ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell back

I wouldn't go that far. I just get decent info from time to time.
RS get's it right every time doesn't he! Do you know who the 3 portal bigs are that he's been telling us about?
Actually4. We all know who the first two are. He hasn't said who the 3rd and 4th are yet. Sanogo, Ware and Holmes, but I wonder who the 4th is?

Reeves played like 5 minutes this year. He's a great story and could be a rotation guy down the road but Jon is going to try to improve the 5 if he can. Everyone else is going to be loading up in the portal. If Flip returns I'd be okay with who we have. But we don't know that.

Reeves played like 5 minutes this year. He's a great story and could be a rotation guy down the road but Jon is going to try to improve the 5 if he can. Everyone else is going to be loading up in the portal. If Flip returns I'd be okay with who we have. But we don't know that.
Yes and IMO it cost him Reeves as a junior especially after lifting his red shirt . That’s why I’m not against any kid who transfers from a program with the new rule . Dukes front court without Flip will be loaded and I do not see him wanting to waist a third year riding Dukes bench .

RS get's it right every time doesn't he! Do you know who the 3 portal bigs are that he's been telling us about?
Actually4. We all know who the first two are. He hasn't said who the 3rd and 4th are yet. Sanogo, Ware, and Holmes, but I wonder who the 4th is?
I've just heard of 3, my dude! And RS does! I hadn't heard anything about Roach from my guy. I think RS is more in the loop than he is, haha

People on another board were asking why Roach might be leaving. I honestly didn't have an answer. Hope he returns, but Proctor's return makes Flip the bigger need.

Last edited:
What’s Dukes biggest gap for next year ?
I’m lost because
C/Pf - Young , Reeves, Mitchell, Stewart, Mgbako and Powers.
Hybrid Sf/pf - Mgbako , Mitchell and Powers.
That’s with out Flip returning. So where is the gap at ? Center would easily be Young and Reeves that leaves four to play to other front court positions .
Mitchell, Stewart, Mgbako and Powers aren’t centers, and Young is a super sub at center, much like Theo was last year, but not starter material for a team that is looking to be “dominant”, as several have put it. It wasn’t a coincidence that we took off this year when Lively started to click. Prior to that, Young was our starting center , which was not the role he was recruited to play. I think Reeves has a chance to replicate Lively’s development (and Mark Williams’ development as well), but is that a sure thing, at least for next year? If the staff passes on a center transfer, i guess the answer will be that they think it is.

Reactions: christophero
The staff see Reeves much more than we do. The fact that he didn't play much even when Lively was out and we are pursuing big men in the portal tells me either Flip is leaving or Reeves may be a year away.

The staff see Reeves much more than we do. The fact that he didn't play much even when Lively was out and we are pursuing big men in the portal tells me either Flip is leaving or Reeves may be a year away.

YES! You are correct sir! The staff saw enough to burn his red shirt but not enough to play him. Let's see how it plays out.

Mitchell, Stewart, Mgbako and Powers aren’t centers, and Young is a super sub at center, much like Theo was last year, but not starter material for a team that is looking to be “dominant”, as several have put it. It wasn’t a coincidence that we took off this year when Lively started to click. Prior to that, Young was our starting center , which was not the role he was recruited to play. I think Reeves has a chance to replicate Lively’s development (and Mark Williams’ development as well), but is that a sure thing, at least for next year? If the staff passes on a center transfer, i guess the answer will be that they think it is.
Hey there! I know these two players, but Reeves better. So I wanna say it's hard to predict whether or not he'll be able to replicate the success of Lively and Williams. However, if the coaching staff decides not to pursue a transfer for a center position, it's likely because they believe in Reeves' potential))

Reactions: christophero
Reeves was a 3 star. Other than CTC he really hasn't shown much. He can be good down the line, but I don't get the sky high optimism with him. Sometimes a 3 star is a 3 star. Which is fine; but the staff are contacting portal big men. I do think he could crack the rotation by junior year if he is patient. If we have injuries this year(and we always do) he may get his chance. You are not recruiting over a guy if he never played last season.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT