ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Baldwin to commit tomorrow

It will be nice to get an answer. Still think we could use one more guy as we always seem to get a few injuries. To replace Coleman. I know we got Jones but I mean someone who will play.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
If we got Baldwin I'd say our talent level would be similar to the Bagley and Zion teams. Otherwise we will be more like the Carey team, maybe slightly better imo.

Have to disagree with the without comparison Chris. Paolo probably better than Carey. Could be much better. Mark light years ahead of anyone other big on that team. AJ also way better than any other forward wing on that team. Junior Wndell should be a ton better than frosh Wendell. Hopefully Keels is equal overall to Cassius. Only spot this team is worse is at the point. Roach and Blakes are not gonna be equal to Tre and Jordan. That said, this team wont need a PG as much as Tre's team. Hope I am right if we dont get Baldwin. Hope even more that we get him and it is a moot point.

Reactions: christophero
I hear you but after last year I am no longer glass half full on unknown things. Most people had us preseason top 10 last year. We will definitely be better, but without Baldwin we may struggle shooting it. We lost our 2 best shooters, off a team that didn't shoot that well, so we have a lot to prove. Freshman often struggle shooting from outside. So even with Baldwin we could struggle with shooting, but we'd be better.

Last edited:
I feel good about the team with or without Baldwin. I can't remember a team with as many guys who can play multiple positions. It all depends on Roach being much improved, or else we are back to mixing and matching at point. Otherwise we are solid all around. And Baldwin won't help on the point guard issue.

Welp, let’s see what happens. I will be ecstatic if he commits. I won’t be too heart broken if he doesn’t.

Reactions: sheyduke
I feel good about the team with or without Baldwin. I can't remember a team with as many guys who can play multiple positions. It all depends on Roach being much improved, or else we are back to mixing and matching at point. Otherwise we are solid all around. And Baldwin won't help on the point guard issue.
W. Moore is the backup PG.

I'm going to trust Joey and Roach with the bulk of outside shooting. The addition of Baldwin gives DUKE some consistent scoring and mismatches.

Has anyone heard the Nolan Hickman considering Duke rumors? They are just rumors, but he is friends with Banchero. He is a top 25 point guard/SG who decommited from Kentucky. I think we are set at PG, but there is some talk. Some think he will end up at Gonzaga or Washington or Arizona. He's from Utah.

Last edited:
This would be a huge get for Duke. Might get us over the hump to Final Four team. I think without him we are sweet 16-elite eight. We still could be final four, but this will really help with our shooting questions.

He's going to put a hat on that says "I'm still not sure."
I'm starting to think he stays with his dad.

• Haha
Reactions: Duke Blu
I hear you but after last year I am no longer glass half full on unknown things. Most people had us preseason top 10 last year. We will definitely be better, but without Baldwin we may struggle shooting it. We lost our 2 best shooters, off a team that didn't shoot that well, so we have a lot to prove. Freshman often struggle shooting from outside. So even with Baldwin we could struggle with shooting, but we'd be better.
Chris agree about the perimeter shooting. Definitely needs to improve. Keels will help on that front, but Baldwin would help solidify it.

OFC

Reactions: christophero
My prediction: Baldwin will pick whoever he picks.
It’s amazing that with a little over an hour before he announces, no Crystal Ball predictions have started coming through either last night or this morning. I can’t recall a recruit who’s gotten this close to his commitment time, and the “so called” experts have no idea which way he’s leaning an hour out from announcing.

Starting to worry me that the only way he’s able to keep it this quiet is if he’s going to play for his dad. We will see.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke83
Do you think the rumors that pops was about to be fired were leaked by the school as pressure for him to stay home? Obviously they cant fire him AFTER they land their best recruit ever as the NCAA will just let him out of the scholly and he will end up elsewhere. Sort of a...get him here or else kinda message?

I just can't figure out why he waited so long. To be sure his Dad didn't get fired? But they were never going to fire him so long as he brought in their top recruit ever. Now he's guaranteed to play on a bad team until mid March when their season ends.

Remember Ray McCallum Jr. McDonald's AA who did the same....didn't work out so well for him.. good luck Patrick

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT