Miami is hard to guard. They have such balance, there really is no defensive focal point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT