ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Cam Reddish.

Would you be happy if he returned for a sophomore season?

• Total voters

LetsGoDuke301

Cameron Crazy
Apr 4, 2009
Wilmington, NC
First. I have typed Cam Reddish so many times and my phone still wants me to say Cam Newton and Reddish isn't even an option until the second "D". WTH?

Anyways, there is a lot of venom being thrown his way by some of us. As disappointing as he may have been this year, does that make you not want him back?

Personally, I would welcome him back in a minute. And obviously it is a hypothetical question seeing how it won't be playing out anyways.

His defense was stellar. Another season where he is the focal point and I think he'll have a season like Grayson's sophomore year. Unfortunately, we'll never get to see that.

Hell yeah! He's the very definition of a guy who blows up his second year. Ain't happening though.

Reactions: Quavarius
Every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

Lots of raw emotion on the board right now. I feel much better today. Here's hoping others find peace soon too.

Anyone that says no to this is an idiot. Reddish would be one of the best college players in the country next season, he would be so much more than a guy "oozing" with potential.

But he ain't coming back. There is a better chance that a poster on here is suiting up for Duke next season than Cam suiting up.

Anyone that says no to this is an idiot. Reddish would be one of the best college players in the country next season, he would be so much more than a guy "oozing" with potential.

But he ain't coming back. There is a better chance that a poster on here is suiting up for Duke next season than Cam suiting up.
So far no one wants to go on record as saying no anyways.

Would love to see him come back but he isn't...and no way of I'm an NBA GM would I draft him in the lottery either

Would depend honestly. Would he buy in and bust it everyday? He’s not coming back so it doesn’t natter but by coming back he would show he’s willing to do what it takes

Absolutely. Have the whole summer to improve and come in next year as the go to guy with some experience. If you don’t like that then you’re crazy.
With that being said he’s not coming back. And i can’t blame him

I don’t believe Cam is coming back either for the record, but hypothetically speaking it wouldn’t be the worst decision in the world for him. He and Tre were the closest of the freshmen coming in so I think Tre deciding to come back would be a big factor. That plus the team would revolve around Cam, the floor would be spaced with a ton of good shooting and our big man, Carey, being able to hit the 3 as well. I would take Cam in a second over Hurt and if he becomes the consistent star we saw flashes of this season I could see him going high in next years relatively weak draft class and potentially make him more money than if he slipped later into the 1st round.

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft
Updated as of today.

Pretty clear that Zion, RJ, and Morant will be the top 3 picks.
After those 3 though????There is an argument that Cam still has the most potential of anyone else and should probably be going 4th or 5th.
Rui at #4, PLEASE that's comical, I think Brandon Clarke from Gonzaga will be the better NBA Player anyway.
Keldon Johnson over Cam? LMAO.
I'll listen to Coby White over Cam though, that's a pretty good debate.

I've read that Cam's lack of motor and inconsistency has turned off a lot of NBA GM's. He's getting hit pretty hard right now due to our March failures. He also seems like the guy who will measure amazing at the combine and be right back in the top 5.

Did I miss Tre's name on that draft list?

Can't see Cam Johnson as a pro unless he toughens up. Definitely the shooter but not much toughness.

Just a thought and i know it won’t happen but Tre and cam were the original package deal as you would say. Rj was still a junior and Zion didn’t seem realistic. They sort of came in thinking they’d be the guys but then we got Rj and Zion. And i don’t wanna make it seem like they were jealous or anything because i think they welcome Zion and Rj with open arms but wouldn’t it be so nice to see them together come back and improve on their weaknesses and be the go to guys on the team next year like they thought they would be originally? That’d be awesome. It won’t happen but just a thought. Fun to dream

Did I miss Tre's name on that draft list?

Can't see Cam Johnson as a pro unless he toughens up. Definitely the shooter but not much toughness.

Didn't see Tre listed in either round. Who wouldn't be happy if Cam returned? That's crazy. It would be awesome and he wouldn't be second or third fiddle. I think his game would flourish. All that said, I doubt he returns.

I am not a Cam fan as much as most, but I will say I appreciated his commitment to defense even when he wasnt scoring. If he were to come back, I'd welcome him and think he'd find his shot like Kennard did his second year.

Would love for him to come back.

You know how people always talk about the game moving too fast for someone?

That's what it always looked like with Cam... like, the game hadn't "slowed down" for him yet.

With a bit more time, I am sure it would.

Cam needs to stay and develop confidence and assertiveness in his game. The potential is there, but he needs a consistent season to back it up. I think at times with the RJ/Zion tandem running amuck on the court; it seemed Cam was left wondering where he fits in, which IMO left him out of rhythm on the offensive end. That said, I would love to see him come back and become the offensive threat he is capable of.

I’d love to have him back and I think he should. Unfortunately freshman aren’t allowed to play like freshman anymore since we are so reliant on them. He had good games and bad games. He was inconsistent and has a lot to work on like most non-super human freshman lol.

I am not a Cam fan as much as most, but I will say I appreciated his commitment to defense even when he wasnt scoring. If he were to come back, I'd welcome him and think he'd find his shot like Kennard did his second year.

exactly in regards to Kennard...his 3pt shooting had more pressure because of his limited attempts...kennards 2nd season, he and Tatum were the focal point and he got more shot attempts....same w/ reddish, he had limited attempts so going 2-8 or 2-9 made you scratch your head, but Cam as a top-2 option getting 15-20 shots a game, i feel could easily have many 9-20, 11-20, 7-16 type games

The offensive comparison to Luke and Cam is actually a really good one. We all knew Luke wasn't as bad a shooter as his numbers suggested during his freshman season, but like Cam, they both had the ability to go off at any given minute. Both were just incredibly inconsistent their first season. The reason Cam saw the floor more was because of his ability to guard. That's one area where Luke showed little improvement....even during his sophomore year.

Reactions: jwill133
I really believe he just could not find his groove being the 3rd wheel. I honestly believe that if he came back and he was our workhorse and number 1 option we would see a totally different player but as someone has already mentioned that will not happen

If Cam stayed, with his measurables, he’d be the number one pick next season, granted his offense improved, which it absolutely would. That’s a difference of potentially $6-9 over two years and almost $20 million over 4. It’s at least worth it to entertain that thought.

If Cam stayed, with his measurables, he’d be the number one pick next season, granted his offense improved, which it absolutely would. That’s a difference of potentially $6-9 over two years and almost $20 million over 4. It’s at least worth it to entertain that thought.

Isnit really that much more money? That’s wild. He probably would benefit from being the man vs 3rd

Reactions: dukehokie

I don’t know about suiting up and playing, but there’s def some posters that think they can suit up and coach.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS and Jtre
I think Cam definitely underwhelmed this year. Now was that because he simply wasn't as good as advertised or because we have Zion and RJ playing right alongside him to compare him to? That I'm not sure. I have no doubt that Cam would benefit from another year here. I'm sure Duke would benefit. Having said that, and I know this has been alluded to throughout the season, but something about Cam's demeanor has just always seemed off to me. Then there was the thing with him surprising K and not playing in the S16. I'll admit it could totally be in my head. Maybe Cam would relish being "the guy" next year. Or maybe he'd hate the thought of being the one to not go to the NBA and need another year.

So far no one wants to go on record as saying no anyways.
Oh, I'll be happy to, if it's true that he opted out at the last minute due to discomfort (rather than new injury). I suspect that's true, given everything I've heard and read, so there's just no way I'd want someone like that on the team.

Reactions: pisgah101
Oh, I'll be happy to, if it's true that he opted out at the last minute due to discomfort (rather than new injury). I suspect that's true, given everything I've heard and read, so there's just no way I'd want someone like that on the team.

Yep

I voted to have him. But the sweet 16 game is still a bit of mystery. If it’s found that he could have played, but didn’t, I would prefer he take his talents on to the next level.
The only issue I had with him up to then was consistency on offense.

Reactions: pisgah101
Would depend honestly. Would he buy in and bust it everyday? He’s not coming back so it doesn’t natter but by coming back he would show he’s willing to do what it takes
Wouldn’t expect anything less from you. Moron

Anybody that even hesitated about this is....I’ll just say is with that guy^ Hahaha gezzz “if he comes to play” “mehhhh blah blah” :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT