ADVERTISEMENT

New recruit--Trendon Watford

Honestly never heard of him until now, but then again I only keep up with the players Duke is heavily recruiting.

I wonder if Jack's RS wasn't burned to demonstrate what is (or isn't) on Duke's roster next year.

2019, McDonald's All-American

Don't have a link but apparently we're going to see him tomorrow.

Most think that he ends up at Memphis. He’s been very tight with Mike Miller (former UF Gator & Grizzlies b-ball player) who is on Penny’s staff. Another possibility is LSU.

Us jumping on Watford this late in the game would seem to say more about where we stand with Hurt versus anything to do with Baker.

Most think that he ends up at Memphis. He’s been very tight with Mike Miller (former UF Gator & Grizzlies b-ball player) who is on Penny’s staff. Another possibility is LSU.

Us jumping on Watford this late in the game would seem to say more about where we stand with Hurt versus anything to do with Baker.
Prolly just a backup plan in case Hurt were not to come to Duke

Imo
Boogie/goldwire
Moore/aoc
Hurt/baker
Watford/white
Carey/javin
If Tre were to leave for the NBA I’m pretty confident that we get RJ Hampton so RJ would start before Boogie does. I could actually see aoc starting over Moore also.

Just dont see what Bolden has to gain by coming back. Idk why yall dont believe in boogie he is a 5 star this dude is hungry, we dont need rj Hampton

There is a 0% chance Boogie or Goldwire is the starting Duke PG next year. I'm very excited for Boogie, but there's a problem, he isn't a PG.

1- Tre/RJ Hampton (if Tre leaves)/Goldwire
2. AOC/Boogie
3. Moore/Baker
4. Hurt/White/Baker
5. Carey/Javin

As far as Watford goes, I REALLY like the clips of him. Seems very versatile, and may even stay a few years.
Would definitely be a starter by year 2.
Priorities for next year.....
1. Who is the starting PG
2. Hurt
3. Watford

Last edited:
There is a 0% chance Boogie or Goldwire is the starting Duke PG next year. I'm very excited for Boogie, but there's a problem, he isn't a PG.

1- Tre/RJ Hampton (if Tre leaves)/Goldwire
2. AOC/Boogie
3. Moore/Baker
4. Hurt/White/Baker
5. Carey/Javin

As far as Watford goes, I REALLY like the clips of him. Seems very versatile, and may even stay a few years.
Would definitely be a starter by year 2.
Priorities for next year.....
1. Who is the starting PG
2. Hurt
3. Watford

Recruiting updates this year have indicated that Boogie has done better WRT to team running this year as he's been asked to do more of it.
As for RJH, I'm beginning to think he wants his senior year of HS. Further, I'm not sure if he's that interested in sharing a draft class with Cole Anthony.
I think Duke fans, myself included, who penciled RJH in as Duke's starter after he reclassifies the instant Tre leaves, were indulging in wishful thinking. He's said, and fairly consistently recently, that he WON'T reclassify. And we've all dismissed those statements. He might mean that ish. We might have to roll with Boogie as the starting PG. Further, Moore is very much a do-it-all kind of wing. A point forward if you will. While I harbor doubts that Boogie can excel as a PG, I think he can be good enough with Moore as his running mate.
Further, I truly expect next year's team to have far superior 3pt shooting. Possibly with all 5 players on the court being deadly (relative to their positions) shooters. With a few capable shooters off the bench. As such, a team running PG becomes less important.

We're gonna be good again next year. :)

The nation at large will be down next year. Almost every top team will lose significant talent. UVA loses a few guys that will make their O a little less dynamic, and that will make their D WAY LESS dynamic. UNC graduates/loses to graduation essentially their entire forward rotation, and maybe White. Without Cole Anthony, they might not be in the top tier of the ACC next year. Kansas.....Who knows. Their roster is in so much flux it is essentially random. UT loses a bunch of folks to graduation. Ditto the Zags (add some early entry losses there as well).
UK figures to be very, very good. Unless Hagans gets dumb and goes pro this year. But the guys they lose are replaced via recruiting, handily IMO, and they'll have a stable of quality and experienced bigs. That might be your number 1 going into the season. EJ Washington's recent upswing could lead him into early entry, but should that happen I think UK has some options. If he goes pro, and the other options don't pan out, then UK might not be as strong as I think the could/should be.
Duke should have a number of quality shooters to spread the court. Unlike years where we had good shooters but no inside presence, we'll have a guy down low that can score and will draw attention. I am worried, and possibly VERY WORRIED, about defense next year. That could turn into a glaring Achilles Heel come March next year.

Imo
Boogie/goldwire
Moore/aoc
Hurt/baker
Watford/white
Carey/javin

Just don’t see us taking Hurt and Watford both. If Tre stays or RJ comes, the lineup will be more like this:

RJ/ Goldwire
AOC/ Boogie
Moore/ Baker
Hurt/ White
Carey/ Javin

What happens with Bolden. We could use his size because we would be really small if Carey is in foul trouble.

Just don’t see us taking Hurt and Watford both. If Tre stays or RJ comes, the lineup will be more like this:

RJ/ Goldwire
AOC/ Boogie
Moore/ Baker
Hurt/ White
Carey/ Javin

What happens with Bolden. We could use his size because we would be really small if Carey is in foul trouble.

But what about Bolden? He and Carey simply cannot coexist on the court together. Offensively, surrounded by shooter? Maybe. But defensively that would be a full on disaster.

Back up plan in case we don't get Hurt. But I'm thrilled if we get one of these two guys.

Check out Cassius Stanley from Bagleys high school. Another Duke recruit for 19.

Is this a new development? I hadn't heard Duke connected to Cassius before but I'd be happy as hell if it's true.
Yes, it's a new development. Just went out to see him a few days ago. Older guy due to a few school changes, but definitely somebody they are recruiting now.

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. Cassius is a heck of a player hopefully these leads to something.

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. Cassius is a heck of a player hopefully these leads to something.
Np man. Yeah its crazy because I was looking at Boogie Ellis playoff loss highlights on you tube. When I read some of the comments, they were talking about how Cassius Stanley destroyed them the next game. So I started watching his highlights. Dude is legit, even though he is like 20 already lol. Would be a great pickup for sure.

I'm gonna definitely take a look at those Boogie Ellis highlights too, I really think hes gonna be a player. It's kinda interesting though that new names are popping up this late hopefully we can make up ground with these guys.

I'm gonna definitely take a look at those Boogie Ellis highlights too, I really think hes gonna be a player. It's kinda interesting though that new names are popping up this late hopefully we can make up ground with these guys.
Yeah, Boogie is going to be a problem. More like the sleeper that will surprise some people in due time. I think Duke is sitting pretty good right now.

Reactions: Whitefolk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT