ADVERTISEMENT

Week 8 - FSU-Duke - 7 p.m., 10/18 (Friday)

ConorONeill

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Staff
Aug 13, 2021
Oh good, another Friday night game!

Duke emerges from its off week with one day shorter rest than normal, given the Blue Devils play host to scuffling FSU on Friday night this week.

There will be full coverage here as the Blue Devils can knock a lot of things off the season goals list this week. A sixth win would lock up bowl eligibility in the middle of October; a win would mean a bounce-back game after losing at GT before the off week; Duke can beat FSU for the first time in program history; and come on, wouldn't it be hilarious if Duke notched a win over one of the ACC's malcontents? It's the only shot they've got, since Clemson isn't on the schedule this year.

The programming note is I'll be at Friday night's game with full coverage.

Those mid-term PFF grades will be posting early this week -- offense on Monday, defense on Tuesday. I'll link up the grades in this thread.

(For the record: I'll complain about Friday night games but truth of the matter is, they're going to be played, the TV money and exposure outweighs the drawbacks of not being able to get many recruits to the games, and most fans of a college team are going to watch their team instead of going to a local high school game. So, every program that isn't a blue blood is going to play in these games.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.