ADVERTISEMENT

What is your all-time favorite play

Ok......since most everyone named more than one. I have to throw in another one. I’ve been a Braves fab since around 1982. When Marquis Grissom caught the last out for the Braves to FINALLY win the World Series, I couldn’t sleep that night.!!

I still can’t believe they won their division 13 years in a row, had all that incredibke pitching, and only won it once

I think that’s when bagley got poked in the eye and Dirt made some kind of pic and red state told him he was

a. Not finny
B. A b-hole

Yeah......he gave Bagley the terminator eye!!
His thread title was something about Bags having surgery! It freaked all of us out until we opened it!!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
hello all...it's been a long absence for me...my favorite play was Lattener at the line with 12 seconds,left 77 all ... in the 91 FF vs UNLV.....and the announcer saying..." 7 of 9 from the line....let's watch" it still sends chills down my spine...

Reactions: DukefanKY
Boy, this is tough, but I'm going to have to with The Glass Menagerie. :p

I know it's a 'play', but I think you're playing 4D chess while I'm playing checkers. Yes, I will admit, Meis, you have me perplexed...I've been wanting to say that!
Is this payback for that 'Cut down the nets' gif?:D
But yeah, this is pretty dang good...reminds me of something DukeDenver would say!

OFC

Last edited:
I know it's a 'play', but I think you're playing 4D chess while I'm playing checkers. Yes, I will admit, Meis, you have me perplexed...I've been wanting to say that!
Is this payback for that 'Cut down the nets' gif?:D
But yeah, this is pretty dang good...reminds me of something DukeDenver would say!

OFC

Hahaha dirt. Revenge is mine! Honestly, my mom would tell you that's my mischievous side, but my dad says I'm a dork. They're both right.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
The oop to Miles Plumlee to put the exclamation point on 82-50.

Reactions: YNWA196
This one is a little crazy. I was there live. Being a wrestling fan, a Flair fan, and this being in Charlotte, it made for the perfect storm of excitement. The crowd was going nuts.

Tough to pick. At the moment it’s Gordon Hayward’s shot not going in. My heart dropped when the shot went in the air and stayed there while it was in the air, which felt like forever. My heart dropped even more when it hit the backboard, the rim....and then pure jubilation.

If I answered this question in a week it could easily be Laettner’s shot, Rivers shot, Dockery’s shot, Capel’s shot, etc.Too many good one’s to choose from.

in all of sports. What single play did you lose your mind Over the most, if you can only pick one. This may have been done before, but I don’t remember it.

For me......Laettner’s shot.
Weird that is my least favorite

Weird that is my least favorite

Haha!! I’m sure!!
Honestly, and this is not a jab, but I can’t imagine a season ending worse than 2015 did for you..first loss being in the final four has to be hard to get past!

For me, from a Duke perspective it would be Larry Johnson gagging on a 3 at the end of the 1991 Duke-UNLV game and Vegas being forced into a desperation heave.

The difference between that and Laettner v. Kentucky in 1992 for me is that I expected Duke to win in 1992 and my reaction was more along the lines of relief. Against Vegas I was still expecting the Runnin' Rebs to somehow pull it out at the end.

Difference in expectations, I suppose.

For me, from a Duke perspective it would be Larry Johnson gagging on a 3 at the end of the 1991 Duke-UNLV game and Vegas being forced into a desperation heave.

The difference between that and Laettner v. Kentucky in 1992 for me is that I expected Duke to win in 1992 and my reaction was more along the lines of relief. Against Vegas I was still expecting the Runnin' Rebs to somehow pull it out at the end.

Difference in expectations, I suppose.

I agree 100%. I had the same expectations you had for both games? I do remember the 92 ky game I lost a bet because I gave a uk fan the cats and 10. Does anyone have any idea what the spread even was for that game?

Haha!! I’m sure!!
Honestly, and this is not a jab, but I can’t imagine a season ending worse than 2015 did for you..first loss being in the final four has to be hard to get past!
You got that right! I believe a loss would have benefitted that team. They played tight the whole tournament, Notre Dame about knocked them out. It affected some of UK fans for years, some still to this day, I hear, it's not the same since 2015

You got that right! I believe a loss would have benefitted that team. They played tight the whole tournament, Notre Dame about knocked them out. It affected some of UK fans for years, some still to this day, I hear, it's not the same since 2015

Rough way to go out for sure. Did you watch the Duke - Wisconsin game? I never watch after we are out

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT