ADVERTISEMENT

What are you thankful for

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Since it's thanksgiving...
I'm thankful for salvation, an amazing family and fiancé that loves me, I'm thankful that I was raised in the state of North Carolina to be a fan of the greatest collegiate basketball program of the modern era, I'm thankful for the military and being able to live in such a blessed country and since I went to see "Creed" today I'm thankful for Rocky Balboa and how the movie series continues to inspire me and pump me up :D

Thankful for the ability to go out and do what I want within reason, mostly this means watching as many movies as I can, haha. The opportunity to return to school after many years away to finish my Bachelor's Degree. For being a Duke fan all of my life and being blessed to witness many wonderful moments throughout the years. I am also most thankful for my friends and family. Without them I wouldn't be here today. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! God Bless!

Since it's thanksgiving...
I'm thankful for salvation, an amazing family and fiancé that loves me, I'm thankful that I was raised in the state of North Carolina to be a fan of the greatest collegiate basketball program of the modern era, I'm thankful for the military and being able to live in such a blessed country and since I went to see "Creed" today I'm thankful for Rocky Balboa and how the movie series continues to inspire me and pump me up :D

How was "Creed"? I am hearing that Stallone is the front-runner for the Best Supporting Actor nomination. Do you think he is that good in the film? Planning on seeing it Friday with friends.

There is so much to be thankful for that I don't know where to start. All of God's blessings, my family, friends, our country...just so many, many things. I've had a blessed life, with a wonderful family, and friends.

I'm also thankful for all the good news that is happening for FTB, and his wife. And also for Nickris, and his daughter Dani. Two young families that have been through extremely difficult times, but are seeing loved ones make tremendous progress toward being strong and healthy.

There are many more just like them. So when you're celebrating Thanksgiving this year be sure to remember these families, and others like them.

God Bless everyone, and a Happy Thanksgiving to all.

OFC

Didn't see this thread before I started the other one....God, family, friends, loved ones, college basketball, to be an american even though the government is trying to make it hard to enjoy, my gun and hunting rights, to have a job, and for all the food im gonna enjoy today

I am thankful for my family, the country I love and those who protect it and those who govern it righteously. I am thankful for my Christian believes that my Savior gave his life for me and the world so we can live with him someday. I am thankful for good friends who include a lot of Tar Heel fans. I am thankful for my friends on this Duke basketball board who most of you I have never met but the friendship is definitely there and it is felt. And one more thing that I am thankful for is that I am not a University of North Carolina TAR HEEL fan and I'm sure Tar Heel fans are thankful that I'm not a Tar Heel fan also. GO DUKE. OFC

Last edited:
How was "Creed"? I am hearing that Stallone is the front-runner for the Best Supporting Actor nomination. Do you think he is that good in the film? Planning on seeing it Friday with friends.
It was awesome movie deff gives u chills and made me wanna run through the streets of philly. He did great! He deff deserves a nomination and to me the win. You get to see him really like never before

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I am thankful for life, in general. I thank God every morning for another day in this beautiful world that he has given us. I am thankful for the health that I still have, and the blessings of freedom that have been given to me. Let us never forget those that gave their lives for us to have this freedom!
Lastly, to all the Duke fans across the country, especially those that post on this board, may your pleasures be many, and your troubles be few!! God Bless!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
I'm thankful for my salvation and a God that loves in spite of all my failures and times I stumble. I'm thankful for my family, friends, and to be a part of a nation that although not great right now, I know it will be again soon. Im thankful to all the men and women past, present and future, who choose to defend this great nation and give people like me a chance to post on this board and enjoy all the freedoms given to me. I'm glad to be a fan of the greatest team on the planet. I'm eternally grateful for the men and women at Duke hospital who work in the Childrens Hospital. You will never know how much you mean to my family.

Go Duke!!! GTHC!!!!

It was awesome movie deff gives u chills and made me wanna run through the streets of philly. He did great! He deff deserves a nomination and to me the win. You get to see him really like never before

I cannot wait! I am a huge Rocky fan. I'd go from best to worst (without seeing Creed yet, of course), Rocky, Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, Rocky III, Rocky V, and Rocky IV. How would you list them with "Creed" included? And thanks for the feedback! Happy Thanksgiving!

Reactions: pisgah101
I am thankful for this board where we have a lot of great Duke fans to talk about our great program together. I know we don't always agree and sometimes we whine (me) but you guys are awesome and I'm thankful for being able to post with you guys for the past 6 years of my life

I'm thankful for my wife who loves me and is much better than I deserve. Wonderful woman.

Mostly I am thankful for a God who shows the utmost patience with me, with so much love. He is so great.

I cannot wait! I am a huge Rocky fan. I'd go from best to worst (without seeing Creed yet, of course), Rocky, Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, Rocky III, Rocky V, and Rocky IV. How would you list them with "Creed" included? And thanks for the feedback! Happy Thanksgiving!
I love all the originals except 5 so I'll go
Rocky III, Rocky, Rocky II, Rocky IV, Creed, Rocky Balboa, then way down there V lol Creed is a lot more like the first two then the last 3 the storyline and fights are a perfect balance.. Ima sucker for 3 tho cuz I love Mr T and thunder lips and eye of the tiger, but my list is really really close I see them almost all as equals with the exception of 5... Let me know what you think after you go and happy thanksgiving!

I loved Rocky Balboa. Thought it did an excellent job of recapturing the humble, honest, down to earth feeling of Rocky from the first movie. Felt like one of the most sincere movies I had ever seen ( The first, of course, was better)

I just saw my 28 year old daughter who is home this weekend and she's in the kitchen frosting a cake she baked. She didn't know I was watching and she's scraping the frosting from the bowl and licking the spatula clean. Just like when she was 6 years old.

That memory of the 6 year old made this old daddy almost tear up because my family is so very special.

I just saw my 28 year old daughter who is home this weekend and she's in the kitchen frosting a cake she baked. She didn't know I was watching and she's scraping the frosting from the bowl and licking the spatula clean. Just like when she was 6 years old.

That memory of the 6 year old made this old daddy almost tear up because my family is so very special.

Stuff like that gets me thanks for sharing!

Reactions: skysdad

Good stuff! Daughter is 6 and son is 10. He's on the fence about if Santa is real or fake. It makes me sad that the magic is almost gone for him. I can't imagine what I'll be like when they're older.

In my real world, I am thankful for a wife who truly loves me and actually satisfies me in a way that clearly says the search is over. A beautiful 13 yr old daughter who is always at the top of her class, respects adults and is growing up making the right decisions. Having parents who are still healthy and extremely active and have always been there for me and taught me hard work and honesty is the right way. Living in the greatest nation in the world. Life is good. In Basketball world, I am thankful for a coach that represents my team with integrity, grit, determination, class and wisdom. I am thankful for 5 National Championships. I am thankful that when I was a kid, even though I was surrounded by TarHeel fans, I chose Duke. I am extra thankful for Harry Giles , Jayson Tatum , Frank Jackson and Javin Delaurier . I am thankful Austin Rivers busted that game winner in UNC's face. I am thankful for all the awesome folks I've met through the years at this board. You guys rock.

I love all the originals except 5 so I'll go
Rocky III, Rocky, Rocky II, Rocky IV, Creed, Rocky Balboa, then way down there V lol Creed is a lot more like the first two then the last 3 the storyline and fights are a perfect balance.. Ima sucker for 3 tho cuz I love Mr T and thunder lips and eye of the tiger, but my list is really really close I see them almost all as equals with the exception of 5... Let me know what you think after you go and happy thanksgiving!

I absolutely loved Creed. Stallone gives the performance of his career. This is the Stallone that Roger Ebert said was possibly the "next Brando". I'm not saying this as someone with the nostalgia glasses on. This is a character that I take very seriously and love with all my heart. I was extremely worried about this film and couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I'd go Rocky, tie Creed/Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, Rocky III, Rocky V, and Rocky IV. I just never really liked IV, other than the final fight and Paulie's robot.

I absolutely loved Creed. Stallone gives the performance of his career. This is the Stallone that Roger Ebert said was possibly the "next Brando". I'm not saying this as someone with the nostalgia glasses on. This is a character that I take very seriously and love with all my heart. I was extremely worried about this film and couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I'd go Rocky, tie Creed/Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, Rocky III, Rocky V, and Rocky IV. I just never really liked IV, other than the final fight and Paulie's robot.

Awesome I'm glad you liked it! And Stallone can really act for sure. I like Rocky IV so much cuz it was such a perfect piece for the Cold War. I wasn't born when it came back but I love history and this movie just does a great job with Americana for me

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT