ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal thread

25 minutes a game? Jon played him zero minutes,unless we were up 25.. Even when Lively was hurt. 10 would be amazing, if unlikely.

Reactions: Duke937
Couple of Trilly Donovan and Andrew Slater tweets tonight

Sounds like Ron Holland is going to Arkansas

Elliot Cadeau reclass is coming

Tyler Burton is probably withdrawing from the draft and Slater projects him to Villanova

Alabama news is that Quinerly may transfer and they’re in on Udeh now.

Reactions: christophero
All are very interesting, but I’m intrugied by Cadeau. Reclassifications are always risky and you never know if it’ll pay off. I haven’t read much in him, but he seems like a smaller, play-making guard, apologies if I’m off. Going off of that, his role alongside Davis will be interesting to watch, and seeing if he can adjust to the intensity of the college game.

The NBA deadline is Wednesday, right? If Grant Nelson pulls out it will be a feeding frenzy.

When is the last time a 3-Star player contributed anything as a sophomore at Duke?? I don’t want to doubt Reeves, but it NEVER happens. Now in Reeves defense, his 3 star ranking has some to do with COVID/injuries. But on top of all that, big men have a tougher adjustment to the college game since they can’t just out size everyone like in HS.

As a sophomore, 3-Star Goldwire played 8mpg and averaged 0.9 ppg for the Zion team.

Cadeau re-class announced. UNC definitely has an interesting team. On the fringe of the top 25 in my opinion but they could be good.

When is the last time a 3-Star player contributed anything as a sophomore at Duke?? I don’t want to doubt Reeves, but it NEVER happens. Now in Reeves defense, his 3 star ranking has some to do with COVID/injuries. But on top of all that, big men have a tougher adjustment to the college game since they can’t just out size everyone like in HS.

As a sophomore, 3-Star Goldwire played 8mpg and averaged 0.9 ppg for the Zion team.
To me, all we need out of Reeves is shot-blocking and lob-finishing, at a minimum. Dude is a 7-footer, so I'm sure that at a minimum, he can do that for us. Anything else is icing on the cake. We saw Lively improve as the season went on, and I fully believe Reeves can do the same if he gets meaningful minutes this season

To me, all we need out of Reeves is shot-blocking and lob-finishing, at a minimum. Dude is a 7-footer, so I'm sure that at a minimum, he can do that for us. Anything else is icing on the cake. We saw Lively improve as the season went on, and I fully believe Reeves can do the same if he gets meaningful minutes this season
I agree that shot blocking, rebounding, and lob-finishing is all we need Reeves to provide. It took Lively half a season to be able to do those things though. And Lively was the #1 player in his class. Like I’ve said the transition for big guys to ACC basketball is no joke.

With that said..I would be thrilled if by Feb Reeves is blocking 2-3 shots a game and catching a few lobs a game. Easier said than done though.

Reactions: BlobfishRCool04
I agree that shot blocking, rebounding, and lob-finishing is all we need Reeves to provide. It took Lively half a season to be able to do those things though. And Lively was the #1 player in his class. Like I’ve said the transition for big guys to ACC basketball is no joke.

With that said..I would be thrilled if by Feb Reeves is blocking 2-3 shots a game and catching a few lobs a game. Easier said than done though.
To echo this, I would be beyond thrilled if Reeves just played solid defense and even made it tough for opponents to shoot over him. Altering shots can be just as effective.

Reeves was rated a 4-star by ESPN and Rivals.

I know we're beating this to death regarding Reeves, but I thought he showed an ability to be in the right place and to score a little bit. I don't know about how athletic he is but when you're 7'1" you can get away with being less than a great athlete.

If he gets playing time I expect he'll score more than Lively did but he's not going to be out blowing up pick and rolls like Lively so Scheyer will come up with a different scheme to compensate I'm sure.

I hear you. He didn't block a lot of shots, but he certainly altered them. Look at the end of the Butler game.
But at his height and four years in K’s system and at seven foot altering shots should be at least expected. To answer your question , I never viewed him as a rim protector but he did come alive the second half of his senior season

Reactions: christophero
One of the things I've liked about our recent teams is the height advantages we've had. Especially with our ability this season to run Power/Mitchell at the 3, Flip at the 4, and Reeves at the 5. Even Proctor is tall for a PG. Idk the heights of McCain or Foster, but we're tall 3-5

Love to Arizona

Grant Nelson withdraws from the Draft
Nelson is a good player, but I am not aware of any contact between he and Duke. I do think that he will transfer somewhere just to get more spotlight on him. Some more work on his game and he could be a 1st rounder especially as the draft next year is pretty weak.

Reactions: sheyduke
Love to Arizona

Grant Nelson withdraws from the Draft
I heard he didn"t play that well in the scrimmages. But Nelson is a baller. Looks like a more athletic Hurt to me. Maybe not quite the shooter Hurt was, but a better athlete,

Last edited:
Stewart is the wildcard next year. If we can start him next to Flip or even play him 20 minutes that is a big help. He is built like Hairston. (hopefully better) Still time to get a portal big man, but options are dwindling. I am still super pumped for next year, but we were so close with Shedrick and Udeh.
Said it before but Stewart reminds me of Amile Jefferson. Think Stewart is more skilled than Amile was coming out of HS, but if Stewart can produce as a Freshman like Jefferson did as a Jr then he could be a major help on the boards.

Couple of Trilly Donovan and Andrew Slater tweets tonight

Sounds like Ron Holland is going to Arkansas

Elliot Cadeau reclass is coming

Tyler Burton is probably withdrawing from the draft and Slater projects him to Villanova

Alabama news is that Quinerly may transfer and they’re in on Udeh now.
Udeh going to Alabama potentially is sort of comical. They’ve had one half decent PF since Oats has been there, as all they do is shoot from the outside. If Udeh is going to end up at any fringe top 25 team, he will do the least damage there.

Cadeau re-class announced. UNC definitely has an interesting team. On the fringe of the top 25 in my opinion but they could be good.
UNC had two major flaws this past season.

1. They shot the worst 3pt % in UNC history
2. Their ball movement was stagnant and they were terrible at generating assists.

UNC has added 4 players from the transfer portal who shot over 40% on catch-and-shoot 3-pointers.

UNC has now added 2 players, Cadeau and Ingram, who are really good passers for their positions.

So, at least initially, this looks like a roster being built to space the floor around Bacot, create easy scoring opportunities, and knock down catch-and-shoot opportunities off penetration or double teams.

2. Their ball movement was stagnant and they were terrible at generating assists.

UNC has added 4 players from the transfer portal who shot over 40% on catch-and-shoot 3-pointers.

UNC has now added 2 players, Cadeau and Ingram, who are really good passers for their positions.

So, at least initially, this looks like a roster being built to space the floor around Bacot, create easy scoring opportunities, and knock down catch-and-shoot opportunities off penetration or double teams.
I suppose we should go ahead and award them the trophy now.

OFC

Udeh going to Alabama potentially is sort of comical. They’ve had one half decent PF since Oats has been there, as all they do is shoot from the outside. If Udeh is going to end up at any fringe top 25 team, he will do the least damage there.
He'd replace Bediako, who stayed in the draft for some reason

Reactions: jamsession3

Really, we do not give a flying f#$*. Why post your amateur analysis of UNCheat's team over here? Were you really a Duke fan, it might be different. But you are not. Young racist Tarhole dudes (white or African-American) should go to or stay at THR. Of course, I would be glad to retract my words if you would confirm under oath that you hate the Heels and are a long-time Duke fan.

OFC

Really, we do not give a flying f#$*. Why post your amateur analysis of UNCheat's team over here? Were you really a Duke fan, it might be different. But you are not. Young racist Tarhole dudes (white or African-American) should go to or stay at THR. Of course, I would be glad to retract my words if you would confirm under oath that you hate the Heels and are a long-time Duke fan.

OFC
Chappelle loves 'em DI, and I love your retort. It's amazing how they have to come over and post, even in the offseason. As @skysdad says, "They can't help it, they're tar heels. #RentFree OFC

Last day to pull out of the draft. Pitt got their best player back. Kentucky is waiting on 3 guys, so it's basically Keels x 3 for them. Whatever you think of Love, Arizona looks pretty loaded. Good early test for us. (they are big) Nice to not have to sweat this day out.

Reactions: 9dukejames
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT