ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Bennett is Retiring

dukecorey

All American
Oct 6, 2009
ESPN just broke the news. Press conference scheduled for tomorrow. Hopefully everything is alright. He was one of the better coaches left. Won’t miss his defensive style of play when Duke matches up against UVA in the future. Best of luck to him.

Probably leaving due to the state of college athletics. I think 10 years from now college basketball coaches will be more GM than coach and we will see a big drop in ability and quality of the game.

Sad to see him leave, although, as DukeCorey said, I won’t miss seeing his defense against us! A totally class act, made Virginia hoops relevant again. Good luck to whatever your next act is, Tony!

OFC

A lot of older coaches have got to feel the same way .

Can’t blame him one bit. The transfer/NIL have totally stripped coaches from being able to do their job.

Sports nowadays are a direct reflection of our society.

Although there are likely some coaches who already feel and embrace this, the older coaches must feel like their job has become much like being a bidder at a horse auction. And I’m sure that’s not what attracted people like K, Boeheim, Williams or Bennett to the profession.

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT