ADVERTISEMENT

McCain declaring for NBA Draft

I knew it was coming. I've heard rumblings about him teetering, but I am not shocked to see him go. Jared will be missed. I loved his energy and his positive attitude. We have a few more announcements to come. I'm thinking at least one surprise.

Last edited:
Great kid and he was so good this year he was my favorite player on the team. I think he was the most consistent player on the team. He played himself into a high draft status and deserves to reap the rewards of that.

Reactions: bullcity gamer
Am I the only one that thinks that roach will likely play a 5th year?
Doubt we get Roach and Foster back. Unless one of them doesn’t mind coming off the bench.

We aren’t starting 3 guards next season.

Reactions: sheyduke
Doubt we get Roach and Foster back. Unless one of them doesn’t mind coming off the bench.

We aren’t starting 3 guards next season.
Please no . The size and length Duke could have you play with it .

Reactions: Devilinside
I agree 100%. I want Flagg at the 3. Id rather have roach than foster starting. I don’t see roach transferring and I just don’t see how roach going pro is a better business decision. I think his decision is almost inverted from the typical situation. He can stay in college and make more money.

I would rather have Roach.

Roach
Proctor
Flagg
Maluach

7. Clifford Omoruyi​

Old school: Rutgers

Entering the first round of the NCAA Tournament, Omoruyi's 93 blocks ranked fourth nationally. The 6-foot-11 center is an elite rim protector with consecutive Big Ten All-Defense honors. Omoruyi also averaged double figures in each of the last three seasons and posted 29 double-doubles in his four years with Rutgers. He can't do much away from the rim offensively but is excellent defensively.

You can't have an entire team of 4 and 5 stars. No one would want to be a role player. You need Young and Blakes type guys to play their roles. If we can convince 2 physically tough portal guys to come off the bench we will be title contenders. With Mitchell, Young and Flip gone we need a vet up front. Sell them on what being a rotation player on a final four team will do for their pro prospects. If we don't get some vets it will be another year of close but not enough. Of course we do have Roach and Blakes already, but the word is Blakes is transferring. That's why Mitchell leaving hurt; I think we sorely need experience up front. We need to find a way to make the portal work for us. Problem is that may be tricky with 6 highly rated guys incoming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jjallen and Mac9192
Having 3 experienced guards back would be nice. And it seems like we always have one guard injured anyways. 2 guards back is good, but I think we go to the portal if only 2 guards return. Even if Schutt stays I hear he will have a long recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jjallen
Congrats kiddo

Not well rounded player. Has to end up in small percentage situation.

Some might categorize this as negative - the boy seems like classic never faced a big hurdle in his playing career. Returning to Duke would force him to help the team and help in ways he's not excited bout.

Jump. NBA draft is a party. New team and organization kissing his butt. But in the NBA season 2 is make or break. Dig in and get comfortable with the uncomfortable.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke83
It’s never a bad thing to have options for your lineup. Plus, Roach is a different player come tournament time. I don’t think all three come back but wouldn’t be mad if they did.
No . It didn’t work half the time this year . You start three small guards when you have three 6’7” sf’s and possibly a 6’9” sg in power on the bench along with Stewart and you probably don’t have any around the following season . Scheyer and staff are looking in the portal but if you get Roach back you’re only getting a Grandison type player possibly . Why recruit bigger players to play a small three guard line up .

• Haha
Reactions: Tik Tok and Mac9192
Maybe one of these new kids can guard at the 2 spot. If not, I’d like to have roach back.

I will agree that roach played bad in both tournaments and I can understand why some are over him. His turnovers cost us badly. However, who would you rather have shooting free throws at the end of a game? Foster or Roach? I know that’s looking at one factor but for me it’s the difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Only_Blue
If Roach can stay healthy, I'm in the camp of choosing him over Foster. Both will probably be gone after next season regardless so give me experience and a proven guard.

Reactions: Jjallen
I
Congrats kiddo

Not well rounded player. Has to end up in small percentage situation.

Some might categorize this as negative - the boy seems like classic never faced a big hurdle in his playing career. Returning to Duke would force him to help the team and help in ways he's not excited bout.

Jump. NBA draft is a party. New team and organization kissing his butt. But in the NBA season 2 is make or break. Dig in and get comfortable with the uncomfortable.
I genuinely have no idea what you’re talking about. The only thing McCain wasn’t great at was ball handling. He cleaned the glass about as well as a 6’3” guard can and he did it while playing SF all year. He did whatever the team needed him to do and did it with a smile.

He’s leaving because the NBA lottery is life changing money and being a pro basketball player is his dream. Has nothing to do with whether him not wanting to help the team lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT