ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA tourney thread

Shipes missing the front end on that was tough for Ga. St.

Holy Crap! Can you say ballsy?! Man alive then Ron hunter falls off his stool hahaha

Wow, two 3 seeds gone in the first 4 hours,

hahahaha Ron Hunter is riding around on a scooter.
laugh.r191677.gif

Wow jus wow... So far this is the best day of the opening day I can remember. And seeing Ga St's coach Hunters reaction is jus priceless. That's what it's about!

I knew the Big 12 was over rated; every team in that league was seeded too high.

Not even halfway through the first afternoon, and my bracket is toast. Did ANYONE have the three results so far? Probably no one in the world.
OFC

Could UCLA prove a lot of people wrong?? Also if Harvard and Hampton win tonight I might call it one of my fav days ever

After seeing 2 big upsets already today I've got a feeling that this is going to be a crazy tourney.

This post was edited on 3/19 4:41 PM by DiehardDukeFan4Life

nm
This post was edited on 3/19 5:06 PM by dbav

I didn't really think Texas would win this game and doesn't look like they will but is Rick Barnes the worst coach in the country? I mean does anyone do less with more then him on a consistent basis?!

What an odd way to get the winning points in that game. UCLA gets the win. Based on the replays, it looks like it was a good call.
This post was edited on 3/19 5:24 PM by dbav

Originally posted by dbav:
What an odd way to get the winning points in that game. UCLA gets the win. Based on the replays, it looks like it was a good call.
Are you kidding?

That was the WORST call on earth.

SMU Robbed.

When they showed the replay again - the ball was not close to the basket, never touched the rim and his hand tipped it when it was even with the rim - clearly OUTSIDE the cylinder. It was an air-ball.

The worst part? the official who called it goal tending was at the time-line near half court! If it was called it should have been the under the basket ref who just watched it.

That ref should be gone for the rest of the tourney for a call like that. You just can't make a judgment call like that unless you are certain - especially if you are not the one in position to make that call.

How are your brackets looking? Mine is already dead. I had Iowa State losing to UK in the finals.

This is the first time in my life I've ever filled out a bracket and didn't have Duke winning it all. Now I can easily them going to the final four.

I'll never make this mistake again.

Originally posted by youngman42:

Originally posted by dbav:

Are you kidding?

That was the WORST call on earth.

SMU Robbed.

When they showed the replay again - the ball was not close to the basket, never touched the rim and his hand tipped it when it was even with the rim - clearly OUTSIDE the cylinder. It was an air-ball.

The worst part? the official who called it goal tending was at the time-line near half court! If it was called it should have been the under the basket ref who just watched it.

That ref should be gone for the rest of the tourney for a call like that. You just can't make a judgment call like that unless you are certain - especially if you are not the one in position to make that call.
Haha. Said with the greatest dramatic effect on earth.

I'm laughing at everyone who had Iowa State in the final four. No sympathy for your brackets. I am not guaranteeing Duke to make it there, but I could not wrap my head around the fear / love for the cyclones.

IMO the goaltend was technically the right call. And I love how the best conf in basketball supposedly isn't doing jack

Originally posted by LetsGoDuke301:
I'm laughing at everyone who had Iowa State in the final four. No sympathy for your brackets. I am not guaranteeing Duke to make it there, but I could not wrap my head around the fear / love for the cyclones.
I know they lost today but you don't think Iowa State could've beaten UCLA, Gonzaga, Villanova, or possibly Duke?

LOL. They really can't make that a goal tend call - from that official from that angle on that play.

On Tru TV they are looking at the shot from outside and the ball is clearly outside the cylinder; it is not above the rim nor is it even going to touch the rim - it has no shot to go in.

What is more ridiculous is on that replay this John Adams - the head of NCAA officials - does not have the integrity to contradict his own officials. No reason to have such a commentator on without objectivity.

I had UCLA in that game but still... feel horrible for those SMU kids.

Still think it's the right call. And a nice start for the SEC with ole miss getting blowed out!

Wow Russell just got his eye busted in the VCU game. Looked like a flagrant 2 to me by the VCU player throwing a huge elbow

I'm 4 and 4. Horrible. OFC

This post was edited on 3/19 7:25 PM by skysdad

Come on Harvard. Let's have a big second half.

Good! I was wanting some people to post with. Harvard made a nice little run then jus let it get back up there. I'm watching this Utah SFA game since it'll could influence us and I'm not very impressed with either

Ellis, on Cincinnati, ejected for a flagrant 2. Such a stupid move (and dangerous) to slam a guy in the throat.

OFC

I really can't stand cincy! Ever since that fight with Xavier it turned me off even more from them. Just always seem like a dirty team with dirty players

AJ Hammons is a beast. I remember seeing him on TV when he was in high school and wishing Duke would recruit him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT