ADVERTISEMENT

What is the worst encounter you've ever had with a Tar Heel Fan?

Originally posted by DukeSky85:
Usually 82-50 shuts them up. Or Mahktar Ndiaye. Thankfully I live in Utah now so I don't have to hear that crap. Growing up though I had quite a few kids in my High School always hassle me about it. The best part was beating them and showing up in Duke gear and just waiting on what they would say next.

Im sure my dad has told the story..doesn't relate to tar heel fans too much, but when I was younger Vince Carter Antwaan Jamison and Dante Calabera visited my high school. All the tar heels fans were goin up to them to get their autographs. I remember walking up to Calabera with my duke hat on..pulled it down to show him and said Duke #1...everyone looked at me like I shot their best friend. Dante just laughed.
That's my boy right there. Even as a young boy he wasn't afraid to stand alone. OFC

I'm getting to the point that when I go out in public I rarely wear any Duke gear. It's gotten to the point where I just don't want to deal with a possible confrontation with some Tar Heel fan friend or not. Funny thing though I haven't heard very much from them this year. OFC

This isn't really a negative experience with a tarheel fan but I thought would tell it anyway. Back in the mid 2000's or so I used to play in a just for fun Texas hold'em poker league and one of the bars that I played at was in the back of the Bank of America building on Franklin Street. I always wore my Duke gear so I'd hear little trash talking from the UNC fans but nothing too obnoxious. I became pretty good friends with the guy manager because he played in the poker league as well as other regulars at that bar that were all UNC fans but I never had to worry about any major problems because the UNC fans that I had become friends with told me that they had my back if anyone ever messed with me. As far as a negative experience with UNC fans, I had this friend that I went to high school with that was a diehard UNC fan and he was obnoxious about it. It didn't matter if we were playing UNC or not and it didn't matter whether we won or lost, he would message me to say Duke sucks and anytime I posted a status about Duke regardless of what the status I posted about Duke was about he would comment to say Duke sucks. I also had another friend that was a Maryland fan that had a problem with a status that I posted in agreement with a status that a friend of mine that was a UNC fan posted about the refs making some bad foul calls against Duke in the game we had that night and we got into this big argument/debate because of it so I finally got sick of his idiotic comments so I finally got pissed off and deleted his comments because I felt that he went too far, so he deleted me from Facebook and his wife that I was also good friends with ended up deleting me as well. Before this experience, I had another experience with him in 2010 when we won the title. I would post a status after every game that we won saying "1 game closer to winning the championship" and after each of my statuses he'd comment saying that we still weren't going to win the championship. Well after we won the title and I posted a status about it, he was nowhere to be found and I didn't hear a single comment from him.

2005. Duke vs UNC at the Dean Dome. I go with 3 of my UNC buddies. I sit down beside a big old boy bout my size, he's a big time UNC fan. Really cool fella. We cut up the whole game, he and I back and forth, just friendly banter. We were up 9 late and UNC roared back at the end and won it. The UNC fans stormed the hell out of the court. As soon as the buzzer sounded, a fella ran up to me because I had my Duke gear on and said "How'd you like that ya fk'n Dukie?!" He slapped me on the side of my ribs then grabbed my hat and threw it into the crowd that was storming the court. By this time , I had him around the throat with my right hand, a firm grip for sure and had him up on his tippy toes. The big UNC fan who was beside me the whole game kinda looked at me and said these exact words. "Dude, this guy is a punk, he ain't worth you getting in trouble over." I said you're right, I let go of his neck, as my hand came down I got the top of the collar of his UNC National Championship shirt and ripped it from the top all the way down to his waist. All the unc fans behind us just burst out laughing at the guy. It was pretty hilarious because it ripped down the front in 2 even lines like a flap and his eyes were huge. He ran down to the tier where the stairs flatten out and stopped and looked back up at us and you could see his bare chest and stomach and we all just burst out laughing and he took off.
Every year at our ACC party they tell this story over and over, my buddy Johnny, who is one of the biggest unc fans you'll ever meet, and a good one at that, still busts out in tears laughing everytime he mentions what that guy looked like after I got a hold of him.

Originally posted by FearTheBeard:
A painting contractor was speaking with a woman about her job.

In the first room, she said she would like a pale blue.

The contractor wrote this down and went to the window, opened it, and yelled out "green side up!"

In the second room, she told the painter she would like it painted in a soft yellow.

He wrote this on his pad, walked to the window, opened it, and yelled "green side up!"

The lady was somewhat curious, but she said nothing.

In the third room, she said she would like it painted a warm rose color.

The painter wrote this down, walked to the window, opened it and yelled "green side up!"

The lady then asked him, "Why do you keep yelling 'green side up'?"

"I'm sorry," came the reply. "But I have a crew of UNC graduates laying sod across the street."

This post was edited on 3/7 12:18 PM by FearTheBeard
laugh.r191677.gif

I laughed out loud at this one. Well done

My second worst encounter was Tilador defending AFAM classes.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Showenuff:
2005. Duke vs UNC at the Dean Dome. I go with 3 of my UNC buddies. I sit down beside a big old boy bout my size, he's a big time UNC fan. Really cool fella. We cut up the whole game, he and I back and forth, just friendly banter. We were up 9 late and UNC roared back at the end and won it. The UNC fans stormed the hell out of the court. As soon as the buzzer sounded, a fella ran up to me because I had my Duke gear on and said "How'd you like that ya fk'n Dukie?!" He slapped me on the side of my ribs then grabbed my hat and threw it into the crowd that was storming the court. By this time , I had him around the throat with my right hand, a firm grip for sure and had him up on his tippy toes. The big UNC fan who was beside me the whole game kinda looked at me and said these exact words. "Dude, this guy is a punk, he ain't worth you getting in trouble over." I said you're right, I let go of his neck, as my hand came down I got the top of the collar of his UNC National Championship shirt and ripped it from the top all the way down to his waist. All the unc fans behind us just burst out laughing at the guy. It was pretty hilarious because it ripped down the front in 2 even lines like a flap and his eyes were huge. He ran down to the tier where the stairs flatten out and stopped and looked back up at us and you could see his bare chest and stomach and we all just burst out laughing and he took off.
Every year at our ACC party they tell this story over and over, my buddy Johnny, who is one of the biggest unc fans you'll ever meet, and a good one at that, still busts out in tears laughing everytime he mentions what that guy looked like after I got a hold of him.
After reading this my eyes started tearing up from laughing so dang hard lol

This post was edited on 3/11 10:14 PM by DiehardDukeFan4Life

Hi, I am an info lurker but I have had way too many bad/weird encounters , however , I have realized that unc fans are like the shrimp at a seafood. buffet. after you release. them a couple will float while most sink but in the end. they all flush.

Originally posted by Showenuff:
roll.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT