ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Williams makes his decision

I really like how everything is shaping up now with Mark back to man the center spot and protect the rim on defense. But I have a sneaking suspicion there is one more piece to come. I know the recruits are in Baldwins ear and maybe he wants to be part of a superteam. We will probably know before long. I feel some more good news is coming!!!
OFC

Reactions: christophero
I really like how everything is shaping up now with Mark back to man the center spot and protect the rim on defense. But I have a sneaking suspicion there is one more piece to come. I know the recruits are in Baldwins ear and maybe he wants to be part of a superteam. We will probably know before long. I feel some more good news is coming!!!
OFC
As long as it’s Moore and Baker returning the rest is just extra.
Williams has the potential to be special with him and Paolo and Griffin in the frontcourt with hopefully John and Moore helping.

As I said he's the guy we need back. Big men like him don't grow on trees; and we were not finding a guy that good in high school or in the portal to replace him. I still don't like the fact that we lost Steward, as that almost forces Roach to make a big leap for us to be a Final Four contender.

Last edited:
As I said he's the guy we need back. Big men like him don't grow on trees; and we were not finding a guy that good in high school or in the portal to replace him. I still don't like the fact that we lost Steward, as that almost forces Roach to make a big leap for us to be a Final Four contender.
Keels can shoot it. Who knows if it translates to the next level, but i believe it's definitely going to be an upgrade on the defensive end. If Moore stays in the gym this off-season, I think he becomes a more consistent shooter from deep. He got better towards the end if the year.

That's true. Steward was good but him and Roach were the tiniest backcourt ever. (and we still lose them to the NBA smh) We need to get more physical, and Keels can help us with that.

Last edited:
We also need more clutch shooting. So many end of game scenarios last year where we got really good looks and just didnt knock them down.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I felt like the ball was always in the wrong hands in end of shot clock and end of game situations. Either the defense knew who to keep the ball away from or we didn't do a good enough job working for a good shot. I am confident we will have more shot makers this coming year. Hopefully Moore won't always have the ball at the end of the shot clock.

True, but we had good shooters, like DJ and Joey missing open looks. Roach too. Now maybe Roach isn't a great shooter, but when your guards repeayedly get open looks in the last minute of a one possession games, they gotta make some of them.
I think I remember one situation where DJ made a late 3 in a Duke win (UVA?).

Reactions: christophero
Which game was it that JJ dribbled the ball down court and didn't get a shot off at the buzzer? The team looked...lost on that last play. So sad.

Reactions: geddoughton23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT