ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell back

I don't think we beat UT even with Mark due to UT'S muscle, experience and dirty play helped by the refs all throwing their whistles in a gym bag back in the tunnel before the game. Was that not a microcosm though of the season to find out a starter would be unavailable right near tip off? Further highlighting that statistic of what Duke's record was when the entire roster was available. What did it end up getting to guys? 18-1? 17-1? and the one loss is the Virginia game with the botched decision by the refs that was so bad the ACC released a statement on it.

I thought months ago that the best we could hope for from the freshman were Proctor and Mitchell returning. So happy that came true. If we now keep Flip even better, of course, but I really am so pleased to get Proctor and Mitchell back. With Ryan Young, that will be more Duke experience than we normally have coming back, even if Roach and Flip leave.

Come on flip 🤞🤞🤞🤞

We are officially a problem next year! Mitchell and Procter were always the keys to me! Now our incoming freshmen do not have to be heavily relied upon, they can grow at their own pace. This is great news!

I wanna see the paint shored up, Duke's gonna be good as usual but how will they look down low? that's unknown yet due to decisions we don't yet know about. Also, does anyone know regarding the portal of any kids Duke may be looking at? is there a player you would like to see them look at?

I wanna see the paint shored up, Duke's gonna be good as usual but how will they look down low? that's unknown yet due to decisions we don't yet know about. Also, does anyone know regarding the portal of any kids Duke may be looking at? is there a player you would like to see them look at?
Supposedly they’ve reached out to a center from Dayton but imo I dunno if we will get any impact transfers for next year. We have a big class and now returnees. Only so much pt and these kids now wanna play or they’ll bail.

Wow great news. Still think Flip goes but getting these 2 back makes me very excited. He wasn't on any mock drafts so I am glad we didn't have another head scratching decision. Love his game he's like Battier Jr. Welcome back young man and good job Jon! This is what I've been asking for; these are the kind of guys we need back. We already have more experience than last year.

This is such a total 180 from last offseason. Watching basically all our guys leave after that gut wrenching Final Four loss. And at the same time having my UNC buddies texting me every time a damn Tar Heel guy said he was coming back.
Loving this!

I don't think we beat UT even with Mark due to UT'S muscle, experience and dirty play helped by the refs all throwing their whistles in a gym bag back in the tunnel before the game. Was that not a microcosm though of the season to find out a starter would be unavailable right near tip off? Further highlighting that statistic of what Duke's record was when the entire roster was available. What did it end up getting to guys? 18-1? 17-1? and the one loss is the Virginia game with the botched decision by the refs that was so bad the ACC released a statement on it.
If you play Tenn again with a healthy Mitch, coaching adjustments and guard play... I don't know. Tenn had the one factor we didn't have, experience.

Wow great news. Still think Flip goes but getting these 2 back makes me very excited. He wasn't on any mock drafts so I am glad we didn't have another head scratching decision. Love his game he's like Battier Jr. Welcome back young man and good job Jon! This is what I've been asking for; these are the kind of guys we need back. We already have more experience than last year.
Wouldn't bet money on Flip leaving if I were you.

My two favorite players are coming back! Both improved tremendously during the season and no reason they can't stay on the same upward path!

Great! I am greedy tho! Give me Flip and Roach and a state of the art Pool that we can have our basketball practices in before the season starts

Reactions: youngman42
Supposedly they’ve reached out to a center from Dayton but imo I dunno if we will get any impact transfers for next year. We have a big class and now returnees. Only so much pt and these kids now wanna play or they’ll bail.
I’m not so sure - if we got a big time center transfer, it would mean (a) Young would get less minutes, but I don’t think he’s returning because he expects to get 20+ minutes per game, and (b) Mark and some other freshmen won’t have to play out of position. This is definitely our biggest gap for next year.

Got a text earlier about this. It is great news. He will add physicality. Both he and Proctor to should be awesome after an off season of growth and training.

Really hoping Ryan Young builds himself up physically. The tourney has felt a bit more like semi-pro ball the way these older players have brought so much physicality to the college game. He needs to do the same.

Can’t wait to see how the team fills out next season.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
My guess is that Lively is next with an announcement to turn pro. Flip next week announcing a return? It sure is a welcome change to see these decisions come early. If things go right, Duke has the chance to field a dominant team for the first time in years. Not just competitive but dominant. I have been reading about the Dayton 5 people have been talking about. He would fit in nicely as he has the ability to guard on the perimeter, kinda like Lively.

Reactions: christophero
Its really nice to get these quick decisions either way. No drama. I suspect most know what they are planning to do by now.

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
I’m not so sure - if we got a big time center transfer, it would mean (a) Young would get less minutes, but I don’t think he’s returning because he expects to get 20+ minutes per game, and (b) Mark and some other freshmen won’t have to play out of position. This is definitely our biggest gap for next year.
What’s Dukes biggest gap for next year ?
I’m lost because
C/Pf - Young , Reeves, Mitchell, Stewart, Mgbako and Powers.
Hybrid Sf/pf - Mgbako , Mitchell and Powers.
That’s with out Flip returning. So where is the gap at ? Center would easily be Young and Reeves that leaves four to play to other front court positions .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT