ADVERTISEMENT

Thank You

Dad2ze

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Feb 8, 2012
This side of the Neuse
To all the people on here who had family serve on this day 74 years ago and during this conflict, Thanks for all you've done. I truly believe had it not been for your hard work, integrity, and downright badassness, this country would not be where it is today. This generation is and always will be the greatest in my opinion. Again, thanks for your sacrifice and service. To the ones that had love ones lost on this day, your service will never be forgotten.

My dad was in the navy and stationed on a ship in the Pacific during Pearl Harbor but was luckily not at Pearl Harbor during the attack.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
To all the people on here who had family serve on this day 74 years ago and during this conflict, Thanks for all you've done. I truly believe had it not been for your hard work, integrity, and downright badassness, this country would not be where it is today. This generation is and always will be the greatest in my opinion. Again, thanks for your sacrifice and service. To the ones that had love ones lost on this day, your service will never be forgotten.

Amen and thanks for he thread. My fathers best friend was stationed there and the only thing he could do was shoot at so low flying zeros with his military issued pistol. You know one of the WW2's motivational motto's was "Remember Pearl Harbor." I feel that many Americans today have no idea of what Pearl Harbor was about and how it changed a generation of Americans. OFC

Amen and thanks for he thread. My fathers best friend was stationed there and the only thing he could do was shoot at so low flying zeros with his military issued pistol. You know one of the WW2's motivational motto's was "Remember Pearl Harbor." I feel that many Americans today have no idea of what Pearl Harbor was about and how it changed a generation of Americans. OFC
My son is 10 and is enthralled with WW2 history. He's read many books and watched many documentaries on this grey generation. I've told him many stories of my grandfather and he understands that those guys were the toughest SOBs ever.

I agree many Americans don't know the determination and guys these guys had. It's so sad that the kids today won't know unless we teach them.

Great thread and post, Dadz. A huge thank you to all veterans everywhere.

My father served in the European theatre of war. Everyone was needed...my dad was 34 years old at the time with 2 sons. And my mother did her part by working as a welder in a shipyard (and taking care of my 2 brothers). Our country came together and everyone gave it their all. That was truly a great generation.

OFC

Sadly this generation is the "politically correct" generation and most kids only care about what they want and could care less about how great this nation once was and what it takes to be a real man or real woman for that matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT