ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Bagley

DBR is discussing this. There were rumors he was interested if we don't get Baldwin. He averaged 10ppg as a freshman and appeared on some mock drafts; so he's a talent. I couldn't find anything online that he was interested, but he's an upgrade over Coleman. More of a wing player but he can shoot. From what I've heard he sounds a bit like Brakefield. I say if he's interested why not?

Last edited:
I'd take him. He's also got a year's experience. If he's on mock drafts he must be an athlete. We just lost Coleman. I just watched some clips. He looks like Moore with a better shot. Pretty athletic too.

Last edited:
Reactions: geddoughton23
and 35% from three...iirc I read that he took about 8 shots a game and 6 were 3s...???
and 35% from three...iirc I read that he took about 8 shots a game and 6 were 3s...???
My goodness!!! You are correct. Sorry that I was unintentionally misleading. ESPN doesn't give very detailed numbers 35% from 3 and 47% from 2 and 38% overall. I saw him a few years ago when he was only 6'4".

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
I assume he doesn't come if we get Baldwin. We will probably add one more player in case of injuries.

Reactions: bobcrane14
He declared for the draft didn’t he?

He’s Marvin’s little brother the one that went to ASU?

I saw Marcus when he was a high school sophomore, and thought that he would be an excellent college player if he grew to 6'8", his listed height now. I didn't watch any Arizona State games last year

Reactions: christophero
Honestly, i think I’d pass. He has tons of potential but i just don’t think he’s very efficient. Plus he’d come off the bench and his dad us known to be very opinionated on his sons. We really didn’t have any problems with him but Marvin was a flat out stud and our clear go to guy. I’d just rather stay away from it.

He was just a freshman. If he made a big second year jump he'd be pretty good, maybe even good enough to start. I wouldn't want him chasing Moore away, but they could probably play together. Bagley was ranked 48th in high school by Rivals.

Last edited:
That guy is good. 6-11 former 5 star. How many transfers has Memphis lost? I know Boogie Ellis went to USC.
Just the two now with Cisse. He’s very raw still but it makes you wonder just how many people are in their ear. Kid was the freshman of the year after coming in early and still wants to leave .

Number one recruiting class scattered to the 4 winds. I wonder what that's like.

Obviously Patrick is priority #1, we land him and we are done.

However, it's nice to know that the staff is looking at contingency plans, because we need another shooter (could use another ball-handler too, but whatever, lets hope Roach makes a big jump and Wendell remembers how to dribble).
Bagley would be a great fit for this roster. He is an elite 3 point shooter, months back was projected as a 1st rounder in just about every mock draft. He declared but hasn't hired an agent, usually guys come back when they choose that route. He fell off towards the end of the season, but his profile is the type of guys who leaves and goes 2nd round. Getting him would be huge, because there just aren't many guys around anymore who "could" get drafted and still choose to play another year in college. I'd take him over Baker talent-wise, and when Baker is cold, we will REALLY need another shooter.

I know his dad made some dumb comments about Marvin and the Kings needing to trade him. However, there were no reports of issues ever at Duke. Again, ZERO reports, other than dumb posters on DI trying to say things to fit their own personal narrative about the Bagley's. So with that said, I would trust that the Duke staff does their due diligence before taking Marcus in knowing that the dad wouldn't be a problem.

Getting guys who could go in the draft back is key to success. See Baylor and Gonzaga. We already have one. 2 would be nice.

Getting guys who could go in the draft back is key to success. See Baylor and Gonzaga. We already have one. 2 would be nice.
Moore could have left freshman year and been in the first round. He took a slight back this season due to trying to put it altogether, Defense, primary ball handler, shooting and attacking the basket.
As long as he’s willing to buy in why not add him .

Reactions: christophero
Obviously Patrick is priority #1, we land him and we are done.

However, it's nice to know that the staff is looking at contingency plans, because we need another shooter (could use another ball-handler too, but whatever, lets hope Roach makes a big jump and Wendell remembers how to dribble).
Bagley would be a great fit for this roster. He is an elite 3 point shooter, months back was projected as a 1st rounder in just about every mock draft. He declared but hasn't hired an agent, usually guys come back when they choose that route. He fell off towards the end of the season, but his profile is the type of guys who leaves and goes 2nd round. Getting him would be huge, because there just aren't many guys around anymore who "could" get drafted and still choose to play another year in college. I'd take him over Baker talent-wise, and when Baker is cold, we will REALLY need another shooter.

I know his dad made some dumb comments about Marvin and the Kings needing to trade him. However, there were no reports of issues ever at Duke. Again, ZERO reports, other than dumb posters on DI trying to say things to fit their own personal narrative about the Bagley's. So with that said, I would trust that the Duke staff does their due diligence before taking Marcus in knowing that the dad wouldn't be a problem.
To be fair though, i don’t know how his dad could’ve complained about Marvins time at Duke. He was clearly our best player and our go-to scorer. That wouldn’t be the case for Marcus. He’d come off the bench next year as the 6/7th man and i have a hard time believing they’d be happy about that.

We should pursue him for the simple fact we need people who can push people in practice and we might not have much in the future

baker
Roach
Keels
Aj
Paolo
Blake
Williams
John
Moore

we’ve got 9 scholarship players. No offense to the walk ons, but 99.9% of the time they shouldn’t be apart of the second 5 rotation. Especially at duke. We also need people who will stay and grow. There are 8 out of 9 people on this list who have a high chance of being gone next year. I think a lot of people are missing that.

Last edited:
We should try to get Baldwin or Bagley for sure. Plus we always have injuries. Bagley declared for the draft so I doubt we'd get more than one year out of him. But you never know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT