ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Duke Lacrosse 2017

Absolutely adore the Fowler family !!!

So pleased to see Danny step up his game and lead the Devils to this big "w"

In a couple of years, Duke will be getting another Jack Moran coached kid in cage....Andrew Bonafede.

As a proud alum of the former, I love the Chaminade to Durham bridge that Coach D. has established.

In a couple of years, Duke will be getting another Jack Moran coached kid in cage....Andrew Bonafede.

As a proud alum of the former, I love the Chaminade to Durham bridge that Coach D. has established.

The Fowler family is first class! They're just fantastic people and teammates. A lot of buzz about Bonafede! Dino loves those LI boys and definitely has connections with the elite travel programs from that hotbed.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
Hell of a win yesterday. Loved how our D played and the production we got from our middies. This young team is growing up fast.

Caputo taking over the defense early in the season was great for this team. He simplified things and has identified Cade van Raaphorst as the lock down pole. They sure are growing up fast and were one gb away from possibly being 3-0 in the ACC with UVA next.

Son of a friend of mine (yes, another Long Islander) has offers from Duke and UVA, among some others. Seems fanatical about Duke, which of course I am encouraging.
OFC

Does he attend Chaminade High School? Saw their lax team two weeks ago, quite an impressive squad.

Son of a friend of mine (yes, another Long Islander) has offers from Duke and UVA, among some others. Seems fanatical about Duke, which of course I am encouraging.
OFC
Good to hear, UVA will be an interesting program to watch over the next few years. Lars Tiffany has an extremely fun and exciting style of play and will be attractive to kids from high octane programs. My son, who plays attack prefers uptempo games and box or small field 7v7.

Reactions: Willcampbell

Jack Moran is one solid guy! My father is a Chaminade alum and even though I didn't attend, Coach Moran helped us tremendously during recruiting period back in the '90's.

Reactions: ramlogistics
I take that Chaminade family philosophy....The brother (or son) of my bother is still my brethren whether you went to the Nade or not.

Really excited about the current junior class....Might be one of the best cohorts we have had in my 20 years following the team as a student and fan.

When you add in Michael O'Connell and FOGO extraordinaire, Ty Sanoval, next year, we have the potential to contend for a Natty.

Off from work this week, so I am going to arrive early and watch both JV and Varsity play on Wednesday.

Absolutely inspirational and breathtaking seeing the Blue & White honoring former Devil Jimmy Regan with the camouflage helmets and his name on the back of all jerseys.

Duke lights up the scoreboard with a season-high 20 goals as Guterding (6 goals, 4 assists) and Bruckner (6 goals, 2 assists) outscored the visiting UVA Cavaliers by themselves.

Fowler had a strong 1st half and was ok in the last 30 minutes, finishing with 11 saves and a .500 save percentage....Kind of hard for everyone to stay motivated when you are firmly in control from opening whistle to final buzzer.

Great seeing another Chaminade kid, Sean Cerrone (1 goal) get some increased playing time on a day where his fellow alum [Regan] was on everyone's mind and in their hearts.

With just Marquette remaining in the regular season, the Dukies have the #2 seed in the conference tourney sewn up...If I read the standings correctly, looks like they will have the Heels in the semis...Just like last time, I think we will break them with our constant pressure attack.

Great win over UVA. I have a question, though. Schedule has us playing Penn the day between the ACC semis and ACC finals. The time is listed as TBA. Does that mean we cancel if we make it to the finals? Why schedule that game in the first place?
OFC

Great win over UVA. I have a question, though. Schedule has us playing Penn the day between the ACC semis and ACC finals. The time is listed as TBA. Does that mean we cancel if we make it to the finals? Why schedule that game in the first place?
OFC
That's only on the schedule if we didn't qualify for the ACC Tournament. UVA is playing Penn in that game instead. We're facing the winner of Notre Dame and UNC in the first round now that we're the 2 seed.

Reactions: Willcampbell
Always a great scene when they pay tribute to JR10, this year was the best so far in my opinion. Gut and Bruck were fantastic and Danny made some incredible saves. Some of the second half goals weren't on him, I blame the coaches for two or three of them due to college coaches being so obsessed with subbing offense and defensive middies. These kids are good enough to leave on the field to slow transition, then make the changes. The staff has this team clicking at the right time and playing like a real title contender. I still feel we need more consistent contributions from Smith and Cerrone. The young mids, Quigly and Walsh are playing great on offense and Lindsay's doing a great job as SSDM when Zenker is resting. Cade becoming a lock down defender has been huge for the team, maybe a much as Caputo taking the reigns of the defense and simplifying things. Love where this team is at!

The 5th place ACC team always plays an Ivy school on the Saturday of the tournament.

Hell of a win. Love how we seem to be peaking. Can't wait for the game on Saturday against OSU

Honestly have to say that game surprised me after the ND game. Dino has stated on several occasions that this young team needed to be coached more than any recent team. Looks like the ND game provided them some teachable moments and man have they responded. They scrimmaged Ohio St preseason and got handled, of course Rowe didn't play and Dino used different combinations. Will be interesting to see how we handle their overall strength.

Was not our day today, but as a whole, my sentiments on the season is very positive.

We were so young in many areas and return so many players in 2018 and be beyond that I cannot help but believe that it will not be a long wait before we are back playing during Memorial Day Weekend!!!

If my man, Danny Fowler (if he is coming back for a 5th year) gets a little more consistent in cage and freshmen and sophomores continue to make strides during the off-season, there is no reason why we cannot be hoisting hardware as early as a year from now.

Reactions: skysdad
Was not our day today, but as a whole, my sentiments on the season is very positive.

We were so young in many areas and return so many players in 2018 and be beyond that I cannot help but believe that it will not be a long wait before we are back playing during Memorial Day Weekend!!!

If my man, Danny Fowler (if he is coming back for a 5th year) gets a little more consistent in cage and freshmen and sophomores continue to make strides during the off-season, there is no reason why we cannot be hoisting hardware as early as a year from now.
Couldn't agree more, in some regards this team somewhat overachieved with all the youth. I know Danny was accepted into Fuqua, I do not recall him redshirting or having an injury so how would he have a 5th year?

There will be some big news regarding the coaching staff coming. If the staff wasn't already the best in the nation this addition will put them over the top.

Assuming this was about Crotty coming on board. Absolutely love it! Hope all is well Ram!
Completely off topic but UNC fans claim that they will destroy the NCAA in court if hit with any significant sanstions because they violated due process.My layman understanding is that you waive certain rights if you voluntarily join a private organization.As an attorney how do you feel about this?

Completely off topic but UNC fans claim that they will destroy the NCAA in court if hit with any significant sanstions because they violated due process.My layman understanding is that you waive certain rights if you voluntarily join a private organization.As an attorney how do you feel about this?
I'd need to look into it more, but I believe that is the case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT