ADVERTISEMENT

Two Words

Hell yeah...he just wouldn't let us lose. The man has ice water in his veins, and fire in his heart.

OFC

The backcourt as a whole.

Tyus was unreal, really won the game...and Cook, without his 3's and mainly his defense on Paige, Duke doesn't win.

If he starts doing the Sam Cassell big onions, he couldn't be penalized because he is just telling it how it is

I made a about Tyus earlier this week. He can do everything. He fills the stat line. Now, he had a lot of turnovers, but he does everything. And, he is soooo clutch. That isn't taught.Even by Coach K. He is going to be a stud at the next level.

Tyus stones.

Tyus stinking stones.

Nice having you for a single year.

Tyus was amazing.

I also want to give Quinn some love. Hit a really big 3 in the last few minutes of regulation. Missed some FTs, but made enough of them.

Even better than preseason NPOY Marcus "all world" Paige? Come now. Surely you jest!

OFC

I turned to my wife after Tokoto had the slam to give them the lead the first time and said, "Tyus is going to save us."

I'm telling you, Tyus is the reason Duke is any good. He has been so huge all year in the hugest of moments. He fills the stat line. He is going to be a star in the NBA. I f he can continue the way he is playing, and if Duke can play defense (why didn't we go zone last night? They can't shoot from outside), then this team has a chance to win every game they play because of Tyus' will.

I had a thread about which of the three Tyus,Jahlil or Justise did we need back next year. Tonight we saw why. If he comes back next year he will once again makes us a real contender for the nc. No matter who is on the team next year we need a guy that can get the ball into the proper hands even if it's his hands. OFC

Originally posted by hoosurdukie:
If he starts doing the Sam Cassell big onions, he couldn't be penalized because he is just telling it how it is
This caused me to spit up my coffee. Well done.

I know people heard me preach for the last two years about how special this kid could be....and probably got sick of it too. I'm not here to gloat and say I'm right though, because I didn't anticipate anything close to what he's done through 26 games.

He's much better than I thought he would be....and I knew he was pretty special years ago.

Paraphrasing here, but if you heard coach last night it was something to the tune of- "that's why we waited 3 years to get him. we loved his poise, his toughness and how he played the game."

Not much more you can say about a guy than that. Coach K has his PG. And i'm DAMN pleased that we waited for him, unbelievable.

One thing i want to say that i haven't seen posted yet is, the total 180 that i have in my gut watching this year vs. last year in tight games. Last year, in tight games i knew we would lose b/c we couldnt get stops down the stretch. This year, i never think we're going to lose until the buzzer sounds b/c we can get stops, and more importantly, we have Tyus Jones.

Can some mod, rename this thread 4 words? As MPM already stated what those four words are, although mine would have been a bit more expletive than his. :)

I read jay's posts about tyus last year. "This kid is a stone cold killa....." I believe he said. I have to say I was skeptical. Also watching him earlier in the year - clearly K was working on him by taking him out of games at certain times.

Now in one of the biggest games he shows us his stuff - again. I have never seen a guy that takes it right at big guys like that - draws contact and finishes.

Amazing.

Yeah, Quinn was great as well.

But, there is something really special about a freshman like Tyus and his ice-in-the-veins ability to take over a game in the clutch.

Just mind-blowing.

Btw, came across this on the draft from ESPN (it's just the start of insider - I don't subscribe so I did not see the rest). Fascinating to see the disparity. Also could be possible that this uncertainty may get him to stay another year. I get the draw of being a 1st rounder b/c of guaranteed money. But, wow, would love him to stay another year. I do think he'd go in round 1:

ESPN Insider's Chad Ford and Kevin Pelton return to provide the kind of discussions that are happening in front offices around the NBA -- where scouts and statistical experts are breaking down NBA draft prospects using their "eyes, ears and numbers."[/I]

Question: Kevin had Tyus Jones ranked No. 2 in his latest Statistical Big Board while Chad had him ranked No. 24 on the Big Board. That's a 22-pick disparity. What gives?

Chad Ford:[/B] The scouts and GMs I've spoken with just aren't that high on him. He's having a great season. He might be the best pure point guard in college basketball right now. But of all the GMs and scouts I surveyed, none of them have Jones ranked in the lottery, let alone No. 2. Some weren't sold he was a first-rounder.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT