ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Gameball Duke vs. VCU

Who gets the Gameball?

• Grayson Allen - 30 pts 6 reb - 3 ast 1 stl 1 blk (3 TOs)

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • Derryck Thornton - 19 pts 1 ast 2 stl (4 PFs)

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Matt Jones - 10 pts - 8 reb - 2 ast - 1 stl (4 TOs)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Amile Jefferson - 6 pts 7 reb - 1 ast 1 stl - 2 blks

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Brandon Ingram - 8 pts - 6 reb - 3 ast - 1 stl - 1 blk

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Derryck played so well, but Grayson showed the heart of a champion by bouncing back like he did. Grayson was terrific, and he has my vote.

OFC

Reactions: JCColsCane
I went with Thornton but the lack of assists concerns me. Grayson played great but I felt that Thornton kept us in it and calmed is down. But if he wants to be the PG, we need more assists

Really pleased with the way Thornton played, big for Duke, but there is no denying Grayson, he was everywhere. You can only give one game ball, and it has to go to Grayson tonight.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

3 turnovers and just 1 assist and 3 PF's for Thornton. 19 points is great but...

it isn't even close, Grayson. Created great shots with 3 assist, 6 rebounds? Oh and a whopping 30, actually going 8-9 from the line? Come on people!

Unfortunately I missed the game tonight because I was trying to get my phone fixed but based on the game stats I voted for Grayson because he scored 30 points...it seems like he got shell shocked because of the game against UK but returned to the type of player tonight that we're going to need him to be.

Grayson. It seemed something clicked in him and he just turned it on. If he continues to play like this and everyone else can play with his heart and willingness to sacrifice themselves for each other. I have no doubt that we will hang another banner.

Grayson played great, but I went with Thornton. I believe he is turning the corner. The team runs smoother with him at the point, he just needs to get his assists up, & I believe that is coming!

OFC

3 turnovers and just 1 assist and 3 PF's for Thornton. 19 points is great but...

it isn't even close, Grayson. Created great shots with 3 assist, 6 rebounds? Oh and a whopping 30, actually going 8-9 from the line? Come on people!

Grayson for sure. No doubt about it, but Thornton had 1 assist because no one, and I do mean no one could hit a shot, not even free throws. No one was moving off ball, feet weren't set for shots.

We won. Dear God we won, but we almost win by 20 if we hit a few shots or make 70% of our free throws.

I harp on this because this team can and will be pretty good by year's end, but we need some work on the fundamentals.

Grayson gets it because he strapped this team on his back. No wonder his hamstring was bothering him.

Reactions: crazyduke3
ESPN changed it - they did have it listed as 1 assist. I was about to wonder whether they change the rules on assists lol.

Haha either way, he might have had 10 if we shot how we will by the end of the year.

Thornton has the talent to be Duke pg. Almost like a qb in the NFL needing game experience and reps to understand the speed of the game. Give him time to develop and learn coach K system. Watch out because Grayson is better off the ball attacking which should allow more space for others.

I can't not go w/ the guy who scored 30. As for what is a more hopeful sign for the type of year the team will have... Derryck would be an easy choice... but I'll still go w/ Grayson b/c in addition to scoring 30, he did so right after a game where he played so badly he got symbolically removed from the starting line-up, and while hitting all kinds of shots missing from that terrible game.

One game after his career high in scoring, rebounds, and blocks, Marshall was benched for match-up reasons. Despite his first non-double-double (and no double figures at all, for that matter) of the year, Amile's single-post play was also crucial to our second half comeback. He is one of those beloved Duke players whose value so surpasses his stats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT