POLL: Gameball Duke Vs. Iona - NCAAT

Who gets the gameball?

• Wendell Carter, Jr.: 9pts - 8 reb - 2 ast - 2 stl - 1 blk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marvin Bagley, III.: 22 pts - 7 reb - 1 ast - 1 stl

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Grayson Allen: 16 pts - 4 reb - 9 ast - 1 stl

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Trevon Duval: 19 pts - 1 reb - 8 ast (4 TO)

Votes: 30 71.4%
  • Gary Trent, Jr. 16 pts - 6 reb - 1 ast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think Grayson had 1 turnover to his 9 assist. Very solid game by EVERYBODY but Grayson.

The starters all played well. First time I can remember where each one of them had a good game. I'm going with Trevon but I think Grayson is a totally reasonable choice and I wouldn't really argue against Bagley either.
Five more. Just five more...

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
This is a tough one and that's not bad! Great team effort, and since we need to pick one, I am going to go with Trevon, mainly because of the timing of his 3's, and the fact that he nailed them. He was dared to take them and he did. Great for his confidence, and RI better hope he doesn't nail them again.
When you think of his 4 TO's, he also had 8 assists, which is a 2-1 ratio. He is high risk, high reward, and that's just the way it is.
Shout out to Grayson, Bags, Bolden, Gary, and Wendell (playing through injury). 1-0 with 5 to go!
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
just hope he does not get carried away with shooting 3's and get away from what we need him to do.

We need him to probably shoot 2 early ones. If he misses both then he doesn’t need to shoot another the rest of that game. No more than 5 OPEN 3s though

Hard to really vote for just one guy.

Marvin was his usual self, which is pretty good.

Grayson played within himself. I like when he hunts for his teammates and himself. He did that yesterday.

Trevon....I mean what can you say? He was fantastic. I'd like to see the four turnovers come down a bit, but I think yesterday was a boost for his confidence.

Both Gary and Wendell were productive. I liked seeing Gary be more aggressive with the ball than just settling for outside shots. Obviously, Wendell's minutes were a bit limited with the lopsided score, but he still made an impact.

The bench provided relief too. A great team win....and a great job by five players making a fist. That's what we need this team to do going forward.

Have to give it to Duval as well. Very important that he plays under control and is very steady.
I'm sure he reads our posts, so now that he knows that we are all behind him and gave him the game ball, he will probably play really well from here on in, or at least I hope he does.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT