Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters

BluePhil

Cameron Crazy
Jan 28, 2008
Whew!

I thought Bolden would get some burn in the second half. He looked okay out there. Had some mistakes but also some highlights.

Thought about other by going with the team from the offensive effort but danged Luke was Luke again. OFC

I voted other. For the defense. Ha! Just kidding Kennard!

It should go to K. Absolutely shut down Bolden and Giles in the 2nd half. Javin and Chase? He kept them in check the entire game. Amazing. I'm sorry if this pisses anyone off but it is what it is. Start of the season , we all spoke of the talent...the firepower...the depth. Sure , injuries hit. Tough break. But now Duke is ( allegedly ) healthy...or as close to it as they've been in awhile. Despite that , no one plays. 6-deep. That's it. smh

I went Other. You can't look at points alone. Amile and Grayson filled the stat sheet and Frank made an impact. And with the porous defense, I'm not sure anyone person earned it today. A team effort offensively but the defense was awful

Reactions: jcdevilfan
I went Other. You can't look at points alone. Amile and Grayson filled the stat sheet and Frank made an impact. And with the porous defense, I'm not sure anyone person earned it today. A team effort offensively but the defense was awful

The defense was pretty wretched from the opening tip but maybe fresher legs wouldn't have hurt down the stretch if some of the depth we've heard so much about was utilized. Look. K is the GOAT. No question. That doesn't mean he's infallible nor does it mean these issues can't be discussed. Honestly , why would Javin return? Chase too? Bolden , once projected as a OAD , has fallen off the draft boards I've seen but no way he comes back. He'll definitely test the waters anyway. Might be worth it to an NBA team to sign 'im for the minimum. Ya can't teach 6'11" 250. At this point , I think he'd go D-League or Europe before returning. Hate to sound so negative but it is what it is.

I went with Frank because he gave us a big lift today.

Almost did too! What a lift he provided. Luke was fantastic per usual down stretch...Jayson, Matt, had great moments obviously. Even though Grayson's shot was off he dished 6 assts....

However I voted for Amile. Sure he was outplayed by Collins, but look what he gave us! We get that kind of production out of him rest of way we will be quite formidable.Quick shout out to Bolden and Frank too- 18 pts combined from those two were huge in this slugfest!

OFC

All of the choices you guys made are justified in my opinion, it seems like everyone that played came through in one way or the other. For some reason, I really liked the lift that Frank gave us, and the rest that he helped Grayson get. I'll go with Frank, and if I didn't, it would be for "other" this time.
Go Duke!
OFC

Almost did too! What a lift he provided. Luke was fantastic per usual down stretch...Jayson, Matt, had great moments obviously. Even though Grayson's shot was off he dished 6 assts....

However I voted for Amile. Sure he was outplayed by Collins, but look what he gave us! We get that kind of production out of him rest of way we will be quite formidable.Quick shout out to Bolden and Frank too- 18 pts combined from those two were huge in this slugfest!

OFC

One thing I noticed was a lot of Collins baskets were not when amille was guarding him straight up. He got a lot off of garbage points (loose ball, offensive rebounds), two man game with someone, and when duke switched. Think k was willing to give him his points as long as wakes guards didnt go off from 3 or on drive.

OFC
I agree with you about Amile, but in a game where Duke scored 99, Allen took 8 shots, missing 5. Tatum took 11, missed 5, Kennard took 15, missed 6. I listened to K at his post game talk about why they did what they did defensively. I have to agree with some posting here on why Bolden and Giles sat entire half. If nothing was working then why not try something slightly different. Try them 2 to give Jefferson a break, heck put Vrankovic in and let him bang Collins a little. 6 played in 2nd half and they held Wake to 47. Maybe throw zone possession or 2 out of a timeout. Go back to 15 after losing 2 in a row, he played zone against Louisville entire game, and against Virginia he went 1-3-1 to take game. I'm armchair coaching I know but I get some of questioning about yesterday's strategy

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT