ADVERTISEMENT

Our dear friends down 15-501

dukeparrot

All Conference
Apr 28, 2005
I went to the Clemson - UNCheat game last night. Watching Ol Roy's Boys in person was enlightening and added to some things I've noticed watching them on TV

Unless the guy in the dadgum ugly plaid jacket can coach 'em up, I think the boys in faded blue will be lucky to win 2 games in NCAAT

1) They have no heart. The only person who seems to avoid the Cowardly Lion syndrome is Theo Pinson and he hurt his shoulder 2 minutes in. If he is out for extended time, they are in big trouble

2) Cam Johnson is a smooth player on offense. Nice jumper from mid range out to beyond the arc. Good passer and nice court vision. Unfortunately, he plays absolutely no defense at all and got torched by Clemson non stop

3) Luke Maye plays hard and has a sneaky set of moves to complement an effective set shot with range. He goes to the boards hard and effectively pushes off without ever getting called. (A classic UNC trait) You definitely don't want to play against him in the Y in a couple of years, but I think teams have figured him out and he's not that hard to contain

4) Joel Berry is a very nice player but he as spells of meh and spells of lights out scoring. Defensively he's average but their bigs hedge really hard and high to help cover up some of his deficiency on ball screen D.

5) Kenny Williams is a pretty sound defender. Not sure he's taken more than one shot in a game in his life. They don't look for him and when he gets it he immediately looks to reverse it or post entry.

6) The rest of the team is very young and hasn't developed into anything useful yet. Manley is getting better but he looks a lot like Marques did last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News