ADVERTISEMENT

NBA lottery - Tatum

75% they keep the #1 pick.If they do I can see them offloading Avery Bradley.

But I wouldn't put it past them to trade that #1 pick for a Paul George or Jimmy Butler. If they are gonna be contenders in the east for a while, they have to get someone to "try" to match up with Bron.

Almost every mock draft has Tatum going #4 or #5. Well those slots are Suns & Kings, talk about basketball wastelands. After the lottery selections I kept waiting for Tatum to stand up and declare his return to Duke.

Suggestion to make OAD even crazier, once team lottery slots are announced college players get 20 mins to decide if they want to leave the draft. How funny would that be.

Furltz goes #1 to Boston which is a great team, organization and city. That kid hit the jackpot!
Suns seem up and coming. Just young.

75% they keep the #1 pick.If they do I can see them offloading Avery Bradley.

But I wouldn't put it past them to trade that #1 pick for a Paul George or Jimmy Butler. If they are gonna be contenders in the east for a while, they have to get someone to "try" to match up with Bron.
Right but it's not that simple. They'd have to package the top pick and probably others and get a sign and trade deal done for either of those two guys to guarantee they stay long term. Then obviously the money has to work out. I could literally potentially see them trading the pick for a couple others. I just don't know what you do with IT if you're the Celtics. Nice player for sure- but you're not winning a chip with him. If he's your 2nd or 3rd best guy then absolutely. How well would him and PG mesh? Same with Hayward. But then you have two "#2" guys instead of having a 1. You need a 1- the warriors have two of them, cavs you know have the perfect 1-2. I can't even figure out what I'd do as I'm typing this post.

Reactions: MSUbluedevil
Right but it's not that simple. They'd have to package the top pick and probably others and get a sign and trade deal done for either of those two guys to guarantee they stay long term. Then obviously the money has to work out. I could literally potentially see them trading the pick for a couple others. I just don't know what you do with IT if you're the Celtics. Nice player for sure- but you're not winning a chip with him. If he's your 2nd or 3rd best guy then absolutely. How well would him and PG mesh? Same with Hayward. But then you have two "#2" guys instead of having a 1. You need a 1- the warriors have two of them, cavs you know have the perfect 1-2. I can't even figure out what I'd do as I'm typing this post.

The NBA has become impossible to become a contender without a very select few individuals and even then you have to pair them with other "stars." The days of every team having their one star and battling it out with pride are long gone. As a Knicks fan I've become so jaded to the NBA because my team stinks and the league has become unwatchable as a general fan. The way they call the game to the athletes all wanting the easy way to a championship to the actual rules themselves, it has become such a blah to me.

I used to have ideas on how to make the Knicks better but it has become such an impossible task I don't even waste my thoughts anymore.

I believe they take Fultz as well. Sounds crazy considering the season Isaiah Thomas just had, but if they feel their team has a higher upside with Fultz as their pg of their future instead, I don't think they'll hesitate to pull the trigger. It gives them an insurance policy with Isaiah in line to possibly receive a 200 million dollar contact in the near future. Also as others mentioned, Fultz has the versatility to play with Isaiah in the backcourt as well if that's the route they want to take.

The NBA has become impossible to become a contender without a very select few individuals and even then you have to pair them with other "stars." The days of every team having their one star and battling it out with pride are long gone. As a Knicks fan I've become so jaded to the NBA because my team stinks and the league has become unwatchable as a general fan. The way they call the game to the athletes all wanting the easy way to a championship to the actual rules themselves, it has become such a blah to me.

I used to have ideas on how to make the Knicks better but it has become such an impossible task I don't even waste my thoughts anymore.
I think removing the player cap would help. If Lebron is underpaid, you can afford to surround him with other stars. If the Knicks offered Kyrie 50M a year he would almost certainly leave Cleveland. But the player caps keep the top stars underpaid - so you can afford multiple top stars.

Reactions: DukeJim99
Almost every mock draft has Tatum going #4 or #5. Well those slots are Suns & Kings, talk about basketball wastelands. After the lottery selections I kept waiting for Tatum to stand up and declare his return to Duke.

Suggestion to make OAD even crazier, once team lottery slots are announced college players get 20 mins to decide if they want to leave the draft. How funny would that be.

Furltz goes #1 to Boston which is a great team, organization and city. That kid hit the jackpot!
I'm don't see how the Suns are a basketball wasteland. Remember they had Barkley, Dan Majerle, Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Grant Hill! Not too long ago they were always in the playoffs, often beating Kobe's Lakers but losing to the Spurs. This past season they had the youngest starting lineup in NBA history, I believe. And Devin Booker (that soulless looking guy from Kentucky) scored 70 points in a game. Although this season they were dead last in the NBA – LOL – it doesn't take much to turn things around, especially when the roster is young.

The Nba is tough right now because of the 3 and analytics. Teams shoot such a high % of 3s that there is so much variance night to night. I really believe that is why there are so many blowouts in the playoffs.

The key for the celtics is Hayward. That being said...it still leaves them very small. They didn't go all in on George or Butler at the deadline because they felt good getting a great player for free (FA money) and keeping their assets...I'm not sure why that changes now that they actually landed the top pick.

If they land Hayward...they would need to trade At least Crowder and Bradley just to have enough cap space. That obviously isn't enough for the Bulls so now you are talking Crowder, Bradley and Fultz? That seems too much for the Celtics.

IMO...they keep Fultz...they sign Hayward, Griffin or Ibaka...then trade Bradley for some rebounding at a cheaper price. Easier said then done!

As for Tatum...nba teams obviously see a ton of talent because drafts have him so high...but it wouldn't shock me if he's the one to fall when teams are actually picking.

You are right about foul shooting projecting future 3-point success at a decent rate...I just think his nature is as a ball stopper in ISO ball and smart teams will avoid him.

He is going to get his stats in the nba and will play a long time. I just think it will be on losing teams.

I'm don't see how the Suns are a basketball wasteland. Remember they had Barkley, Dan Majerle, Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Grant Hill! Not too long ago they were always in the playoffs, often beating Kobe's Lakers but losing to the Spurs. This past season they had the youngest starting lineup in NBA history, I believe. And Devin Booker (that soulless looking guy from Kentucky) scored 70 points in a game. Although this season they were dead last in the NBA – LOL – it doesn't take much to turn things around, especially when the roster is young.

Barkley & Majerle were good with Suns in mid-90's, that's 20+ years ago. Nash ever sniff The Finals, nope. Stoudemire was top notch stat filler under Dantonio's run & gun "regular season" success. Grant carried AARP card as member of the Suns. Thanks for proving my point!

Blame Jim Dolan, not the NBA. NBA was unwatchable in 2000's but today's game is much improved & more entertaining to watch.

The Nba is tough right now because of the 3 and
The key for the celtics is Hayward. That being said...it still leaves them very small. They didn't go all in on George or Butler at the deadline because they felt good getting a great player for free (FA money) and keeping their assets...I'm not sure why that changes now that they actually landed the top pick.

If they land Hayward...they would need to trade At least Crowder and Bradley just to have enough cap space. That obviously isn't enough for the Bulls so now you are talking Crowder, Bradley and Fultz? That seems too much for the Celtics.

IMO...they keep Fultz...they sign Hayward, Griffin or Ibaka...then trade Bradley for some rebounding at a cheaper price. Easier said then done!
They didn't trade for George or Butler because of the demands of both the Bulls and Pacers. If it was within reason, Boston would have traded for one of those two at the deadline. If Chicago comes down off of its 2 first round Brooklyn picks and 3 core player, then maybe Boston might entertain them in regards to Butler.

Boston can sign Hayward and keep everyone on the roster. They would still be under the cap after that. Which means they could offer Olynyk a contract or go after another player. Last summer Boston offered Durant a big contract and that money left on the table is all cap space.

Avery Bradley is not going anywhere. If you believe Danny Ainge.

They didn't trade for George or Butler because of the demands of both the Bulls and Pacers. If it was within reason, Boston would have traded for one of those two at the deadline. If Chicago comes down off of its 2 first round Brooklyn picks and 3 core player, then maybe Boston might entertain them in regards to Butler.

Boston can sign Hayward and keep everyone on the roster. They would still be under the cap after that. Which means they could offer Olynyk a contract or go after another player. Last summer Boston offered Durant a big contract and that money left on the table is all cap space.

They can afford to keep everyone on roster next year and sign Hayward, I agree. But IT, Bradley, and Crowder will be getting huge raises once they become Free Agents. I haven't looked at the raw numbers, but they would eventually have to trade one of their core pieces - don't you think? Who do you think they would unload if that's the case?

If you could draft fultz, trade IT for George and keep Bradley, would you take that deal? I'd have to say as a non Celtics fan (indifferent) I'd take that 10 out of 10 times, what say you. Assuming PG (or Butler) sign long term.

If you could draft fultz, trade IT for George and keep Bradley, would you take that deal? I'd have to say as a non Celtics fan (indifferent) I'd take that 10 out of 10 times, what say you. Assuming PG (or Butler) sign long term.
That makes a lot of sense. I'd probably do it. Thomas is kind of a hero up here though, so it would be with a heavy heart for sure. I'd like to see Butler though. Really good contract and pretty much equal production. George isn't going to sign until he year's the waters.

They can afford to keep everyone on roster next year and sign Hayward, I agree. But IT, Bradley, and Crowder will be getting huge raises once they become Free Agents. I haven't looked at the raw numbers, but they would eventually have to trade one of their core pieces - don't you think? Who do you think they would unload if that's the case?
Crowder has 3 more years and Bradley 2. Not as pressing with those two. Marcus Smart and Thomas are the year after. I'm really not sure what happens. Lol. Bradley, Smart and Crowder wet all focal points of trade talk at the deadline.

Reactions: dukedevilz
If they keep everyone and sign Hayward then they are pretty maxed out with salary. I think they are looking at around $26 million open which is about exactly what Hayward will cost. Olynyk can be signed over the cap because of bird rights but they may not want to cover what another team offers.

Keep in mind...should they sign Hayward then at guard and small forward they have...

Fultz
Thomas
Bradley
Smart
Rozier
Hayward
Brown
Crowder (i realize he can play up a position but it puts them in serious rebounding trouble if it's all the time)

That isn't even taking into account Jackson and Young who likely won't be staying.

If they keep everyone and sign Hayward then they are pretty maxed out with salary. I think they are looking at around $26 million open which is about exactly what Hayward will cost. Olynyk can be signed over the cap because of bird rights but they may not want to cover what another team offers.

Keep in mind...should they sign Hayward then at guard and small forward they have...

Fultz
Thomas
Bradley
Smart
Rozier
Hayward
Brown
Crowder (i realize he can play up a position but it puts them in serious rebounding trouble if it's all the time)

That isn't even taking into account Jackson and Young who likely won't be staying.

Still not enough to stop King James.

Fultz
Thomas
Bradley
Smart
Rozier
Hayward
Brown

Agreed. Certainly they are guard-heavy. They could use a power forward (or bigger 3), ideally someone who can hit some perimeter shots. Paul Milsapp, Blake Griffin, Serge Ibaka, and Danilo Gallinari are all options. I would like to see Hayward with Boston, but they'll probably need to do some shuffling in order to make the roster fit and the cap space accommodating.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT