ADVERTISEMENT

NC State coaches

hpnole

Cameron Crazy
Jan 18, 2005
I hope the duke coaches take note on what to do when getting your team ready for a season. Get the players vaccinated . States problems are all on the coach although he is not acknowledging that. His job was to get his kids ready for the season and insisting that they get the vaccine. He failed . JMTCW.

Awful take. These kids are not at risk what so ever. They had a better chance of getting struck by lightening than succumbing to covid. Some of them were already vaxed and still tested positive. So what do you say to them? What about kids who already had it? Why exactly would the baseball Coach tell them to get vaccinated? Does that make any sense? If they were so concerned about covid, why have a full stadium of fans? So it’s ok for 20k fans to sit next to each other (mind you none of those people have to prove vax) to get in, but young athletes in the physical prime of their lives, who are outside!!! Playing a naturally socially distanced sport, cannot? Why exactly are they still testing for covid? Trying to figure that out. Those kids got robbed and i mean ROBBED of a lifetime dream, achievement, goal, and memory. That’s extremely sad.

Last edited:
Awful take. These kids are not at risk what so ever. They had a better chance of getting struck by lightening than succumbing to covid. Some of them were already vaxed and still tested positive. So what do you say to them? What about kids who already had it? Why exactly would the baseball Coach tell them to get vaccinated? Does that make any sense? If they were so concerned about covid, why have a full stadium of fans? So it’s ok for 20k fans to sit next to each other (mind you none of those people have to prove vax) to get in, but young athletes in the physical prime of their lives, who are outside!!! Playing a naturally socially distanced sport, cannot? Why exactly are they still testing for covid? Trying to figure that out. Those kids got robbed and i mean ROBBED of a lifetime dream, achievement, goal, and memory. That’s extremely sad.
Not at risk whatsoever???? do you ever watch the news?? How many sporting events had to be cancelled this year because of covid outbreaks on the teams. Hell yes the coaches should see that the kids are vaccinated.

• Haha
Reactions: Fourteen44
Not at risk whatsoever???? do you ever watch the news?? How many sporting events had to be cancelled this year because of covid outbreaks on the teams. Hell yes the coaches should see that the kids are vaccinated.
99.997% chance of survival. Do YOU understand this virus? The WHO, even said they don’t recommend kids under 18 get vaccinated. These guys are in the PRIME physical shape of their lives, they are not at risk. Do you understand who this virus attacks? Not young athletes. Those guys might get the sniffles. You don’t cancel bc of the flu let alone this. There have been zero cases to my knowledge of this demographic, that have even had a single hospitalization let alone death due to covid. Again, why are we still testing?

Also, what is your explanation of people who have been vaxed and still test positive? See Chris Paul.

You’re a good poster hp. But, you’ve opened up a can of worms with this topic. No offense, but you might want to not watch whatever news you’re watching.
NC State got bent over the barrel with no Vaseline. It’s not the coaches fault. This was the ncaa outdoing themselves, as far as stupidity goes. And that’s saying a lot.

If they were at risk, doesn’t that mean Vanderbilt was too? State got hosed. Period.

The good news is you have come to the right forum. We have the worlds most renowned experts on this topic
As cute as this is, you are free to look up the easily available data available to make a pretty easy conclusion of your own. This one isn’t that difficult.

99.997% chance of survival. Do YOU understand this virus? The WHO, even said they don’t recommend kids under 18 get vaccinated. These guys are in the PRIME physical shape of their lives, they are not at risk. Do you understand who this virus attacks? Not young athletes. Those guys might get the sniffles. You don’t cancel bc of the flu let alone this. There have been zero cases to my knowledge of this demographic, that have even had a single hospitalization let alone death due to covid. Again, why are we still testing?

Also, what is your explanation of people who have been vaxed and still test positive? See Chris Paul.
Anyone who was vaccinated was outside the testing protocols for the tournament. The players who did not get vaccinated were the ones that let the rest of their teammates down. The coach should certainly have made sure everyone understood the risks of not getting vaxed. We can go back and forth on what survival rate means given the long term effects that are becoming apparent but the bottom line was the kids on the team were subject to the same Covid rules as all the other teams along the way and made bad decisions. This is on them.

Anyone who was vaccinated was outside the testing protocols for the tournament. The players who did not get vaccinated were the ones that let the rest of their teammates down. The coach should certainly have made sure everyone understood the risks of not getting vaxed. We can go back and forth on what survival rate means given the long term effects that are becoming apparent but the bottom line was the kids on the team were subject to the same Covid rules as all the other teams along the way and made bad decisions. This is on them.
So even players who were vaxed and tested positive, that’s on them huh? Yeah, really let the team Down.

Wow…

This part-“ According to multiple sources, one of the main reasons for the round of testing for the vaccinated players was due to a request by the Vanderbilt staff. Since that game on Friday, several players that were forced to sit out including Terrell Tatum, Jose Torres, Tyler McDonough, Reid Johnston, Chris Villaman and several others have since tested negative and were able to be at Doak Field on Saturday with the team.”

Go Miss State.

Here is another take on what happened and the timeline.
Good timeline of events. So 8 players tested positive, 4 of which were vaxed. And the NCAA says nah you’re out. No contest. That is shameful, tone deaf and despicable. The NCAA continues to prove themselves a joke.

Has nothing to do with survival rate, it has to do with do you want to compete in sports or dont you.. The coach should have had all players vaccinated before the season started. No political bs please. By the way, I guess many don't agree with Dukes decision to have ALL students vaccinated before they enter school this fall. Great move. That means all of Dukes athletes will be vaccinated. Ok, I am done with this one.

• Haha
Has nothing to do with survival rate, it has to do with do you want to compete in sports or dont you.. The coach should have had all players vaccinated before the season started. No political bs please. By the way, I guess many don't agree with Dukes decision to have ALL students vaccinated before they enter school this fall. Great move. That means all of Dukes athletes will be vaccinated. Ok, I am done with this one.
You still can’t answer the question though- why were vaccinated players being tested?

So your take is that people should be forced to take a shot for a disease that had 99% survival rate.If you are vaccinated which is your choice you are protected so what gives you the right to dictate my personal health decisions

I am with you and my point about survival rates is that using that metric doesn't tell the whole story. FDR "survived" polio but I doubt anyone would say that given that, we should not vax against polio. They are finding that even asymptotic people that there are long term brain and lung consequences. So, I would not be so blasé about the risks to athletes.

I am with you and my point about survival rates is that using that metric doesn't tell the whole story. FDR "survived" polio but I doubt anyone would say that given that, we should not vax against polio. They are finding that even asymptotic people that there are long term brain and lung consequences. So, I would not be so blasé about the risks to athletes.
Simple question. Why are they testing vaccinated players? If the vaccines are so effective, why are they treated the same? If you’re still testing positive, if you’re still susceptible to the wrath of these moronic rules, why even bother getting vaccinated? Kind of defeats the whole Premise, no?

Simple question. Why are they testing vaccinated players? If the vaccines are so effective, why are they treated the same? If you’re still testing positive, if you’re still susceptible to the wrath of these moronic rules, why even bother getting vaccinated? Kind of defeats the whole Premise, no?
Vaccine isnt a cure...it reduces your chances of catching greatly and if you catch symptoms are minimal (as opposed to not vaxed and your symptoms are a toss up???), but you can be a spreader....testing is in place to identify all the possible spreaders, that would be my take on "why vaxed players are tested"

Vaccine isnt a cure...it reduces your chances of catching greatly and if you catch symptoms are minimal (as opposed to not vaxed and your symptoms are a toss up???), but you can be a spreader....testing is in place to identify all the possible spreaders, that would be my take on "why vaxed players are tested"
Even if all of what you said is true, (it’s not), if that were true- testing would need to continue until the end of time. And if it was such a risk, why let 20k+ fans pack the stadium every single night, but we won’t dare test them. Let’s just ruin the dreams of this team.

It’s mostly a scare tactic. None of you are answering Timo’s simple question. Which is, why test the people that are vaccinated? This isn’t a trick question.
Some of you are getting way too technical, showing your education, but a shortage in intelligence.

Reactions: Smythe13
Not even the “experts” on TV can answer this question. They’re all over the place. What the hell I’m getting a vaccine for if I can still get it. In the definition of vaccine it says immunity which means protection from something. Either make masks mandatory or say forget it and let people live how they live

Not even the “experts” on TV can answer this question. They’re all over the place. What the hell I’m getting a vaccine for if I can still get it. In the definition of vaccine it says immunity which means protection from something. say forget it and let people live how they live
Fixed one small part, but otherwise, a good post.

Even if all of what you said is true, (it’s not), if that were true- testing would need to continue until the end of time. And if it was such a risk, why let 20k+ fans pack the stadium every single night, but we won’t dare test them. Let’s just ruin the dreams of this team.
It appears that they tested the vax'd players because of the number of unvaccinated player who tested positive, which gets back to the fact that these players made what I consider an irresponsible decision not to get vaccinated. I will agree that there is a disconnect between the testing of athletes and the number of fans let into the stadium. But the players knew what the rules were and this inconsistency does not relieve them of their role in this. As far as why test the vax'd players, my understanding is the issue of whether they can give the virus to nonvaccinated people is still an open one. And, like all vaccines, this one is not 100% hence the testing once the 4 players were positive.

It appears that they tested the vax'd players because of the number of unvaccinated player who tested positive, which gets back to the fact that these players made what I consider an irresponsible decision not to get vaccinated. I will agree that there is a disconnect between the testing of athletes and the number of fans let into the stadium. But the players knew what the rules were and this inconsistency does not relieve them of their role in this. As far as why test the vax'd players, my understanding is the issue of whether they can give the virus to nonvaccinated people is still an open one. And, like all vaccines, this one is not 100% hence the testing once the 4 players were positive.
So the same thing then, why even bother getting vaccinated? If I’m still going to get tested, and i can still test positive? That logic would suggest that testing should never ever leave. I’m testing players who have a 99.997% survival rate with no vaccination, and then they get a vaccine with 95% effectiveness. Makes ZERO SENSE.

So the same thing then, why even bother getting vaccinated? If I’m still going to get tested, and i can still test positive? That logic would suggest that testing should never ever leave. I’m testing players who have a 99.997% survival rate with no vaccination, and then they get a vaccine with 95% effectiveness. Makes ZERO SENSE.

Simple answer...because they said so.

As a golfer it makes no sense the restrictions they are putting on players. Guess what. I am vaccinated and I live my life. I play golf to on the weekends and during the week. Guess what I won’t get the virus if I play golf alone. Lastly you can’t force people to get vaccinated and I got news for people if you think the lockdowns work as they don’t. Rant over

agree....so long as covid is around and you need to know if you could affect others, i guess its forever then, idk..........guessing the 20k fans are taking there own risk and the ncaa has the responsibility of the athletes?????

You get vaccinated because it is the safest option we have for ourselves and others. That concept remains, independent of whatever the NCAA does or doesn't do.
From a team perspective, you get vaccinated because it gives you and your team the greatest chance of success.
How many people on this board were batching in March about the #@$%#s who exposed our hoops team, ending our season?

If someone makes the choice choice to get vaccinated when they are available to everyone they are protected.Why should a vaccinated person care if someone chooses not to be vaccinated

Reactions: Smythe13
Some refuse to believe that Covid is more of a means to control. How do you do that? By instilling fear into people. Look no further than this thread for proof. The OP in this thread has been brainwashed into blaming it on the coaches of a team. Many others are in step with him.

Let. Us. Live. If you believe masks work, wear as many as you want. If you choose to get vaccinated, go for it. But those that don’t shouldn’t be shamed.

I read where the Make A Wish Foundation originally stated that before a kid could receive their wish, they had to be vaccinated. Make A Wish must have caved in (smart) to the backlash. If you agree with their initial stance, you are ignorant beyond help.

You get vaccinated because it is the safest option we have for ourselves and others. That concept remains, independent of whatever the NCAA does or doesn't do.
From a team perspective, you get vaccinated because it gives you and your team the greatest chance of success.
How many people on this board were batching in March about the #@$%#s who exposed our hoops team, ending our season?
Kind of all over the map here and the comparison to what happened to us in March is not apples to apples. But i digress.

You get vaccinated if you want to get vaccinated because you believe it is the best option for YOU. That’s it. But regardless of that, the point is two fold and quite simple:

1. Why is the NCAA still testing and why are they testing players that are already vaccinated?

2. If you’re all about “player safety” (they’re not), why are you selling out the stadium for every game and not testing fans, making them prove vaccine etc? Seems rather hypocritical doesn’t it?

I think the poster is simply saying we have a better chance of having an uninterrupted season with vaccinated players. Most of those arguing here are arguing about whether or not the NCAA should be enforcing the rules the way they are, or if there should be any of these rules at all... I don't see the the poster who started this thread backing up those rules, just stating that the best way avoid having games canceled or players regularly missing games is to have them vaccinated. Seems like two different arguments going on here to me. For the success of our season (leaving the damn politics out of it), I don't disagree with him.

Last edited:
By the way, I guess many don't agree with Dukes decision to have ALL students vaccinated before they enter school this fall. Great move. That means all of Dukes athletes will be vaccinated.
nole I DO AGREE w/Duke's decision. As you said, "Great move," that all our folks will be vaccinated. Regardless of how you feel about the shots, the discussion on this board has been very interesting!

OFC

Reactions: hpnole
Mostly agree with Tim on separate points being argued.
Timo, I have to disagree with you on the "best for you" point. Unless you are so allergic and or immune compromised that getting the vaccine/any vaccine would be too big a risk, then getting vaccinated is best for you, everyone else, your country, and the world. Just like wearing a seat belt, which also used to considered government overreach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT