ADVERTISEMENT

Who are your favorite 5 NBA players that are not former Duke players.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
I'm not an NBA guy but back a few years ago I followed it right much. Trying to get back into it with so many Dukies playing now. Having a very difficult time picking a favorite team and even if the Hornets are based out of my home state I just can't root for them. Anyway here's mine and of course most are old school.

Julius Irving. Loved his talent and class
Moses Malone Fo, fo, fo and fo. Such a hard worker and the most under rated center ever IMO.
Larry Bird Awesome, awesome awesome.
Pete Maravich What a thrill. Who cares if he couldn't play D. Left us way too soon.
Mugsy Bouges 5 foot 4. and a problem for anyone who had to guard him. OFC

Last edited:
This wasn't easy, so I kind of just named the first 5 that came to mind that I enjoyed watching when I watched the NBA regularly as a kid

Michael Jordan
Scottie Pippen
Muggsy Bogues
Spudd Webb
Larry Bird

Pistol Pete
Tim Duncan
John Stockton
John Havlichek
Walt Frazier

Barkley holds the top spot for me. Also a big fan of KG. I was bummed when he left but I can understand why he did.

I really enjoy watching Steph Curry play the game. He's just so smooth and effortless. And John Stockton was a thing of beauty in a kind of ugly sort of way. Maybe the best PG to ever play.

The last guy on my list is Larry Bird. For the young posters who didn't get to see him in his prime they missed a special, special player.

Charles Barkley - My all-time favorite athlete.
Julius Erving - The whole reason I became a. basketball fan.
Kobe Bryant - The only reason I pull for the. Lakers.
Isiah Thomas - Tough as nails!
Thunder Dan Majerle! - Enough said!

Penny Hardaway - mainly because of Lil Penny
Kobe Bryant - I wanted him to surpass Jordan's title count
Kevin Durant - Really like his game
Steph Curry - Really like his game
Gary Payton - I liked those old Supersonics teams

Larry Bird
Magic Johnson
Steve Nash
Steph Curry
Brad Davis

Honorable mention:
John Stockton
LeBron James

After rethinking I've decided its just impossible to name just 5. I forgot Scotty Pippen and Muggsy and Doctor J, Earl the Pearl and Bobby Jones and Karl Malone. Just so many I have forgotten and there are way to many I have enjoyed watching over the years. Not sure I could name a top 25.

Pistol Pete- favorite non-dukie read his bio love all things pistol Larry Bird- a legend and one of the best to ever play the game. Chris Paul- great PG is from Nc and I liked watching him at wake. Charles Barkley- I love the personality as much as his game lastly either Duncan or Shaq

Jerry West
Michael Jordan
John Havlicek
Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
Also, will never forget "Pistol Pete" Maravich, in both College & Pro.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Everyone loved Bird and/or Magic including me, but I always liked the Chief as a child. He let his game do the talking and was double zero.

I like watching John Wall and Beal play together. Chris Paul is clever. Kenneth Faried is awesome. My current fav is Curry, with Westbrook right behind that.

Bob Cousey
John Havlichek
Michael Jordan
Larry Bird
Moses Malone

I liked the old hornets so I gotta go with Larry johnson and Zo,
Karl Malone
Stephen Curry
Kobe
Honorable mention to Garnett

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts