ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of chalk

lyonhawk

All American
Sep 8, 2003
I don't remember many tournaments going this "according to plan" in the first weekend. All the 1, 2, and 3 seeds advanced along with 2 4s and a 5. The only seed higher than 5 to make it was 12-seeded Oregon.

A LOT of people picked the 1s and 2s as their elite 8 matchups. There seems to be a pretty big drop after the top 7 or so teams. Anyone left can win it all, but I'd give pretty good odds it's either a 1 or 2 seed this year.

My gf is drilling me in our bracket challenge. She doesn’t have a perfect bracket but she has correctly chosen every S16 team except Oregon. She picked all the lower seeds to win every game, but picked Auburn over Kansas because “the bird looked sketchy” — I’ve tried explaining that chalk is rarely this accurate, but right now she believes she’s an expert (she also chose Ohio St over Iowa St, Liberty over Miss St because maroon is an ugly color) ..... lmao, felt like sharing that.

This exact scenario happened in 2009. I saw someone mention it on the main board, assuming they’re correct. All 1-4 with a 5 and 12 seed. I guess Oregon would be considered Cinderella right now lol

All I know right now is I'm glad I don't have to worry about basketball until Friday. I can't take anymore right now

Reactions: jrtplaya
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT