ADVERTISEMENT

What is your all-time favorite play

Laettner. 1992.

I was pretty pumped when Phil made his putt to clinch the '04 Masters too.

Stefon Diggs....Minneapolis Miracle.

Austin to win in the Dean Dome.

Kris Jenkins....bless that man.

If I have to narrow it down to a play it is definitely the Laettner shot.

But, The Miracle Minute I was there for and was the most exciting thing I have seen live.

Reactions: topps coach
I watched but not intensely, Wisconsin game took a lot out of me for sure

I can’t do it.....once we are out, I’m done.
And I struggle picking who I want to win, especially if the team that beat us is in the finals. Do I want to be able to say that at least we lost to the team that won it all, or do I want the team that beat us to get their heart broke too!??!! It a struggle!!

Reactions: JC CATS
One of my all time favorite plays was by Coach K. 1989 #9 Duke against #2 Arizona. Laettner on the line shooting 1 and 1 to tie the game to send it to OT. Laettner missed, Duke lost, and Coach immediately went to him before even shaking the other coaches hand to let him know it is all good don’t hang nothing on this. I have seldom wondered how Laettners career would have been different if Coach handled that in a negative way.

Reactions: topps coach
All of the good ones have been said- did anyone have the Corey Maggette dunk at home vs Florida?

One that many might not even remember for me but got me so absolutely jacked up was in 2006, home against FSU. In OT JJ hits a 3 from the right side and is just pounding his chest with both arms on his run back to the other end. I nearly ran through a wall after that. He was and still is my favorite player ever at Duke. So watching that was awesome.

Reactions: dukiejay
No 1 Laettners shop
No 2 Grant Hills jam against Kansas
No 3 is a tie between Hurley against UNLV and Austin Rivers dagger vs cheaters U.

Honorable Mention goes to Nova to stop UNC from winning the Natty in 2016

All of the good ones have been said- did anyone have the Corey Maggette dunk at home vs Florida?

One that many might not even remember for me but got me so absolutely jacked up was in 2006, home against FSU. In OT JJ hits a 3 from the right side and is just pounding his chest with both arms on his run back to the other end. I nearly ran through a wall after that. He was and still is my favorite player ever at Duke. So watching that was awesome.

Anyone who ever says that 2006 team wasn’t good enough to win the national championship knows nothing about basketball. I’ll admit it wasn’t the perfect team....but damn. We had two of the four or five best players in the entire country. That year and how it ended still makes me sick.

Anyone who ever says that 2006 team wasn’t good enough to win the national championship knows nothing about basketball. I’ll admit it wasn’t the perfect team....but damn. We had two of the four or five best players in the entire country. That year and how it ended still makes me sick.
My parents nearly disowned me for the screaming and slamming of walls that may or may not have resulted in a hole in the wall in the basement during the LSU game. I was 21, not my finest moment.

Reactions: germantondevil
My parents nearly disowned me for the screaming and slamming of walls that may or may not have resulted in a hole in the wall in the basement during the LSU game. I was 21, not my finest moment.

It’s as bad as I’ve ever handled myself as a sports fan. In fact, it’s the first time where I needed to ‘re-evaluate’ some of my priorities. It’s one of the single hardest losses I’ve ever experienced as a Duke fan....I think @pisgah101 would agree.

It’s as bad as I’ve ever handled myself as a sports fan. In fact, it’s the first time where I needed to ‘re-evaluate’ some of my priorities. It’s one of the single hardest losses I’ve ever experienced as a Duke fan....I think @pisgah101 would agree.
There are certain games I’ll never watch again and that is at the top of the list with 99.

The worst I’ve ever acted out after a loss was the 99 team losing to UConn. I was letting go with both barrels that night. And I still get mad to this day if I think about it for more than a few seconds

Reactions: timo0402

100%

One of my all time favorite plays was by Coach K. 1989 #9 Duke against #2 Arizona. Laettner on the line shooting 1 and 1 to tie the game to send it to OT. Laettner missed, Duke lost, and Coach immediately went to him before even shaking the other coaches hand to let him know it is all good don’t hang nothing on this. I have seldom wondered how Laettners career would have been different if Coach handled that in a negative way.
Two years later he looks at K and Don’t worry I got them in the UNLV game

Last edited:
Reactions: germantondevil
"Special" to Laettner to beat UConn to get to the Final Four. Even better than the play to beat Kentucky

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT