ADVERTISEMENT

The Duke 3 on 3 Tournament Round 1 (game 1) (The Boredom Games)

Who Wins in 3 on 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Voldukie

All Conference
Mar 14, 2002
DC METRO
OK We are having a Duke 3 on 3 Tournament and the Winner will be based on your votes. Teams will be selected by me and listed below.

Game Rules are as Follows
- 8 Teams
-Half Court
-Indoor Gym
-Make It Take It
-Play to 21

Game One (Quarters)

Team '92 (C. Laettner, B. Hurley, G. Hill) vs.
Team '99 ( E. Brand, T. Langdon, W. Avery)

48 hrs to vote- Winner to the Semis

OK We are having a Duke 3 on 3 Tournament and the Winner will be based on your votes. Teams will be selected by me and listed below.

- 8 Teams
-Half Court
-Indoor Gym
-Make It Take It
-Play to 21

Game One (Quarters)

Great thread. OFC

Langdon was my favorite player growing up, but no chance he can go up against Grant. That’s the difference here.

Brand would get his points, but Laettner would too. The real difference is Bobby and Grant are tougher than Trajan and Avery.
Not sure if they’re tougher but they were better. I wonder if you take out Trajan and put in Shane. Shane would be able to D up Grant to an extent but soph Shane isn’t scoring a lick against Grant.

I’ll edit this. Bobby was tougher than Avery.

Not sure if they’re tougher but they were better. I wonder if you take out Trajan and put in Shane. Shane would be able to D up Grant to an extent but soph Shane isn’t scoring a lick against Grant.

I’ll edit this. Bobby was tougher than Avery.
We really are bored. We’ve resorted to debating playing half court 3 on 3 with some of our best teams ever.

Reactions: christophero
But sophomore Avery vs sophomore Hurley would be close. Avery would have been great if he stayed another year. Believe me I know how great Hurley was.

Easy choice. Avery isn’t on Bobby’s level.
I wouldn’t say that. Avery was pretty elite. He shot 50% from the field and 41% from three averaging 15 a game. 5 assist to 2.5 turnovers a game. He was an excellent athlete and pretty solid on ball defender. He’s also going to be bigger than a soph Bobby. Avery had Bobby bested in every stat category outside of, you guessed it, assists where Bobby averaged 7.4.

i think ‘92 wins but the difference is Grant dominates my boy Trajan.

Reactions: christophero

- 8 Teams
-Half Court
-Indoor Gym
-Make It Take It
-Play to 21

Game One (Quarters)

Team 92 will be hard to beat. Depends on the next ywo teams. OFC

In fairness you could have sophomore Laettner vs sophomore Brand. I know that's cheating as we're doing years.

Grant would haveveaten Maggette up. Cory was a good dunker though. OFC

Grant was definitely better all around, but Maggette was no slouch. He was an absolute freak of an athlete.

I watched Maggette live his one year at Duke. The only player that I've seen at Duke that was that outrageously athletic in his freshman year was Zion. Essentially, they weren't freakishly athletic freshmen, they were freakishly athletic college players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT