ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

This story largely missed the broadcast news media cycle because of Thanksgiving programming. However it exploded on internet. Wondered your thoughts (conservatives, moderates, liberals) on the president's comments:

Won't let me read the whole article. But going by the quote. What is the big deal, if you think there is one? I am glad that he answered directly to the question of will he leave office and didn't give some kind of cryptic message to leave everyone speculating. And they love to throw out the "without evidence" comments even though there hasn't been due process. Just the media controlling the narrative and the perception as usual.

I guess my thoughts are, whatever.

Hope all had a good Thanksgiving and enjoys their weekend, though.

He's in favor of legalizing marijuana, which any true capitalist should be, as it has the potential to create a lot if financial opportunities for companies as well as for enterprising, hardworking folks.

He supports LGBTQ rights, which anybody who claims to be a supporter if small government should be, as it encourages the government to stay out of people's bedrooms, surgical procedures and social lives.

If you're a big 2A believer that probably makes you a strict constitutionalist, which means you would support separation of church and state. Since the only leg to stand on being against gay marital rights is one that belongs to a specific religion, you should probably be in favor of gay rights.

He supports raising the federal minimum wage, which is something that appeals to progressives and should appeal to the under-educated folks in our society.

Finally, he's a big, imposing white dude who kinda looks like a tough guy and he doesn't mind using profanity during interviews. That type of thing seems very important to Trump-Republicans.
So it sounds like you believe that people who align with your views should appeal to everyone. I guess that is a natural human thought.

I liked your attempted jab at non progressives. Referring to them as under-educated. But let's hit on this particular talking point. What do you think would be a fair federal minimum wage?

that would be the Republicans. We could move off oil dependency if we put more effort into clean energy. It would also lead to more jobs.
Yes, republicans have a reputation for wars. But let us not forget the democratic senators who have voted for wars and the democrat presidents that have also led us to war. War is an American reputation, not a partisan one. So you failed to rebute his point.

Your point on moving away from oil dependency would mean that we would also move away from energy independence. Clean energy should be something we all strive for, and I think the United States is doing better than most other countries in that category. I'm curious though. How would leaving the oil industry, stop fracking and moving to clean energy lead to more jobs? Who would get those jobs and where?

Yes, republicans have a reputation for wars. But let us not forget the democratic senators who have voted for wars and the democrat presidents that have also led us to war. War is an American reputation, not a partisan one. So you failed to rebute his point.

Your point on moving away from oil dependency would mean that we would also move away from energy independence. Clean energy should be something we all strive for, and I think the United States is doing better than most other countries in that category. I'm curious though. How would leaving the oil industry, stop fracking and moving to clean energy lead to more jobs? Who would get those jobs and where?
How do we move away from independence? As far as jobs, there will be more money for R and D, which means that to the degree colleges get funding, that is a plus. there will also be jobs in construction as either new plants need to be built, or old plants retrofitted. wind energy requires windmills to be built and that means more jobs.

No surprise, but the media didn’t even cover the little hearing in PA with Giuliani and the eyewitnesses, one who was a poll watcher, and a registered democrat as well.
The crowd gasped when the totals were announced in a massive dump. In 90 minutes, 337,000 votes were for Biden. Statistically, they say that’s impossible. The total dump was about 577,000 for Sleepy Joe and 3,200 for Trump. That’s when the crowd made noise.

Nothing to see here, please move along.

How do we move away from independence? As far as jobs, there will be more money for R and D, which means that to the degree colleges get funding, that is a plus. there will also be jobs in construction as either new plants need to be built, or old plants retrofitted. wind energy requires windmills to be built and that means more jobs.
You mean jobs, as the kind Trump helped create, or jobs, as in growing the government, like Obama did?
Inquiring minds want to know.

He had 8 years. More damage (costs alone would kill us) attempting to go the “clean energy” route. Obama was kicking the can down the road, towards the cliff, and then Hilary was going to kick it over the cliff.
Obama was only a smooth talker in public, but a puppet to The Establishment. A snake in the grass. You liberals are dangerous to our country.
Would you have a stroke if you just made your point, without adding these barbs?

Reactions: bfort2223
Won't let me read the whole article. But going by the quote. What is the big deal, if you think there is one? I am glad that he answered directly to the question of will he leave office and didn't give some kind of cryptic message to leave everyone speculating. And they love to throw out the "without evidence" comments even though there hasn't been due process. Just the media controlling the narrative and the perception as usual.

Due process? He has had access to the courts this entire time. His problem is a lack of evidence.

Would you have a stroke if you just made your point, without adding these barbs?
It’s the sad truth. You might be a nice person away from politics. But your political views are dangerous, and you’re naive to the corrupt media. Simple as that. If you don’t like hearing that, tough shit.

It’s the sad truth. You might be a nice person away from politics. But your political views are dangerous, and you’re naive to the corrupt media. Simple as that. If you don’t like hearing that, tough shit.
And just so we are clear, I feel the same way about your views.

No surprise, but the media didn’t even cover the little hearing in PA with Giuliani and the eyewitnesses, one who was a poll watcher, and a registered democrat as well.
The crowd gasped when the totals were announced in a massive dump. In 90 minutes, 337,000 votes were for Biden. Statistically, they say that’s impossible. The total dump was about 577,000 for Sleepy Joe and 3,200 for Trump. That’s when the crowd made noise.

There are all sorts of news reports on line about this.

We move away from independence when we depend on products that are made in other countries. Right now the demand for windmills is at the rate where GE is manufacturing most of the turbines in the country. But they will not be able to meet the demands if we are going to rely more on them. Plus, where are we going to put enough windmills to power the country? Your jobs created would not come close to the jobs that would be lost. That's silly to even think about. It's a pipe dream.

You mean jobs, as the kind Trump helped create, or jobs, as in growing the government, like Obama did?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Plus all the jobs lost during the pandemic

No. I very much do. Just because you don’t like the result, does not due process was denid.
Again. You clearly don't understand due process. I am not claiming that he is being denied due process, just that he hasn't had it yet. We are not even in December and you think that this is over. There hasn't been any results for me not to like. My point is that the narrative and the perception that the MSM is wrongfully pushing on the public that there is no evidence is removing due process from consideration in the minds of the public. Most free thinking people know that there is a long way to go and that despite the results being very unlikely to change, we don't actually know what kind of evidence will be presented to the SCOTUS. Non free thinkers such as yourself just fall in line with the MSM's narrative.

Reactions: slapthefloor
Plus all the jobs lost during the pandemic
Just what I thought you would do. Google. Haha. You do know they lean hard to the left, don’t you? Forgive me if I don’t believe you. Your sources are liars.

If this is true, why did it take Biden so long to pass Trump after the mail in ballots started getting counted?

I know the whole game is to tell the fanboys what they want to hear as to draw out the process long enough to continue to fleece them for PAC donations, but if this really happened, why didn't Biden pass him earlier in the week?

Just what I thought you would do. Google. Haha. You do know they lean hard to the left, don’t you? Forgive me if I don’t believe you. Your sources are liars.

Is Forbes too far left?

If this is true, why did it take Biden so long to pass Trump after the mail in ballots started getting counted?

I know the whole game is to tell the fanboys what they want to hear as to draw out the process long enough to continue to fleece them for PAC donations, but if this really happened, why didn't Biden pass him earlier in the week?
Trump had almost a 900,000 vote lead. There was one big dump that mac brought up. The others were about 50,000 vote dumps. That and the incredibly slow counting. I say this as it is being alleged. Not as it being factual because I don't know.

So it sounds like you believe that people who align with your views should appeal to everyone. I guess that is a natural human thought.

I liked your attempted jab at non progressives. Referring to them as under-educated. But let's hit on this particular talking point. What do you think would be a fair federal minimum wage?

Actually, I'm not a huge supporter of legalization of marijuana (more indifferent, I guess) and while I believe in raising minimum wage, the $15.00 national wage I have seen is probably too hard.

That wasn't a jab, as I was simply listing demographics. There can be crossovers among them. I separated capitalists and constitutionalists, for example, but there is definitely crossover there.

Last edited:
Again. You clearly don't understand due process. I am not claiming that he is being denied due process, just that he hasn't had it yet. We are not even in December and you think that this is over. There hasn't been any results for me not to like. My point is that the narrative and the perception that the MSM is wrongfully pushing on the public that there is no evidence is removing due process from consideration in the minds of the public. Most free thinking people know that there is a long way to go and that despite the results being very unlikely to change, we don't actually know what kind of evidence will be presented to the SCOTUS. Non free thinkers such as yourself just fall in line with the MSM's narrative.
This is not going to SCOTUS. Also over 80 million freethinkers (a majority of voters) are happy that this election is over.

Trump had almost a 900,000 vote lead. There was one big dump that mac brought up. The others were about 50,000 vote dumps. That and the incredibly slow counting. I say this as it is being alleged. Not as it being factual because I don't know.

Trump's biggest lead prior to the start of mail in voting was something in the 600,000 range.

If Biden was capturing votes at the pace described during the Pennsylvania meeting, he would have won the state by far more than the 73,000 he did.

Trump's biggest lead prior to the start of mail in voting was something in the 600,000 range.

If Biden was capturing votes at the pace described during the Pennsylvania meeting, he would have won the state by far more than the 73,000 he did.
That was honestly a mistake. I meant almost 700,000. But that was just one dump that was brought up. And by people who would know more about it than you or me. I don't even think it's being disputed. I could be wrong.

My bad, this site should let you read entire account. Thanks for your views.Hope you had good Thanksgiving too, as well as all "Lounge" readers.....

That was honestly a mistake. I meant almost 700,000. But that was just one dump that was brought up. And by people who would know more about it than you or me. I don't even think it's being disputed. I could be wrong.

Even if that was an isolated incident, it would have swayed it so much that it would have sped up the pace in Pennsylvania to the point it would have been given to Biden much earlier in thr week.

If it happened (I say if because most of the big game-changer announcements, like the Minnesota counties in Michigan, have turned out untrue), the dumps (which are actually reported ballots, not actually the chronological order in which they're counted) must have been added to the total count by candidate.

My bad, this site should let you read entire account. Thanks for your views.Hope you had good Thanksgiving too, as well as all "Lounge" readers.....
Yeah, definitely another slanted article. I fully expect Biden to be the president. But the way the media refuses to cover clear irregularities and many claims by witnesses of fraud is criminal. But what are we to expect anymore?

Trump and his lawyers are doing a lot of talking. I know this stuff takes time, due to the alleged size of fraud. I am anxious to see if they were blowing smoke, or if the democrats are going to eat crow.

Even if that was an isolated incident, it would have swayed it so much that it would have sped up the pace in Pennsylvania to the point it would have been given to Biden much earlier in thr week.

If it happened (I say if because most of the big game-changer announcements, like the Minnesota counties in Michigan, have turned out untrue), the dumps (which are actually reported ballots, not actually the chronological order in which they're counted) must have been added to the total count by candidate.
We'll just have to wait and see. There's no sense in arguing about things that nobody really knows about. Hope you had a great holiday.

Yeah, definitely another slanted article. I fully expect Biden to be the president. But the way the media refuses to cover clear irregularities and many claims by witnesses of fraud is criminal. But what are we to expect anymore?

Thanks Ghost. Its tough to find a website/channel/publication that truly covers politics down the middle. Most do tend to lean one way or another....

I watched the video of his exchanges with the reporters yesterday.

I think Trump, as has been reported, knows he lost but realizes the donation/legal fund scheme is a cash cow, so he's going to ride this as long as possible.

His failure to actually concede the election is really not a surprise. He describes his multiple bankruptcies as smart business rather than failures, has said he has never asked for God's forgiveness because he didn't need it and has publicly stated he doesn't think he could have done anything different as it relates to the Coronavirus. Donald Trump does not have it in him to admit defeat, error or mistake.

That said I think he'll willingly leave the White House. I don't think he'll attend the inauguration. I do think he will be somewhere live-tweeting about it.

It’s such a head scratcher that some of you believe that politicians, your side anyway, are good and honorable people. But Trump isn’t, and the election fraud claims are bogus.

We live in different worlds.

I watched the video of his exchanges with the reporters yesterday.

I think Trump, as has been reported, knows he lost but realizes the donation/legal fund scheme is a cash cow, so he's going to ride this as long as possible.

His failure to actually concede the election is really not a surprise. He describes his multiple bankruptcies as smart business rather than failures, has said he has never asked for God's forgiveness because he didn't need it and has publicly stated he doesn't think he could have done anything different as it relates to the Coronavirus. Donald Trump does not have it in him to admit defeat, error or mistake.

That said I think he'll willingly leave the White House. I don't think he'll attend the inauguration. I do think he will be somewhere live-tweeting about it.

Thanks for feedback Jtre, glad to hear you had a good Turkey Day....Yeah I just wanted to post so everyone could check out the story. Like I said with thanksgiving programming, football, etc it missed MOST of the broadcast news cycle Thursday. I am sure it will get more attention today. VP Pence will be on standby if President Trump exits office prematurely.

Here you go again. Dodgeball champ. Won’t touch one thing but agree on an obvious.

What is there to touch? I think there are good people working in politics and bad people working in politics, just like any other profession. Of those good people, some are Democrat and some are Republican.

I believe the majority of people who are "career politicians," began their careers with a desire to help others and serve their communities.

I believe some lose themselves along the way and forget why they got initially got into politics.

Last, I believe your sentence about living in different worlds is the most accurate statement you have ever posted here.

What is there to touch? I think there are good people working in politics and bad people working in politics, just like any other profession. Of those good people, some are Democrat and some are Republican.

I believe the majority of people who are "career politicians," began their careers with a desire to help others and serve their communities.

I believe some lose themselves along the way and forget why they got initially got into politics.

Last, I believe your sentence about living in different worlds is the most accurate statement you have ever posted here.
This may be your best post. I think many do get into politics for good reasons, and many from the "good intent" ones get sucked into the corrupt game. Some are just dirty from the jump.
A big difference between you and me though, other than you being a liberal and me a conservative, is you are shy about calling out your party, but not shy about the republicans. You can't convince me that if the situation was totally reversed with Trump and Biden that you wouldn't be calling for major investigations. Instead, you bury your head in the sand, or cry racism. That is a tactic the white liberals have mastered. You bit the hook, with understandable reason. The mainstream media are criminals.

White liberals are more racist than most any white conservative.

Reactions: topps coach
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT