ADVERTISEMENT

Stepping away for a while.

Showenuff

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2006
I got drawn into the thing I hate on this board the worst today. Upset some people I call friend. Don’t know when I’ll post or if I’ll post again. I’ve got so much going on right now anyway. Sky’s, you’ve got my number, stay in touch, you to OAD ! QC. FTB. SKEELOW.

SHOW

I got drawn into the thing I hate on this board the worst today. Upset some people I call friend. Don’t know when I’ll post or if I’ll post again. I’ve got so much going on right now anyway. Sky’s, you’ve got my number, stay in touch, you to OAD ! QC. FTB. SKEELOW.

SHOW
Now that you posted this, I believe I’m out too. Go Duke!

dukefanky, you have my email.

Reactions: DukefanKY
How do I get in on that email chain?

They may get tired of doing this for us but I’m ok if @dukiejay @timo0402 or one of the other mods give you my email. It’s a shame we don’t have PM for this type stuff
If you do get mine, put something in the subject field so that I know what it is and don’t delete it

They may get tired of doing this for us but I’m ok if @dukiejay @timo0402 or one of the other mods give you my email. It’s a shame we don’t have PM for this type stuff
If you do get mine, put something in the subject field so that I know what it is and don’t delete it

No problem!

It’s a shame that a lot of the best posters are choosing to step away from posting on the board indefinitely because some people choose to bring topics on the board that really don’t belong on a college basketball message board. With that said, I probably won’t post too much in the offseason either because there won’t really be any need to if most of if not all of the best posters won’t be here to have fun and interesting conversations with about various topics like for example the conversation that I had with retiredsoldier about my knife collection in the thread about cars, guns & bbq.

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
Show, in the other thread you said that I baited you and that I'm "always throwing it out there." I sincerely don't know what you're talking about - I'm unaware of what I'm always throwing out there. I don't even post on this board much - much less about politics - and I can't recall a time you and I ever had any animosity towards one another. Even in that thread I only replied to one comment of yours.

Everyone stay safe and healthy and if you do go on hiatus make sure you come back for the start of next year.

I enjoy everybody on this board usually and don’t like to see y’all go. I wish we could all disagree and not get upset or offended about it. All the best.

Show, you’ve always been my boy. You have my contact info. A Honkey is always here brother.

I appreciate the hell out of the CTC ticket in ‘18. Loved hanging with you and your daughter and friend.

FYI seeing you with your daughter was beautiful. Reminds me of me and my little girl. I think about it often. You are a good man.

It’s...the....ennnddd of the worlddd as we know itttttt. This is a MESSAGE BOARD gadamn the sensitives. GAL! I gotta 100$ that says errrbody be back...prolly within a day. Ima pop a corona I’m weak!...OVER some NOTHIN BS “what will we do nowwwwww” :rolleyes: No basketball! People pecking keys leavingggg:eek::eek: Boo mf Hoo. I’ll just find a different hobby while I take a shit myself and make money lmao. sue me:cool:

It’s...the....ennnddd of the worlddd as we know itttttt. This is a MESSAGE BOARD gadamn the sensitives. GAL! I gotta 100$ that says errrbody be back...prolly within a day. Ima pop a corona I’m weak!...OVER some NOTHIN BS “what will we do nowwwwww” :rolleyes: No basketball! People pecking keys leavingggg:eek::eek: Boo mf Hoo. I’ll just find a different hobby while I take a shit myself and make money lmao. sue me:cool:
Never change

Somebody had to be the bad guy and say it (who can take the heat) Like a cross between a nursing home and daycare here I swear . hahah

I hope everyone comes back. I think emotions are running high right now. Once everyone has time to process, things will be calmer. I know I felt kind of numb for several hours because I was so excited March Madness was nearly here and then the boom lowers. I think we'll always wonder what might have happened, but ultimately we had a great season and Tre ripped the hearts right out of unc fans. We'll always have the good memories no matter what.

On a side note i think UNC turd is getting let off the hook...AGAIN. I mean think about it, If we ever had a season like that and their record was ours would we be disappointed in the cancelation of the tournament?! :mad: I mean wishing their players away “it couldn’t end soon enough” . “It might as well end for everybody” it couldn’t have worked out any better for them punks as soon as they lose their game. They should have to watch in agony!!! Haha

Reactions: dukesince91
On further consideration, I’m glad Show is gone. Nothing worse than coming to this board after a tough loss and seeing him trash K and our boys. Definitely not a true Duke fan. I say good riddance to his sorry azz.

SHOW

You got it Show. Let things settle down a little. Everythings gonna be alright. OFC

SHOW
ODD has my contact info. Don’t be a stranger. And don’t be gone for long!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
What in the hell happened? I was off the board for a few hours and read this. Can someone link me to the thread that started this?

@DukefanKY @pisgah101 @PixelDevil @skysdad

About 4 different threads starting getting wild. I really can’t say. I couldn’t keep with the updates as fast as they were coming. I think the main two issues were those who thought this virus thing was an overreaction vs who thought it’s way more serious, and then somehow some politics got thrown in, hell I don’t know. All I know for sure is I hate when there are posters here talking sides on something, and I like and respect both posters. Almost like watching two dogs that you love get in a fight and start drawing blood!! Really I think between the virus and the games being shut down, everyone’s emotions are just edgy and if we were in a room talking face to face instead on a board, it never would have gotten so out of hand

On a side note i think UNC turd is getting let off the hook...AGAIN. I mean think about it, If we ever had a season like that and their record was ours would we be disappointed in the cancelation of the tournament?! :mad: I mean wishing their players away “it couldn’t end soon enough” . “It might as well end for everybody” it couldn’t have worked out any better for them punks as soon as they lose their game. They should have to watch in agony!!! Haha
I agree, they should have wallowed in misery until the ACCT and NCAAT were over. They go bailed out.

About 4 different threads starting getting wild. I really can’t say. I couldn’t keep with the updates as fast as they were coming. I think the main two issues were those who thought this virus thing was an overreaction vs who thought it’s way more serious, and then somehow some politics got thrown in, hell I don’t know. All I know for sure is I hate when there are posters here talking sides on something, and I like and respect both posters. Almost like watching two dogs that you love get in a fight and start drawing blood!! Really I think between the virus and the games being shut down, everyone’s emotions are just edgy and if we were in a room talking face to face instead on a board, it never would have gotten so out of hand
Sounds about right. This is why we should all stick to Duke basketball and other common interests.

How do I get in on that email chain?

@dbav
I created a new email that I will post here instead of my normal email address. Shoot me something to this one and I will send you my real one, along with cell, and can give you some of the others info after I clear it with them first if you want @FearTheBeard you too! Anyone else for that matter.

DukeClem2020@yahoo.com

Last edited:
I created that email and it took exactly 2’ to get an email from Amazon! They are all OVER it!!

That’s what I always hated about having a yahoo email address because it seems like you get more spam emails then real emails.

I literally get at least 100 every day. I just delete them as they come so I don’t end up with 10,000 in there. I also started having an issue with getting some kind of maelerdamon error emails coming in all day non stop. Somehow I was able to make them all start going straight to spam

@dbav
I created a new email that I will post here instead of my normal email address. Shoot me something to this one and I will send you my real one, along with cell, and can give you some of the others info after I clear it with them first if you want @FearTheBeard you too! Anyone else for that matter.

DukeClem2020@yahoo.com
email sent.

I have a rule at my bar in my man cave. We can talk about work and sports, cars and women. But politic and church are sensitive matters that are best left for politicians and clergy. Besides they do enough bickering between each other so why should we join in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT