ADVERTISEMENT

Preview for UNC-Duke

With a Roy Williams coached team, they always had a shot at Cameron. But I was shocked how bad they looked the first time. I just don't think Davis has the chops to out coach K in this one. I think we win by 15. Plus we have the better team, and this team is on a roll.

It sure seems to all lean in Duke's favor. But the wildcard is the rivalry. UNC has some upperclassmen who understand and can appreciate the rivalry. It feels like we are playing with incredible confidence recently. If we bring that verve (as coach likes to say) I think we coast to a comfortable double digit win and take Coach K out in style.

UNC can win, but I don't think they will. The only way they can win is if we get away from our game and start jacking up 3's and playing hero ball. We haven't been doing that the last month, so I think we continue to show maturity and win. I wouldn't be surprised to see them jump out to an early lead. Just don't let it stay close late in the game, as then players might tighten up. But it has been nice to see this team mature, and this is another great opportunity. Coach is probably telling the players to remain calm, as if you come out too fired up it can cause you to play badly.

Last edited:
Yep. I would almost rather see Duke come out a little quiet. In my ideal world we have a tight first 15 minutes and UNC leads by 3-5 points. Then we close the first half with 12 to 2 run, and we come out in the second half and bury them.

Someone on 247 mentioned we are 16-1 when AJ scores in double figures. Him playing well in the tournament may determine how far we go. Also Moore has been quietly playing better, which has made us more (ha) consistent.

Of course they can beat us. But, it will take 2-3 of their guys to play really well, and for 1 or 2 to be better than they have shown to be all season. If they win, it will be close, but we could beat them by double digits.

I hope Duke ambushes them again. Nothing better than a hole fan in defeat.

UNX has such match up problems. And when they switch it's even worse. They will want to protect Bacot by putting him on Mark, but that exposes Manek on the perimeter where he is a statue. Put Manek on Mark or Theo, and Bacot will have to guard on the perimeter and risk fouling and there goes their best rebounder.

Only a terrible shooting night, like epically bad, will result in a loss tomorrow.

Reactions: ConorONeill
UNX has such match up problems. And when they switch it's even worse. They will want to protect Bacot by putting him on Mark, but that exposes Manek on the perimeter where he is a statue. Put Manek on Mark or Theo, and Bacot will have to guard on the perimeter and risk fouling and there goes their best rebounder.

Only a terrible shooting night, like epically bad, will result in a loss tomorrow.
Exactly. As versatile as Manek makes their offense, he cripples their defense. And with Dawson Garcia leaving and Justin McKoy being fairly terrible, UNC has to play him.

I've joked with people this season about how it's silly to say "Well [insert any ACC team] just doesn't match up well against Duke" because, I mean, who else has somebody to match up with a 6-10, 250-pound 4-man and a 7-foot 5-man? But it just seems like UNC is particularly ill-suited to defend them.

Not saying this is a non-winnable game for UNC -- Caleb Love seems just as capable of going 2-14 as he is putting up a 10-14 -- but this looks as lopsided on paper as it was on the scoreboard in Chapel Hill.

Reactions: Liftee
Exactly. As versatile as Manek makes their offense, he cripples their defense. And with Dawson Garcia leaving and Justin McKoy being fairly terrible, UNC has to play him.

I've joked with people this season about how it's silly to say "Well [insert any ACC team] just doesn't match up well against Duke" because, I mean, who else has somebody to match up with a 6-10, 250-pound 4-man and a 7-foot 5-man? But it just seems like UNC is particularly ill-suited to defend them.

Not saying this is a non-winnable game for UNC -- Caleb Love seems just as capable of going 2-14 as he is putting up a 10-14 -- but this looks as lopsided on paper as it was on the scoreboard in Chapel Hill.

So, if you're UNC, who would you rather have in foul trouble, Bacot or Manek? In the first meeting, Manek was the only guy giving them a pulse. If Manek is out because of foul trouble, can Bacot score with that kind of efficiency?

I would rather have them both out with foul trouble, but if I had to pick from the Duke perspective, I would rather have Manek out in foul trouble than Bacot. That said, I always get a little nervous playing UNC, so I hope they go up by 20 points in the first few minutes again.

It’s the goats last game at home. I don’t expect any player wearing the Duke jersey to let him down. I would love to see Williams dunk it hard then in unison all at once all five players slap the floor and throw up the fist. In honor of the goat. Set the mood early and send him off right.
I look forward to a loud crowd and K saying ,” damn no better way to leave the floor!” I look forward to Duke to play defense from start to finish and seeing K speechless!

Of course they can beat us. But, it will take 2-3 of their guys to play really well, and for 1 or 2 to be better than they have shown to be all season. If they win, it will be close, but we could beat them by double digits.

I hope Duke ambushes them again. Nothing better than a hole fan in defeat.
82 52 my friend. That’s whatI hope. A great final home game for K as well as letting Cheater U they made a horrible decision in hiring Herbert

Reactions: Mac9192
With a Roy Williams coached team, they always had a shot at Cameron. But I was shocked how bad they looked the first time. I just don't think Davis has the chops to out coach K in this one. I think we win by 15. Plus we have the better team, and this team is on a roll.
Lol. Nostradamus failed you guys.

We won the ACC and will be a 2 seed. All you guys can do is play spoiler. Enjoy I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT