ADVERTISEMENT

Max Christie

I’m hoping the two starters returning will be a Sophomore Roach and Steward with Griffin, Baldwin, and either Williams or Charles Bediako at Center with the other one, Baker, Coleman and Brakefield coming off the bench. Still leaves us very thin at guard.

I'd be happy with that but I'd still like to have Banchero.

Reactions: christophero
The thing about those 2 power forwards is that they both can shoot and handle the ball, so the wouldn't be likely to get in each others way. And, Banchero is big enough to handle the 5, which wouldn't even be a small frontcourt with him, Baldwin, and Griffin.

Reactions: bullettoothtony
Rumor on another board that Christie may commit to Michigan State over the weekend.

Take it for what it's worth.

Still like Keels more...dude is a 6’5 220 Bully 2Guard.

I also see DJ around and maybe even Roach as sophomores.

Duke will be fine at the 1 and 2 next season.

He didn't even have Duke in his final five. Maybe recruits think Roach/Steward will come back? Unless Moore really struggles I would have to think he's gone.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens. Does Steward come back? Same with Roach. Do we get Keels? Houstan, who we assume will reclass. I’m not really worried about it, but nice pickup for MSU.
It's always nice to grab the sure thing early. But I still think this ends up working out in Duke's favor. I'd rather have a sophomore Steward, Keels, or a reclassed Houstan than Christie. And that's not sour grapes, that's just going by rankings and film. So we still got 3 great options. One or more will happen.

It's always nice to grab the sure thing early. But I still think this ends up working out in Duke's favor. I'd rather have a sophomore Steward, Keels, or a reclassed Houstan than Christie. And that's not sour grapes, that's just going by rankings and film. So we still got 3 great options. One or more will happen.
I agree with that too. Sounds like sour grapes but I’ve felt this way for a while. Especially since i saw Keels play back in the winter. Then since seeing Houstan’s tapes I’m not sure which i want more of those two. Then you have DJ possibly staying. So yeah, I’m ok with it.

Reactions: jwill133
Also hearing in Memphis that Chandler will pull the trigger to UT this week.

Really liked what I saw from Christie. Sure hope you guys are right about Keels/Houston.
As always, we will see.

Bummer about Christie. Haven’t had that knock down shooter in a long time. Still holding out hope for Baldwin.

We’re still in the running for Keels, Houstan, and Dieng. We’ll get at least one of the three imo. We’ll be fine.

Is Keels a shooter or more of a slasher?
He’s a solid shooter. Wouldn’t say Christie level but he’s good. Imo he’s a better slasher than Christie. Not super athletic but he’s got a bigger frame and is better suited to drive and finish through contact. I’d lean to more of a shooter but he’s capable of driving.

Is Keels a shooter or more of a slasher?
Christie is a better shooter, Keels is a better all-around scorer/defender.
I'd consider Christie to be a lot like Andre Dawkins, super elite shooter but not much else, fits great if he's playing around other studs. But if freshman Christie is your 1st or 2nd option, you're probably screwed.

Keels can shoot, but not like Christie. Keels is MUCH stronger though and can attack the rim and finish, he also projects as a much better defender. I don't have a great Duke Keels comparison, maybe a stronger/thicker Rasheed Sulaimon??

Last edited:
Reactions: timo0402
Christie is a better shooter, Keels is a better all-around scorer/defender.
I'd consider Christie to be a lot like Andre Dawkins, super elite shooter but not much else, fits great if he's playing around other studs. But if he's your first option, your screwed.

Keels can shoot, but not like Christie. Keels is MUCH stronger though and can attack the rim and finish, he also projects as a much better defender. I don't have a great Duke Keels comparison, maybe a stronger/thicker Rasheed Sulaimon??
If comp is right sign me up.

Reactions: jwill133
A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. But Duke seems to come out okay in these situations.

Reactions: timo0402
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT