ADVERTISEMENT

Plumlee, Amile, jones

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
thank you guys for showing up and giving it ALL you had tonight!!! I'm proud of all three of y'all!We have three great upperclassmen let's hope and pray the rest of the guys catch on or at least fight the rest of the year.
Go Duke!!
P.s. We have the best in the business trying to figure it out get em coach!

Last edited:
Our experience led us tonight and I look at that as very positive. The young guys will eventually pick up on it and we will do well. The season is young and it has a long way to go. Still with as bad as we did play we had plenty of chances to come back and win. OFC

Good post. Matt is going to be Matt this year, he will be constant. But Marshall/Amile, the way they played last night was huuuuuuuge! As I said in another post, if they can sustain that type of play all year, stay healthy and out of foul trouble, it is going to being very interesting come March/April. Even with this loss, they gave my expectations a big boost!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
I came away from last night with optimism rather than pessimism. You never know how a team is going to respond after losing so much talent the year before. Guys like Marshall, Amile and Matt showed very well that they are capable of legitimate production not just the intangibles that don't show up in the box score. The frosh and Grayson have a lot of growing to do before March that is certainly clear, but I would be more worried if our veterans were over matched as compared to our frosh. I'm confident that guys like DT and Ingram and Jeter and Kennard will be much better college players after a year of seasoning under the best coach in America.

The final score of last night will not impact where this team will be 3-4 months from now. Yes our frosh under-performed and yes our veterans were simply gassed based on how many minutes each guy had to play, especially Plumlee. But just because last year's group was ready to shine from the first game on doesn't mean that is the norm, it certainly is not. I'm confident if we stay hungry and are receptive to coaching we will be where we want come March.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I agree with previous post, we have great leadership from the captains and the luxury of having the BEST college coach in the business. We fans will just have keep the faith and understand there will be some tough losses this yr. I think this team figures it out and we have a great March. GO DUKE!!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
thank you guys for showing up and giving it ALL you had tonight!!! I'm proud of all three of y'all!We have three great upperclassmen let's hope and pray the rest of the guys catch on or at least fight the rest of the year.
Go Duke!!
P.s. We have the best in the business trying to figure it out get em coach!

The leadership was great, and all three played terrific games. That said, I think everyone else was giving all they had last night too....but it was just one of those nights. Grayson had a tough start to the game and it messed with him mentally. BI got in foul trouble and turned complacent. Luke got good looks he couldn't knock down. It was just one of those nights.

The leadership was great, and all three played terrific games. That said, I think everyone else was giving all they had last night too....but it was just one of those nights. Grayson had a tough start to the game and it messed with him mentally. BI got in foul trouble and turned complacent. Luke got good looks he couldn't knock down. It was just one of those nights.

Yeah, I think our guys gave good effort, but it just didn't carry over into a good performance. Stuff happens, and UK was a part of the stuff.

OFC

Reactions: Tlass
Our captains played pretty well. Especially proud of Marshall, a young man many didn't think we do anything here and was a favor scholarship. Love watching this kid.

I also thought we had pretty good effort from most everybody last night it just was a bad game for a lot of players.

The only time I thought our effort was disappointing was on transition defense. But a very good experience for a young team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT