ADVERTISEMENT

New Rankings

How is Kansas currently a one seed in Lunardi's bracketology? They've lost six games, they don't look all that great at least in the games I've seen, and they've even struggled at home this year, which they never do.

I'm not saying Duke should replace Kansas, although I think Duke should be in the conversation. But I think both Duke and Michigan State should be ahead of Kansas, at a minimum. Lunardi has both Duke and MSU as #2 seeds.

Kenpom has MSU 2, Duke 3, and Kansas 11.
AP has MSU 2, Duke 5, and Kansas 8.

What am I missing about Kansas? Did they have an impact player hurt for most of their losses who has now returned? Is Lunardi a Kansas alum? What is it???

How is Kansas currently a one seed in Lunardi's bracketology? They've lost six games, they don't look all that great at least in the games I've seen, and they've even struggled at home this year, which they never do.

I'm not saying Duke should replace Kansas, although I think Duke should be in the conversation. But I think both Duke and Michigan State should be ahead of Kansas, at a minimum. Lunardi has both Duke and MSU as #2 seeds.

Kenpom has MSU 2, Duke 3, and Kansas 11.
AP has MSU 2, Duke 5, and Kansas 8.

What am I missing about Kansas? Did they have an impact player hurt for most of their losses who has now returned? Is Lunardi a Kansas alum? What is it???

They can say RPI doesn't matter much anymore, but they're using Kansas' W-L vs RPI top 50 and RPI top 100 to justify them being ahead of both Duke and MSU. We'll see if the committee continues to use RPI W-L, even though they say RPI ranking itself doesn't matter much anymore.

Reactions: PHXDukie
The RPI kind of sucks. Just look at the current RPI rankings. Gonzaga is 45th and Buffalo is 30th. I'm not so sure about that. It weights UVA's offense as significantly worse than Loyola-Chicago's. There are too many strange number things going on. I think the lack of human input really hurts it late in the season.

Or is he? Here y'all are mentioning him by name. That's the game these talking heads play to get media mentions.

Considering I don't look at his brackets at all I'd say a couple mentions on an obscure message board aren't helping him gain any clicks.

Considering I don't look at his brackets at all I'd say a couple mentions on an obscure message board aren't helping him gain any clicks.
Maybe these obscure mentions are indicative of a national trend? What do I know, I'm just a guy who should be doing real work and is talking b-ball in the middle of the day.

I thought we would probably end up about 7....looking at the rankings though, there is no one below us that I think is better than us, or that even has a strong arguement that they should be ahead of us

Duke is #4 on RPI ranking which is included along with AP and Coaches Poll (#5 in both those) when committee is doing the seeding. Finally, a lot of teams only have 2 regular season games left, but ACC teams for the most part has 3-4 games remaining.

We handle our business during the last 4 games remaining, and we should get a #1 seed in the Midwest or West with Virginia staying as top seed in the South and Nova remaining as the top seed in East.

The posters at Rupp Rafters and THR will say they deserve to be ranked ahead of Duke (even though both teams are nearing 10 losses a piece), you can’t fix stupidity.

The posters at Rupp Rafters and THR will say they deserve to be ranked ahead of Duke (even though both teams are nearing 10 losses a piece), you can’t fix stupidity.

Are UK fans actually saying that? UNC fans could at least have a decent argument since they won head to head but I still don't see how they should be ahead of Duke. They have 2 more losses and 1 more ACC loss. They have better wins but Duke is also just way more talented

Reactions: skysdad
UNC -7 losses and in the top 10...next 7 loss team is #15....no bias there!

Are UK fans actually saying that? UNC fans could at least have a decent argument since they won head to head but I still don't see how they should be ahead of Duke. They have 2 more losses and 1 more ACC loss. They have better wins but Duke is also just way more talented
The posters on those 2 sites are saying Duke is favored on the AP Poll. They are also discrediting the Clemson win since Clemson was without 2 of their players yet they did not acknowledge Duke was without Bagley hahaha.

Let them wallow in their misery and hatred!!....maybe we can add a little more to it this April!!

UNC -7 losses and in the top 10...next 7 loss team is #15....no bias there!
Meh - I guess cincy should be ahead of them but I don't see a team behind them who should jump them in the poll. The AP poll also focuses a lot on the recent. I think UNC has won 4-5 straight and cinch and auburn lost this past week I believe

I figured that we’d jump up to somewhere between 5-7 with how many teams ahead of us losing this week and us winning both of our games this week, especially with one of those wins being against #11 Clemson.

There is only one way to get the fans over at THR to shut up. Duke has to beat the brakes off of UNC for the last home game for Grayson, MB3, Carter, Duval, and likely Trent Jr. We win by 20+ then we can just call scoreboard on them. If it’s a close win, we can’t.

Duke is #4 on RPI ranking which is included along with AP and Coaches Poll (#5 in both those) when committee is doing the seeding. Finally, a lot of teams only have 2 regular season games left, but ACC teams for the most part has 3-4 games remaining.

We handle our business during the last 4 games remaining, and we should get a #1 seed in the Midwest or West with Virginia staying as top seed in the South and Nova remaining as the top seed in East.
So much of seeding has to do with conference tournaments (through Saturday games at least). Duke winning out in the regular season and then losing in either of the first 2 games of the ACCT would probably knock them off the top line

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT