ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal thread

The kid is a baller, watch out for the zags to land him, Kentucky is right their with the zags
Chris, if the hotdog and coors diet is affecting your health, I suggest the Clempsun gourmet dinner, Vieena sauages and Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Has helped me a lot when weening off of kosher hot dogs and Budwieser due to recent woke controversy.. OFC

Reactions: christophero
Duke will need run 3 guard offense. Just Don't have the horse's down low. The power kid is going to surprise lot of people
Duke could run a three guard offense however, they would not have the rebounding advantage their is also no need . IMO we eventually see Mitchell at the sf spot allowing for Stewart and flip to split time at the four and Reeves, Young and Flip ( some at the five ).
One thing different this year is I’m sure Proctor, Roach, Foster, McCain, Powers, Mitchell and Schutt will all shoot better drawing the defense out . This allows the bigs to work inside better

I’m fine going in the year with who we have and think we’re still preseason top 2.. one thing kinda interesting to me though is without adding another big why was that one dude afraid to come compete? He could have played the 3 or 4 next to Mitchell and flip..

Even if flip starts at the 5 that doesn’t mean he’s the “center” in normal terms I’m sure we’ll play a lot of position less basketball. Stewart, powers are both big men when coupled with flip and Mitchell should provide plenty of length.
Mgbako wanted to be a hybrid 3/4 . He saw no chance with both Mitchell and Flip returning and all the guards . Sometimes it’s not about being scared to compete . Some just want to be the headliner .

Wishful thinking or true Duke fan? We are wary of potential trolls. @skysdad will tell you so. After all, you are just a "recruit."

OFC
Hart, give him a break. After all, he almost spelled Duke correctly, only forgetting the capital D, and he did not use the word "dook". That tells me that he has better than a UNCheat education (which isn't a high hurdle). OFC

Reactions: Fourteen44
Lively averaged 5.4 rebounds per game last season. We will miss his tremendous defense but we can find 5.4 rebounds somewhere else.

Defensively, each player is going to have to step up without Dereck covering for them but we can do it. I think Duke will be stronger, much better on offense, and much more experienced than last year.

Stewart is the wildcard next year. If we can start him next to Flip or even play him 20 minutes that is a big help. He is built like Hairston. (hopefully better) Still time to get a portal big man, but options are dwindling. I am still super pumped for next year, but we were so close with Shedrick and Udeh.

Lively averaged 5.4 rebounds per game last season. We will miss his tremendous defense but we can find 5.4 rebounds somewhere else.
Lively's defensive rebounding % improved significantly over the season.

I'm not concerned with rebounding at all. Flip is a really good rebounder and keep in mind, Mitchell's rebounding numbers from last year are from him playing the 3 mostly. He'll have a lot more rebounding opportunities playing the 4 next season. Young is an elite rebounder and Stewart/Power should be solid too

Mgbako wanted to be a hybrid 3/4 . He saw no chance with both Mitchell and Flip returning and all the guards . Sometimes it’s not about being scared to compete . Some just want to be the headliner .
This is why I am so concerned about bringing in a transfer. Chemistry and personal purpose scares me when it comes to bringing a new face in.

Reactions: sheyduke and Liftee
If this guy is saying Duke is with "a bunch in with few other teams", meaning Duke is one of the 3 or 4 top teams, then I'll agree with him. I'm not sure that's what he's trying to say though.

I think he's saying with a good portal 5 we are the clear cut #1. Otherwise we are in the top 5. What I've been saying for a month. :) Don't know if he's a troll or not but I agree. We are definitely a FF contender either way, but a portal 5 would allow us to go big or small.

Duke hasn’t had great rim protection every season. It didn’t have it in 2010 or 2015. With six guards on the roster the on the ball pressure will be key and can’t elevate the rim protection. You still have Flip, Young and Mitchell who can block shots but Duke will thrive with on ball pressure and turnovers .

Reactions: Fourteen44
Player2020 doesn't have anyone who likes her enough to invite her to a memorial day cookout, so she's trolling once again today. My guess is a Kentucky fan bitter about getting owned the last two times we've played.

Player2020 doesn't have anyone who likes her enough to invite her to a memorial day cookout, so she's trolling once again today. My guess is a Kentucky fan bitter about getting owned the last two times we've played.
Yes, I do like the cats unlike most big blue don't have anything against duke. In 92 after you guys beat us , coach k address our team and fans guy was classact

Reactions: bullettoothtony
When in doubt, always figure a troll is a bored UK fan looking to get some subtle jabs in and stir some dissention. I would never play that game myself, but pussycat fans are famous for it throughout the college basketball world. He/she/it is especially interested in Udeh and there just is no info out there about him. He could be going to Atlantis for all I know.

When in doubt, always figure a troll is a bored UK fan looking to get some subtle jabs in and stir some dissention. I would never play that game myself, but pussycat fans are famous for it throughout the college basketball world. He/she/it is especially interested in Udeh and there just is no info out there about him. He could be going to Atlantis for all I know.
Just giving my opinion that's all. Like I said in previous post I have no problem with duke. They are lot crazy Kent fans , I try not to be like lot of them lol.

According to Oak Hill Academy’s website, Reeves had 68 blocks in 27 games, which comes out to 2.5 blocks a game. Dude is a true seven-footer and looks like he can develop into a contributor. I know he’s recovering right now, but I think an off-season with Amile Jefferson will go a long way in his development.

Hes not a game changer like Holmes, Edwards, Dickinson, or some other portal transfers, but I’m confident that he can be a suitable 5 for us, at least in 25 mins a game. My only concern is game experience. Obviously he was with us the entire year, but he didn’t play much, but maybe he proves me wrong. However, that is a concern with any incoming freshman, and they don’t even have that year on the bench, so that’s a plus.

#TrustScheyer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT